Does Binghamton Really Need 3 Gay Bars?

Posted in the Binghamton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Brakeman

Montour Falls, NY

#1 Oct 24, 2011
I do not understand why are little downtown has 3 gay bars. Do we really have that many homes here? I coups se one, perhaps two, but three! They must be coming here from NYC. I do not think that a real man would go to these establishments. Looks like Binghamton has gone queer.
Lavanka

Montour Falls, NY

#2 Oct 25, 2011
Like a Hollywood movie set, they are trying to create an illusion of a big gay "scene". It is really the same group of people that go to these clubs. Again, it is mostly pretend.
Mama Knows Best

Montour Falls, NY

#3 Oct 25, 2011
These young men are wasting their lives with these wild pursuits.
Bethany

Montour Falls, NY

#4 Oct 27, 2011
I feel for the younger boys, the older men use them. They get hooked into the fast lane and it does not end well for them. Hardly, a gay old time.
Innocent

Montour Falls, NY

#5 Oct 30, 2011
No, not even one.
RENE

Endicott, NY

#6 Nov 3, 2011
I think i would prefer to have 3 gay bars in my neighborhood than you hateful people.
Sad

Montour Falls, NY

#7 Dec 19, 2011
This is really sad. We have really fallen.
Areyouforreal

Binghamton, NY

#8 Jan 31, 2013
Don't like gay bars? Don't go in. Simples
Jack

Vienna, VA

#9 Feb 2, 2013
The free market will determine if Binghamton needs 3 gay bars. If all three are profitable businesses, then the answer is yes. If they aren't profitable, then no. Simple as that.
Karl

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#10 Feb 5, 2013
Yeah. From an economic standpoint gay couples tend to be dual income and no kids. They have more disposable income, often are successful professionals, and in one study down here in FL, they spend 2x more than straight travelers. From a cultural standpoint, Bingo needs the arts, and social atmosphere, and energy that the gays provide. Most of the best thriving small towns also have a thriving gay community. Make some money, have fun, pay taxes and fees, build up the community, and don't bother anyone?-welcome, welcome, welcome...
Jake

Vestal, NY

#11 Feb 5, 2013
I'm hearing a lot about the boy scouts letting gay boys join, this is going to be a long and carried out story for world new's day in and day out, why don't we hear about the girl scouts doing the same, strange isn't it.
Michael

Elmira, NY

#12 Feb 5, 2013
It looks like the Boy Scouts may very well get rid of their national policy against gay members... by pushing the decision down to the local / troop level...

Personally I think that is a step in the right direction but it will cause some issues... e.g. imagine a gay teen member that belongs to a troop where the local policy says their membership is ok... then his family moves to a new area and the troop(s) around there say no gay people allowed...

Btw Jake...

The reason you don't hear about the Girl Scouts changing their policy is quite simply... it was all the way back in the early 90's that they made public their non-discrimination policy... that is to say - what they did 20 years ago is what the Boy Scouts are just getting started on...
Mystery Lady

Endicott, NY

#13 Feb 5, 2013
Karl wrote:
Yeah. From an economic standpoint gay couples tend to be dual income and no kids. They have more disposable income, often are successful professionals, and in one study down here in FL, they spend 2x more than straight travelers. From a cultural standpoint, Bingo needs the arts, and social atmosphere, and energy that the gays provide. Most of the best thriving small towns also have a thriving gay community. Make some money, have fun, pay taxes and fees, build up the community, and don't bother anyone?-welcome, welcome, welcome...

A thriving STD rate, Perhaps.
Binghamton needs more children.
Income comes and goes,
Families last a life time.
Gays and Lesbians do not spend any more money than families.They just spend more of it on sex with no reproduction.
Sodomy is not good for the economy.
Up with families.
The worst straight
single parents in the world are better than gay ones.
Jack

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Feb 6, 2013
Mystery Lady wrote:
<quoted text>.
Income comes and goes,
Gays and Lesbians do not spend any more money than families.They just spend more of it on sex with no reproduction.
Up with families.
The worst straight
Kerri G now a homophobe? Me thinks that maybe Josh left her for a dude.
LOLz

Binghamton, NY

#15 Feb 6, 2013
Mystery Lady wrote:
<quoted text>.
Income comes and goes,
Up with families.
The worst straight
Yeah, just what Binghamton needs. More welfare slubs like you popping out kids. That's real great for the economy. People who don't work, earn nothing, suck up tax dollars better used elsewhere and have no money to spend.
Mystery Lady

Endicott, NY

#16 Feb 6, 2013
Your tax dollars? Do you want a future? Get off your judgmental horse and open up and give.
Jack

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Feb 6, 2013
Mystery Lady wrote:
Your tax dollars? Do you want a future? Get off your judgmental horse and open up and give.
Maybe we would be more willing to open up and give as you say...if you would be willing to keep your legs closed.
LOLz

Binghamton, NY

#18 Feb 6, 2013
Kerri, how about you get a job and contribute yourself for once instead of being such a leach? You know for once YOU give instead of take? Or do you plan on just taking your whole life without ever contributing anything to your own welfare?
Mystery Lady

Endicott, NY

#19 Feb 6, 2013
I think the question should be. Why do you want to hoard? Let go of your attachments in order that the less fortunate may have some scraps. If you gave all along, you would not be so stingy now. So give with joy,We will thank you.
LOLz

Binghamton, NY

#20 Feb 7, 2013
No, Kerri you wont thank anyone. You wouldn't even meet the person at Target this past winter who volunteered to pay for your christmas gifts to thank them. You just wanted them to pay for your stuff without giving thanks.

What you will do, is continue to be a drain on society. It has nothing to do with hoarding, I do my fair share of sharing but there's only so much one can give without feeling taken advantage of.

Unfortunately there will always be people out there like you that feel you have the right to take take take and never give.

Don't sit here preaching to me about giving, I give. Look in the mirror, "Mystery Lady", and ask yourself what have YOU given?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Binghamton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm sorry 37 min Jethro 2
Go away mets just go away 41 min Jethro 4
God grant me the serenity 3 hr Jethro 2
Mayor David Campaign Contributors To Review BPD 19 hr Fix is out 6
DA says Fri MB the Thug 7
District Attorney Mollen is up for re-election Fri conklincoltTimmy 4
Lil z remains suspended Fri conklincoltTimmy 7
More from around the web

Binghamton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE