Apt recommendations for Endicott area...

Apt recommendations for Endicott area...

Posted in the Binghamton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Michael

Painted Post, NY

#1 Mar 12, 2013
I've had a couple of emails concerning doing some contract work over in the Endicott area...

It's all in the talk stage right now but if I were to take one of them... its a bit far for me to drive each day i.e. an hour driving each way... which means I would want to get an apartment in the area to us during the week...

So with that in mind...

Do anyone have any recommendations for places that are decent and would do 6 month leases... just a studio or small 1 bedroom would be fine - furnished would be great... even a long term stay type hotel with kitchenette would work if the price is decent e.g. during my work in Ohio the place I was staying was able to knock off the various hotel taxes are the first 30 days - which cut the cost in half...

Any help / ideas would be appreciated... I'm just trying to get a handle on the cost(s) so I can figure out what I would need to charge to cover my expenses...

Thanks !
Jack

Vienna, VA

#2 Mar 12, 2013
Where in endicott will you be working? Off the top of my head I wold say look into chase summit apts on Glendale rd. they may take a 6 mo lease. I would stay away from any of the apts on main st in union, or in the neighborhood around the middle school and Kmart plaza. That neighborhood is getting sketchy
Michael

Painted Post, NY

#3 Mar 12, 2013
Thanks for the heads up... I will probably be up that way in a few days and might have a chance to check out Summit...

Btw...

If you hadn't caught the posts before... in addition to the sociopath Arzouian posting the names of and threatening to show up at my client locations last year... about 2 years prior to his threats I had some of the psychopaths from the area hate group do something similar - then actually show up at one of my work places / client offices...

In other words and to be as blunt as possible... I'm not going to post information like a client name that could potentially endanger others because there are mentally ill people that have fixated on me.
Michael

Painted Post, NY

#5 Mar 12, 2013
The real Kerri G wrote:
I can let you crash at a Occupy apartment on Washington Ave, sofa only, no bed. 4 others as room mates, No charge,
Says the person that has had 2 ( more ?) threads removed due to his statements that he wanted to castrate others...

Btw...

I don't know about anyone else but I did send an email this evening and clue in the Occupy Wall Street folks that you've been falsely presenting yourself as one of their official representatives... and while I'm not 100% certain what their response with be - if any... I'm guessing they aren't going to be amused with your nonsense...

I mean... wouldn't it be interesting if some of the folks in Anonymous tracked you down for them - since you do know that the two groups do have ties... and dispensed some of their home grown justice on your sick self ?

Something to think about...
Michael

Painted Post, NY

#8 Mar 12, 2013
Actually OWS was started originally by a handful of people... so there is a core group...

Also... one of those founders, I would guess with the help of other folks, has and does maintain the website at:

http://occupywallst.org/

That site includes various means of contact with those folks... and it was to one of those addresses that I sent the email notifying them of your claims that you had been voted etc. to various positions within the OWS movement...

To make sure there was no confusion... I even provided them the URL to one of your threads where you make such a claim ( one that hasn't been removed yet )...

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/binghamton-ny...

Just a thought...

If you're actually now admitting that your association with OWS were complete fabrications including claims of being a local leader voted in by other members... why don't you go to that thread and post an apology... admit you were lying and that at best your intent was / is to put them in a bad light e.g. your attempt in various threads to portray the members of the group as a bunch of homophobes with violent tendencies...

I mean why not... since you - again - pretty much already admitted up there that you were lying about your association with them... so why not do the right thing and do it right ?
Michael

Painted Post, NY

#11 Mar 12, 2013
The real Kerri G wrote:
I am sorry but you threatening other users... and you trying to solicit funds from others based on fictitious illness... or claiming that you were "voted" local leader of OWS and presenting them at best as a bunch of bigots, thieves and so forth... and the vast majority of the rest of the behavior we have seen from you on this site...

It is NOT amusing and as has been pointed out to you by others... is actually in some cases criminal behavior...

Also...

As for your claims that other people are attacking you on this site... all anyone has to do is go through the pages on this site to see your dozens of nasty threads about me - and that's only counting the ones you explicitly name me in the title and not the many others aimed directly or indirectly at me... mostly focusing on the nastiest type of bigotry / homophobia I've ever seen...

So what exactly are you prattling on about now and what was your intent... other than letting me highlight that fact and letting other people go through and verify what I just said ?
Michael

Painted Post, NY

#13 Mar 12, 2013
The real Kerri G wrote:
Michael, were those Crazy Eddie commercials on SNL really commercials?
Was there really a Alfred E Neuman?
What will become of the Simpsons?
And the other Cartoon Shows....They are so offensive they should be reported and banned.
Feel free to show where I have had my name mentioned in any of those cartoons / comics / whatever along with the statement that they think I should, among other things, be castrated...

The difficulty is even more than that... because it can't just be one episode... but all of them week after week filled with slanderous / derogatory statements about me - by name...

See...

That's where your little rationalization falls apart... as there is a big difference between a show / person / whatever doing a political satire about something in society... and what you've been doing which has been to make constant libelous and even threatening statements about / aimed at me.... for months upon months now...
Defame the mentally Ill.
I don't know if you realize it but that's the second time you've written something like that - in that fashion... and the only way I'm interpreting it is that you are admitting that you suffer from a mental illness and that is the reason for your sociopathic behavior...

With that in mind... you do understand how someone could consider your a threat after making such an admission... and in light of the dozens of threads and hundreds of comments you've made about them... as you've done to me...

Or is that the problem and you've actually convinced yourself that your behavior is supposedly normal ?!
Michael

Painted Post, NY

#15 Mar 12, 2013
The real Kerri G wrote:
How many Michael's are there in the world?
There really is something horribly wrong with you...

I mean seriously...

Your rationalization is now that your dozens of threads about the user Michael on this site... is supposedly about some other Michael and not me... on that evidently also lives in Elmira and is gay and was stalked by Arzouian - especially when / after he sided with the hate group on the Gannett sites and so on and so forth...

Wow.

“If you're happy & you know it”

Since: Feb 13

clap your hands!

#17 Mar 13, 2013
LMAO! Now she's writing a fantasy novel. She can't put two sentances together coherently and now she's writing a book! I just about spit my coffee out through my nose laughing at that.

clap your hands!

#18 Mar 13, 2013
The real Kerri G wrote:
Your long running dispute with your Internet buddy Ed From Montreal is none of my business, All I know about it is what your posted about it on public forums. As you always said: If you want privacy, do not post it in a public forum.
Again, I have no idea who you are, and do not want to know, You troll the Internet with various screen names and locations starting or jumping into controversies. Then you claim you are offended in some way and complain to moderators and other posters. What is odd you complain about comments about your sub-culture and lifestyle. While you bash other vulnerable populations like the mentally ill.
You also promote pills as a solution to ordinary life problems. There are those of us who are opposed to mind-altering pills on both religious and medical grounds. I do not tell you what you can out into your body, but you always order me to take medication, Even though you hood no professional license.
Anyway, I hope you find more to do than troll the Internet.
1) You constantly bring up Ed when posting about Michael.
2) You are the one who trolls the board under various names and starting controversy.
3) You are the one who comes here and talks drugs. Looking for pain pills or accusing people of growing pot.
4) You have posted more than one time about Michael's toilet habits and castration etc. So yes, you do tell him what to do with his body.
5) The only person Michael has "bashed" is you and frankly, he hasn't even done that. What he has done is fight back and put you in your place using the facts as presented.
6) Everyone on this board agrees you need medication.
Michael

Painted Post, NY

#19 Mar 13, 2013
Well people - wish me luck !

I just did a phone interview with a company that does the organization's staffing and it seemed to have gone well enough and I'm just waiting to hear back from them now...

The only downside is I really low balled my rate so I'll be getting about half of what I would normally pull in on a longer contract...

I'm not complaining though as if I get it - I'll be close enough to the house to get here every weekend and even during the week off and on if I want... and that is a good thing and worth it to me... because it means there won't be any problem getting the munchkins to their little league, soccer and track events... something I was worried I was going to have to tell them wasn't possible this year...

So again everyone... think happy thoughts for me !!!

clap your hands!

#22 Mar 14, 2013
Fingers crossed for ya!

“Words are words are words.”

Since: Mar 13

Earth

#23 Mar 16, 2013
So I received a reply from one of the jobs...

I'm sitting here getting all excited as it's been sent on a Saturday night and it's not from their HR folks... but instead from a member of the company's ( way ) upper tier management...

WOW !!!

He goes on about how they have never had a candidate apply that had worked for so many well known companies before... he mentions that they had actually contacted my references and they were all good... and they contacted other companies I had worked for and verified that I had actually been offered positions by them... and turned them down because I wanted to stay in THIS area...

WOW !!!

Then he goes on about how any company would be lucky to have me... and how much they know I could contribute to their projects... and how under "other circumstances" they have a project lead position that I would be perfect for...

HUH ??!

He then goes on in the next paragraph to say that HR dug up some stuff... evidently online and / or through police reports - not clear but could have been either or both... that I had been targeted by the local hate group and other "unstable" individuals ( wanna guess who I think that was when you read the next line )... that had "threatened the well-being" of myself, my family and those I worked with... and that despite everything else -they could not hire me due to "concern for the health and safety" of those I work with...

On a positive note I still have one more contract I am waiting on so I guess I will just wait and see... worse case is that others have the same concerns and I end up going to the west for a nice fat contract... or just stay here and work odds and ends so I'm there for the kids at their baseball and soccer and track events...

I think I will do the latter... we'll wrap up for summer and have fun together... then if the same attitudes prevail - then I'll travel and make the year's money during the winter...

BUT...

I am sitting here amazed... that large companies are so afraid of a handful of local mentally ill and criminal folks... because quite bluntly - most normal places don't send the potentially good employees away out of fear... they call the police and get the criminals that harass them sent to jail and the mentally ill that doe the same sent for treatment...

What makes it even crazier is that the folks they are afraid of... are the same ones that spam endlessly online e.tg. on this forum... about how horrible the area is and how they think they are somehow improving things by threatening others ?!

Oh and this is the 3rd time this has happened.

P.S. I did reply and mentioned I realized I was sent the notification as a personal favor... and asked if I scrubbed it of all identifying marks - if I could post it here...

I will wait and see... but I will give them kudos for explaining their rationalization to me and where it came from... the thing is that even if I don't agree with it - I am kind of bound - at this point - due to signed non-disclosure agreements against showing why / what companies are leaving the area due to a handful of nutcases.

Earth

#24 Mar 16, 2013
Oh and this is Michael...

I finally broke down and registered a name / id for the site on your ( LOLz ) lead...

:-)

Earth

#27 Mar 17, 2013
Just an update on this one / something I noticed this afternoon...

I made an error and it turns out the email from the VP was from a company that did have HR previously contact me...

So it was a "rejection" letter / email from HR and then he followed up with an explanation because he felt I deserved one...

I am still waiting for a response about my request to sanitize it so the company isn't identifiable... then to post it so folks can see what the big companies in the area thing of certain people / groups here... and part of the reason they're leaving our area...

clap your hands!

#28 Mar 18, 2013
OMG. Michael I am so sorry to hear (read) that. That is so effed up. No one should NOT hire you based on the fact that some sick individual is messing with you. That only makes their messing with you more worth while because they are preventing you from obtaining gainful employment. That's just so messed up on so many levels.

Earth

#31 Mar 18, 2013
To a degree I can't really find them 100% at fault for being concerned... because what they're concerned about has happened already...

I'm not sure but I think you saw / are aware of the Arzouian posts here listing what he thought were the names of may family members... that was after previously having threatened to harass them by phone and email and and fax and even in person...

That's just part of it...

On the Gannett site he had done the same with the names and locations of my business clients... and at one point during the holidays before last - on BCVoice he was online posting the status of the lights in my house in Elmira and remember - he lives up by you folks i.e. that would be a hour and a half round trip drive...

Then there was the area hate group...

After threatening me online and me being one of the few gay people that they did that to around here - that didn't go into hiding or move out of town... they decided to pretty much target me exclusively... even going so far as to have some of their members hide and follow me and the boys around to the local playground / park when I took them out... to take pictures and stuff of us and brag about their stalking and other stuff they were doing in various forums...

Heck... they even had some of their friends / members get up on a Corning facility when I was contracting there... then went I went outside - start yelling at me stuff like "lets have a gay bashing"...

So yeah...

The point being that a lot of folks are aware of these and other items... so while I disagree with a company bowing down to people like those above... I can certainly understand why their HR section / lawyers would be concerned for the safety and well being of their employees...

P.S. Hopefully this isn't a duplicate... did a post and doesn't look like it took... so waited a few minutes and trying again.

Earth

#33 Mar 19, 2013
So this section is a bit quiet today so I figure I'll just post an update here:

There is no update for the Endicott contract gig yet.

:-P

With that out of the way - something kind of embarrassing happened today with another resume I sent out today... that one being for a job doing more of a backend web developer type thing...

Good news being they got back to me in a couple of hours and asked for some example of work... no problem I think... so I start pulling up web sites for companies I had done interface work for to send links to them...

It turns out...

Out of 9 companies I can think of... either they have gone out of business / been absorbed... or they have simply done updating to newer technologies so my stuff is no longer there... and 1 when I asked - referred me to the NDA since it's still an internal project...

So right now I have a massive amount of egg on the ole face... and had to write back trying to explain the situation and to tell them I'll keep looking and maybe - though it's looking pretty grim right now - I can find something I can point them to...

You know...

At first I was kind of upset about it all i.e. not being able to find any of that sort of work I've done publicly available... but I thought about it and realized that for most web sites / interface work / similar... it's uncommon for a lot of sites to NOT have a revamp every year or so... so right now I am kind of laughing at myself and kicking myself in the butt for the fact that it didn't dawn on me until after I sent the resume / got the response...

I guess all that is left to say is - learned and noted for future reference - lol !

;-)
wtf

Mesa, AZ

#36 Mar 26, 2013
Uh back to the topic -
Summit Chase is an overpriced ghetto run by crooks.
The same goes for EVERY other apartment complex in Endicott. You best bet is to check craigslist and the press for private landlords, and inspect the apts/houses personally.

Earth

#37 Mar 26, 2013
That's one nice thing about the gig if I am offered and take it... it is close enough that I can drive over and personally look at places before I decide and that is exactly what I plan on doing...

Right now it's all up in the air anyway...

I'm still talking to the folks and actually have a meeting with them tomorrow... and will be taking a look at a few of the places then...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Binghamton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
breaking news ! 7 hr Mr Tibbs 7
Good For them 10 hr Wizard of Id 6
Rick Miller (Oct '14) 10 hr nyb 10
Something very strange going on in Minneapolis 12 hr 106 8IT khazar 3
Video Shows White Ohio Police Officer Punching ... 16 hr The Thinker 3
trump meltdown 18 hr The Thinker 3
Garo doesn't like Uber Aug 12 nyb 12

Binghamton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance