Toy RC helicopters...
Michael

Elmira, NY

#1 Nov 21, 2012
So here is the deal...

The littlest one is turning 9 in about a month and one of his birthday requests was a remote control helicopter... and while see a LOT of things like that in various stores - I know a lot of them are total cr*p...

So the question is - does anyone know anything about them and any recommendations for a inexpensive one... I'm kind of leaning towards this one:

http://www.bananahobby.com/yellow-9101-rc-gyr...

Anyone know anything about that one or similar... or recommendations for something else in the same price range ?

Btw we have done some RC stuff before... but even so this isn't something I'm going to hand to him and let him go play with by himself... it will ( always ) be a supervised activity because of his age... so it / a recommended helicopter that is listed as a little bit "too old" for him is ok...

Thanks !
Geoff

Binghamton, NY

#2 Nov 21, 2012
I don't know anything about this one but it seems like a good deal.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-2ch-saturn-x-...
Jake

Vestal, NY

#3 Nov 21, 2012
I had a couple, they are very delicate and hard to fix without a microscope, active dogs need to be kept away and it take awhile to get use to the controls.
Jake

Vestal, NY

#4 Nov 21, 2012
Geoff wrote:
This one looks good to me, i'm going for it, i'll make sure the ceiling fan is off.
feltit

Endicott, NY

#5 Nov 22, 2012
Eflite MXCr2 is the best Local hobby shops carry all the parts very easy to fly but not outside or with animals all though i chase my cats with it
feltit

Endicott, NY

#6 Nov 23, 2012
Geoff wrote:
Geoff as usual you have no clue to what you are talking about. I have been flying airplanes, helicopters, and racing rc cars since 1982 The best beginner heli is the E Flight mxcr2 It can be found on Horizon.com for #119.00 do not go to the guy in the mall you can not get parts for them
Michael

Elmira, NY

#7 Nov 23, 2012
You're gonna think it was a dumb move but...

I ended up getting the next model / version up from Banana Hobby... with the deciding factor(s) being I got it for just a few dollars more than the lesser version I listed earlier... and after speaking with a friend of mine - it turns out he's donating his old one same version as a parts machine - since he has a crazy $400 acrobatic monstrosity he plays with now... and last but not least - I wanted something bigger than micro so we could use it outside and other reasons...

Other reasons involve Este's A size rocket engines... which might not be the best thing to launch inside the house... lol

I did look at the model you suggested though... and it does have fantastic reviews... so much so that I'm considering one as a Xmas present for myself... and though I don't have any pets to chase around with it - there are always the kids...:-)
Geoff

Binghamton, NY

#8 Nov 23, 2012
feltit wrote:
<quoted text>
Geoff as usual you have no clue to what you are talking about. I have been flying airplanes, helicopters, and racing rc cars since 1982 The best beginner heli is the E Flight mxcr2 It can be found on Horizon.com for #119.00 do not go to the guy in the mall you can not get parts for them
What part of "I don't know anything about this one.." did you not understand? And what do you mean 'as usual you have no clue to what you are talking about'?

Why don't you give us some examples. But this time, read what I wrote four or five times until you understand it completely. If you need any help with definitions of any of the words I wrote, let me know.
Michael

Elmira, NY

#9 Nov 23, 2012
Geoff

Binghamton, NY

#10 Nov 23, 2012
He started :-P
Michael

Elmira, NY

#11 Nov 23, 2012
Then how about this one:

:-P
Geoff

Binghamton, NY

#12 Nov 23, 2012
Michael

Elmira, NY

#13 Nov 23, 2012
Then you probably like stuff like this:

?!
Geoff

Binghamton, NY

#14 Nov 23, 2012
I never heard of them. But I'm old school. :-O
Michael

Elmira, NY

#15 Nov 23, 2012
Are you serious or did you figure out the joke I was trying to pull on ya...

If you don't understand... look up the band on wikipedia or something...

I'll get ya next time... lol !!!

:-P
Geoff

Binghamton, NY

#16 Nov 23, 2012
I was serious. Better luck next time :P

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Binghamton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is Jared Karahm? 15 hr IIIll 8
Another San Fran issue 15 hr IIIll 1
News Binghamton man charged in 2010 murder on Longa 17 hr Cletus 4
Mayor David Needs To Code Sweep His Own (Aug '15) 19 hr Jon jacob 10
Politicians live-in crazy girlfriends support g... Wed We stand by KN an... 1
This guy Wed Daveed 1
Hey tannehaus Tue Paralyzed Vet 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Binghamton Mortgages