Wayne Lapeter

Endicott, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Matthew T. Ryan the public defender whose job (at taxpayer expense) for years and years was to put petty, destitute criminals back on the streets as fast as he could, the mayor who through his lack of or misguided priorities and disdain for law and law enforcement, saw the violent crime rate in the City of Binghamton rise 50% since he took office is calling on Congress for gun control!!!!

This is the same misguided flake who not only put a known felon on a neighborhood watch group but he also used taxpayer dollars to send the guy to Albany for a public security conference.

Ryan has ZERO credibility when it comes to law and order and public security.

His tenure as mayor has increased the danger for residents of Binghamton.

Once again he waste time on national issues to deflect attention from his own backyard which he has allowed to fill with crap.

What a hypocrite and failure this putz is.

He cannot be gone soon enough from public office.

“Words are words are words.”

Since: Mar 13

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Wayne Lapeter wrote:
Matthew T. Ryan the public defender whose job (at taxpayer expense) for years and years was to put petty, destitute
* In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Now would you mind explaining why you hate someone for working as outlined in the U.S. Constitution / 6th Amendment so much... or is it just a general hatred for the U.S.A. and the protections provided to it's citizens that you so despise ?

Seriously...

That's the only thing I am taking away from reading your post... and I personally - though you are entitled to your own opinion - find your disdain for our country and Constitution despicable...
Joe Lunchbox

Windsor, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

I guess you are missing his point.

A public defender is not going to be your best bet if you want law & order and public safety.

Their job is to put destitute career criminals back on the street as fast as possible.

So if a public defender complains about about public safety is hard to take him seriously.

I find a turnstile judicial system despicable
Oy Vey

Binghamton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Joe Lunchbox wrote:
A public defender is not going to be your best bet if you want law & order and public safety.
Their job is to put destitute career criminals back on the street as fast as possible.
So if a public defender complains about about public safety is hard to take him seriously.
I find a turnstile judicial system despicable
That might be the way it works in Canada Ed Arzouian, but not here.

The only thing you ever post are complaints about everything here.

Why don't you move back to Canada or are you 'not allowed'?

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Joe Lunchbox wrote:
Hold on...

The mantra we've been hearing from you has been that Ryan - in your opinion - is and has been horrible at everything he has ever done...

With that in mind...

If you were also correct with the statement that he only represented career criminals as a public defender - a claim which by the way has not been substantiated... the him supposedly being so bad at things would have resulted in a significant portion of them going to prison... making the city and surrounding area safer...

Or are you now saying he was a good lawyer and so forth... and all your prior claims and statements to the contrary were actually falsehoods ?

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Btw and just a small lesson on how our system works here in the USA...

It is the police force / sheriff's department / etc. that makes the arrest and files the paperwork... and is responsible for doing it correctly...

It then is the District Attorney's / similar office and their lawyers that decide if charges will be carried... and it is on their heads as to what deals will and will not be offered and or accepted...

If a case is taken to trial or even - if I understand correctly under a plea deal ( local still needs a judge's approval for a plea deal - right ?)- it is the court i.e. either a judge or a jury that makes the final determination as to whether the defendant is either innocent or guilty...

Finally we have the defense attorney... be it a privately retained lawyer or a public defender... who then accepts or declines any offers being made by the above folks... he / she may even put forth offers of their own on the behalf of the defendant... but even then it is the DA / similar that makes the final call on whether it will be accepted or not...

With all that in mind...

In my opinion it seems a specious argument to claim that the job of any public defender is to let criminals - career or otherwise - go free... because as we can plainly see they are the individual(s) with the LEAST amount of say in the matter...

The more ya know... huh ?
Wayne Lapeter

Endicott, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Specious or not, here's the argument
Wayne Lapeter wrote:
Matthew T. Ryan the public defender whose job (at taxpayer expense) for years and years was to put petty, destitute criminals back on the streets as fast as he could, the mayor who through his lack of or misguided priorities and disdain for law and law enforcement, saw the violent crime rate in the City of Binghamton rise 50% since he took office is calling on Congress for gun control!!!!

This is the same misguided flake who not only put a known felon on a neighborhood watch group but he also used taxpayer dollars to send the guy to Albany for a public security conference.

His tenure as mayor has increased the danger for residents of Binghamton.

Once again he waste time on national issues to deflect attention from his own backyard which he has allowed to fill with crap.
What a hypocrite and failure this putz is.

He cannot be gone soon enough from public office.

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

That is correct... that was your "argument"...

The problem is that it has been shown to be faulty on pretty much every level... all the way down to you not understanding simple things such as - it's the DA / judges that decide whether a person accused of a crime will be allowed to plea out or if they will go to trial under a judge or jury to be found guilty or innocent...

Are you from the USA or some other country... and the reason I ask is that most adult in the USA understand how that works... so I'm kind of surprise by your obvious confusion and lack of basic knowledge regarding our legal system...
Tru Datt

Windsor, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Wow, Vallum just keep missing the point(s).

It does not have to do with DA and judges. It has to do with Mayor Matthew Ryan, who never made public security a priority of his administration.

Keep in mind Matt Ryan is a guy who was convicted of "Failure to obey" which he pleaded guilty to after leading Vestal police on a high speed chase through town. Ryan took a plea himself to avoid a worse "Resisting Arrest" conviction.

This is the same guy that twice had police respond to 911 calls to his house because he was abusing his tenant.

Ok, for those Ryanistas who deny everything, here are more facts you can lie about:

Case #13972
06/06/97
Ryan verbally abuses Robin E. Meyerhof 30-years old woman at the time (40 now) and illegally enters her apartment at his mother home to attempt to illegally evict her.
Binghamton Police involved SGT. Hendrickson, Ryan states to police “he would use all the legal means at his disposal to make her (Meyerhoff’s) life miserable before leaving (the apartment).”

Case number 14172
06/08/97
Same deal, twice in three days Ryan removed from his tenant’s apartment by police.
Binghamton Police involved: D. Chamberliss shield #143

Case #03-33821
11/08/03 time: 21:11h.(9:11pm)
Ryan harasses and shoves Elizabeth Brightwell at Star Dry Cleaners Laundromat. She was 48-year old at the time. Ryan was 52-years old.(How does a 52-year old lawyer not have a washer & dryer in his home. Two years later he is elected Mayor! God Bless America where anything is possible.).

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Tru Datt wrote:
Wow, Vallum just keep missing the point(s).
It does not have to do with DA and judges. It has to do with Mayor Matthew Ryan, who never made public security a priority of his administration.
Your claim was that Public Defenders - those upholding part of our Constitution... only work to put "petty, destitute criminals back on the streets as fast as he could"

The reality is - as already shown to you due to you being unfamiliar as to how our system works here in the USA... is that it is the DA and judges that have the power to put any criminal back on the street...
Tru Datt

Windsor, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

My claim is that Matt Ryan is more of a threat to public security than guns.

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Tru Datt wrote:
My claim is that Matt Ryan is more of a threat to public security than guns.
NO...

You claim was that Public Defenders - those upholding part of our Constitution... only work to put "petty, destitute criminals back on the streets as fast as he could"...

Shame on you...

Also and for your sake - I hope you don't get yourself in trouble with the law again and end up having to avail yourself of one... because if those who work as Public Defenders in our area read that opinion of yours about them... I have a feeling that you won't be getting off with a restraining order again...

Something to think about before you start insulting an entire profession.
broomeundergroun d

Binghamton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Actually it is amazing that the local police and DA's office have so much time on their hands that they can even bother with petty criminals and the crimes of the destitute. Certainly when there are so many far greater crimes being openly committed with impunity by those in high executive positions along with the sanctions of corrupt politicians who are on their dole. Take the high crimes committed by the rich executives of BAE Industries and HSBC Bank who have at least one common denominator.
A lady by the name of Linda Hudson who is the CEO and COO of BAE Industries and on the Board of Directors of HSBC. BAE was charged with deliberately selling weaponry to our alleged enemies and HSBC was charged and convicted of money laundering for the drug cartels of Mexico along with making monitory exchanges with Iran. Oh, both corporations paid some miniscule fine which allowed no executive to be prosecuted much less spend a night in jail. Because when you are that powerful and surround yourself with public servants drunk on that much corruption; it's easy to walk away with unimaginable amounts of money to reward executives and stock holders with while children of the destitute, who were starved in their youth, are now encouraged to make a choice between going to jail or becoming a trained killer by risking their lives for virtually pennies in wars they have no vested interest in.
But absolutely, every adult male should have an assault rifle and carry it with them at all times so that if they ever come across an 8 year old daughter of the destitute stealing candy they can do the right thing and bring her in. Dead or alive.

http://broomeunderground.com/

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Ummmm...

BAE Industries does welding and stuff of that nature... and I think the company you meant was BAE Systems...

Funny part of that is if you look in the forum you'll notice me talking about trying to pick up a contract or two around the Binghamton area... and BAE Systems was one of the companies...

But don't yell at me... my last meeting with them I was told that there were two jobs / slots I could fill... but the intermediary I have to use kind of went mostly dark / contradictory information... so it looks like I'll probably end up grabbing something else...
Jake

Vestal, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

For the fun of it a all. Robotics from hard and software is to make it and break it. It didn't come from me!

Since: Apr 13

Binghamton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Vallum wrote:
Ummmm...
BAE Industries does welding and stuff of that nature... and I think the company you meant was BAE Systems...
Funny part of that is if you look in the forum you'll notice me talking about trying to pick up a contract or two around the Binghamton area... and BAE Systems was one of the companies...
But don't yell at me... my last meeting with them I was told that there were two jobs / slots I could fill... but the intermediary I have to use kind of went mostly dark / contradictory information... so it looks like I'll probably end up grabbing something else...
Vallum,
You are absolutely correct. BAE Systems is what I meant. They are the biggest recipient of unconscionably lucrative defense contracts in this area. However, just for the record, between 2000 and 2011 over $1,159,566,202 in Federal pork barrel money was awarded to just 118 firms locally. Of course it is that kind of unimaginable wealth that would allow for so much graft and corruption of incomprehensible proportions to take place and virtually with out fear of any kind of reprisals.

BTW, BAE Systems isn't even an American owned company. Their head office is located in England where every sale they make to God fearing America from a bullet to a war plane fills the bank accounts and coffers of those whose real God is money. And let's not forget that they also have a factory in Saudi Arabia which is almost twice the size of the one at the Huron Campus.

You all must remember Saudi Arabia. The country where most of the hijackers came from. And no doubt utilizing that BAE System's plant there to siphon off weapons systems from our terrorists into the hands of the other side of terrorism.

http://www.governmentcontractswon.com/departm...

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

I can certainly understand your concern about how much time / resources / etc. we spend as a country or let's be honest - race - on creating and manufacturing such things...

Having said that though...

The main person I spoke with at BAE Systems seemed pretty well ground and a decent guy... and as for myself - while I would shy away from offensive weapon systems... I have no problem working on the defensive side of things...

what can I say...
Jake

Vestal, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Wow..a Vendor is located as to being a high end part of a popular government system of defence under the same name and in other locations? Oh no.

Since: Apr 13

Binghamton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Vallum wrote:
I can certainly understand your concern about how much time / resources / etc. we spend as a country or let's be honest - race - on creating and manufacturing such things...
Having said that though...
The main person I spoke with at BAE Systems seemed pretty well ground and a decent guy... and as for myself - while I would shy away from offensive weapon systems... I have no problem working on the defensive side of things...
what can I say...
$1,159,566,202 divided by 172,907(approximate number of deaths in Iraq between 2003 to 2012)= cost $6706.29 per death. An amount probably several times what the average Iraq earns in a year.

The actual number of civilian deaths, which are most of them out of that number, is between 110,937–121,227.

If you want to throw in the number of Kurdish deaths that the United States assured would happen by giving Saddam the poison gas he used on the Kurds you can add in the deaths of several thousand more children and few more than that number of adult deaths. Which of course would make for a much cheaper and more efficient death count.

Then factor in the unknown number of children born with defects due to BAE Systems production of shells coated in depleted uranium that were used in Iraq. I have no doubt what so ever then that given the half life of the DU element, which is 4,500,000,000 years and which is literally blowing in the wind over there, it is going to make for an awful lot of fathers, sons, brothers and extended other family members who are not "decent" by any stretch of the imagination. And who have come to the conclusion, which is quite logical given what they see all about them, that America's war crimes make the injustices of Sharia Law pale by comparison.

After all, Iraq as is the United States, of course have each gotten better since our invasion of it looking for "weapons"(Right, theirs are always offensive while ours are always defensive. WTF?) of mass destruction which were never there. Weapons which only a Nation of inherent evil could never have enough of and which we piss away untold amounts of energy and debased intelligence on to produce. All that while people sleep in the streets and County Governments go after "welfare cheats" who fail to disclose a pathetic few hours working for minimum wage and "Christians" specifically seem to never be able to have enough assault rifles.

I can not remember how many of the profoundly retarded I have worked with but I swear none of them could ever reach the state of mind it must take to have such a level of stupid arrogance that would even attempt to justify this insane military madness.

Or to put it another much more despondent way, "One death is murder. A million deaths is National policy."

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Didn't BAE Systems get out of the DU business quite some time ago - somewhere around 2003...?

I believe the primary and current producers are and have been Alliant, Aerojet and General Dynamics for quite some time now... and - imho - if you want to raise awareness on DU round production and use - those companies are probably the ones you should be focusing on...

Again and to put my posts in perspective...

I just spent weeks trying to secure a contract with them i.e. BAE Systems... only to get a nonsensical non-answer from them / the external facing contract house they use... so if anyone were going to jump on the bandwagon with you - it would be me... but you're bringing up things that it seems haven't really been part of their business for years now...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Binghamton Forum right now

Search the Binghamton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Does Tom Libous control the Broome Independence... 1 hr Gabriel13901 1
One Million Casino App Fee 5 hr Social Justice Now 4
Brittany Gates (Oct '09) 7 hr Brittney 9
Why does Bijoy Datta lie? (Aug '12) 7 hr Gabriel13901 22
BCV hilarious FOIL requests 7 hr Gabriel13901 2
STOVALL DUMPED from Press & Sun-Bulletin (Sep '13) 8 hr Gabriel13901 24
BCV to topple BPD Chief 8 hr SFAHA 3
•••

Fire Warning for Broome County was issued at April 23 at 7:14PM EDT