Ray

Endicott, NY

#1 Dec 13, 2012
For me, nothing is worse than an underdone chicken wing. Even though I order wings welldone crispy, they seldom come that way. I don't really even want them crispy, I JUST WANT THEM COOKED! It's incredible how many places screw it up. I can name only a couple places that get it right and then it has to be on specific days of the week when certain servers and cooks are working. Comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Michael

Elmira, NY

#2 Dec 13, 2012
If you're ever over this way ( near Elmira )... try the wings at the Elbow Room...
Jake

Vestal, NY

#3 Dec 13, 2012
to cook wings without being crispy and cooked to being done, it has to be done in a oven or microwave.
Jack

Vienna, VA

#4 Dec 13, 2012
Jake wrote:
to cook wings without being crispy and cooked to being done, it has to be done in a oven or microwave.
The secret to making the best wings....precook them in the oven. Then you deep fry them for about 5-8 mins. Remove them, let them drain and cool a bit, and then you fry them again for 2 mins.

The meet is cooked and juicy, and the skin is crispy.
Jake

Vestal, NY

#5 Dec 13, 2012
Ray wrote:
For me, nothing is worse than an underdone chicken wing. Even though I order wings welldone crispy, they seldom come that way. I don't really even want them crispy, I JUST WANT THEM COOKED! It's incredible how many places screw it up. I can name only a couple places that get it right and then it has to be on specific days of the week when certain servers and cooks are working. Comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
did you write that you want them cooked welldone and crispy or not crispy, i'm confused.
Jake

Vestal, NY

#6 Dec 13, 2012
meteor showers was ok until the overcast came rolling in.

whats really good and easy to make when your at home is boneless chicken wings, just cut chicken into wing size, drop and roll into flower, fry in pan, then melt butter in your favorite hot sauce and dip.

This could be the year for the New York Knicks, and i'm not going to cross my fingers.
LOLz

Binghamton, NY

#7 Dec 14, 2012
Let me tell ya what if the Knicks do something this year worth watching I would be surprised.

As for wings, if you want them done right, you gotta do them yourself!
Jerry Garcia

Elmira, NY

#8 Dec 14, 2012
I was in Elmira yesterday but I never heard of the Elbow room. My choice for wings in the triple cites is the old Cosmos in J.C. They are open under a different name but the wings remain the same.
Michael

Elmira, NY

#9 Dec 14, 2012
You should give the ones at the Elbow Room a try next time you're down here... unless things have drastically changed over the past 12 months - they do have the best wings around here...

Speaking of trying new places...

What's the new name for the "old Cosmos in J.C."... maybe I can give them a try next time I'm over in that area...
Jake

Vestal, NY

#10 Dec 14, 2012
Heres a tip for take home wings, have the place put the hot sauce in those little cups and pour it on when you get home if you want to keep them crispy, i like kellys and the dugout.
Jerry Garcia

Elmira, NY

#11 Dec 15, 2012
The new name for the old Cosmos is "Corner Carryout". Not a very good name but most of the same workers returned after the flood and they use the old recipe for their wings.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Binghamton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
We pray and continue to protest 5 hr MillieP 19
Guess what 5 hr USMCvet68 4
Beastie Voice Account Suspended LOL 8 hr IB is in hell 7
Bill Clintin: Garner didn't deserve to die 21 hr USMCvet68 7
internal affairs investigates sicko cops 21 hr Vhy 7
Johnny Reb is a racist 21 hr Vhy 9
Anchor Sparano Walks Out on WICZ Fox 40 (Jun '14) 22 hr Reality 7
Binghamton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web