Endicott, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Two terms in office, almost eight years wasted, and still Mayor Doofus Ryan can't take care of a simple garbage problem on a couple properties immediately across the street from city hall.

Remember his "Garbage SummiT"!

What a disgrace, what a failure he has been.

Hawley Street trash problem leads to lawsuit
10:28 PM, Mar 22, 2013

BINGHAMTON - After spending nearly a decade urging two mayors to take action, Frederick J. Meagher Jr. is now pursuing a lawsuit demanding the city address problems with the garbage collection site outside his downtown law offices at 15 Hawley St.

The front door of the brick building that houses Meagher's legal practice opens to the collection site, where nearby State Street restaurants and bars drag their garbage bins, trash bags and cardboard boxes filled with empty liquor bottles, often leaving a greasy trail of slime that stains the sidewalk and stinks days after garbage trucks haul away the waste, he said.

"It's something that is just disgraceful,"; he said, adding garbage often piles up over the weekend because pickup doesn't come until Monday.

“Words are words are words.”

Since: Mar 13

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

From your own quote:

"After spending nearly a decade urging two mayors to take action"

So shouldn't your complaint have included "Mayor Doofus" Bucci also ?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Matt Ryan is the only mayor I sport wood for.
Curious George

Windsor, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Vallum wrote:
From your own quote:
"After spending nearly a decade urging two mayors to take action"
So shouldn't your complaint have included "Mayor Doofus" Bucci also ?
Let's see, the complaint to Bucci was made in 2005, wasn't it? Bucci's last year in office, so Bucci dealt with it for six months or so and Ryan for more than seven years.

So who do you think should take the most responsibility?

So let's say for the sake of argument we include Bucci and Ryan in the problem. For the last seven years and three months why could Mayor Matt Ryan not deal with the garbage DIRECTLY ACROSS THE STREET FROM CITY HALL???????

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

"Meagher first sought action on the problem from former mayor Richard Bucci, around the time the city completed refurbishing the Parlor City Commons behind the State Street businesses in 2004 for about $371,000. "

I lie. A lot. That is why I am Broome County's biggest liar.

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

No one is saying that Ryan doesn't have fault in the situation...

I was simply making the observation that you once again gave Bucci a free pass for his involvement in the situation... and as usual did your but but but it's Ryan and only Ryan routine...

May I humbly suggest your take a nice philosophy or logic class or two... maybe even something like an investigative reporting class if you imagine writing is your thing...

Then we might not all feel so embarrassed for you i.e. we won't have to constantly be correctly the glaring errors when you spam various local sites...

Think about it !
Nat Ghast

Endicott, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Bucci was the mayor more SEVEN YEARS AGO. Don't you think it's time Ryan apologists stop using that lame excsue.

Ryan had a "Garbage Summit" for God's sake, and still could clean up the trash outside his own office.

Frederick J. Meagher Jr. said it best, "It's something that is just disgraceful".

Indeed disgrace sums up Ryan's term as mayor.

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

The question simply is - why was this presented as an issue that is Ryan's and only Ryan's fault... since the article itself said it has been an issue for almost a decade i.e. would put it around 2003... and that means it is yet another thing that the Bucci folks created and dropped in the current administration's lap...

Again...

This doesn't give Ryan's administration a free pass on their responsibility for not fixing the problem they were handed... and I hope they get their butts in gear... but I do find it strange that Bucci's contributions or lack there of - that are still causing the city grief - were and continue to be ignored by some folks.
Joe PA

Windsor, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

For seven years Ryan has looked out his Mayoral Office winnow and done nothing about it.

If you think the key to solving the problem is to blame the guy that was there ten years ago, that's up to you.

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

So there is no rational explanation as to why the Bucci administration - which created the problem - is being given a free pass by you.

Thank you for clarifying.
Andy Blick

Endicott, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

So you think because Bucci supposedly created the mess in 2004 or 2005, Matt Ryan is supposed to let it sit on the sidewalk across the street from city hall for seven years?

That's your defense of Ryan's failure?

Wow....

You are as pathetic as he is.

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Andy Blick wrote:
So you think because Bucci supposedly created the mess in 2004 or 2005, Matt Ryan is supposed to let it sit on the sidewalk across the street from city hall for seven years?
That's your defense of Ryan's failure?
Wow....
You are as pathetic as he is.
Yet again...

The issue isn't that anyone is saying that Ryan shouldn't be held accountable for not doing something about the issue... it is instead the fact that the OP / yourself posting comments here attributing it ONLY to Ryan's administration... that despite the fact that it is painfully clear from the article that was linked - that it originated and languished for a number of years under Bucci's watch...

It's also interesting to see that confronted with those facts... instead of an adult response from you... what we get is comments filled with juvenile name calling... which btw isn't going to sway anyone to your 'logic' or whatever you want to call it...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

I have a degree in North American Studies from a Canadian University which makes me an expert on everything!
Tru Datt

Windsor, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

You don't need to be much of an expert to seethe garbage piled evey week across from city hall.

I'd remind you the law suit being brought against the city of Binghamton is by a well-known and well-respected lawyer in town.

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Still want to know why this is presented and spammed by you... as only a Ryan issue when the prior administration / Bucci created it and let it sit for years prior to Ryan coming into office...

It's almost as though you couldn't care about the issue at hand... and instead are simply engaging in yet another of your little vendettas against a local politician you envy...

At least that's how I'm seeing it... and I'm guessing others see it the same way...

“If you're happy & you know it”

Since: Feb 13

clap your hands!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Spend a decade complaining and finally deciding they might do something about it... LOL. At the rate they're moving with their action it'll be another decade before they get the issue resolved.
Jake

Vestal, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

ShadyBits wrote:
Spend a decade complaining and finally deciding they might do something about it... LOL. At the rate they're moving with their action it'll be another decade before they get the issue resolved.
Now that's a really smart reply. don't mean to say soo..but will you please run for Mayor for Bingo Town? without taking the under table fund's.

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

This is really pretty insane...

I mean in another recent thread I mentioned that I had just noticed that the comments were numbered up to 60 but only 37 were showing... and that a large portion of the missing ones seemed to be some sort of response to my posts i.e. I would post and then the numbers would skip anywhere from 1 to 5 higher... as though someone were posting things in violation of the site TOS - and their were getting removed...

I thought it was just that particular thread... but I just took a glance at some of the other recent threads and the same sort of thing is showing up in those also...

The funny thing - as I mentioned before - would be if the person in question has been posting their normal nasty-grams aimed at me... and if they don't even realize their "contributions" to the different threads are automatically being blocked by IP / proxy address and no one else is actually seeing them...

Lol !!!
Rico

Czech Republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Who cares fruitcake ....

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Rico wrote:
Who cares fruitcake ....
Sounds like you're looking for one of the Christmas threads where we were talking about food...

Alas... this isn't one of them... but try a few pages back and you'll probably see what you're looking for...

Good luck !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Binghamton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Binghamton Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Binghamton People Search