Bed Bugs Plague Binghamton Housing Au...
jake

Lawrenceville, PA

#24 Feb 18, 2012
Anna wrote:
Rich can afford Tempur Pedic. And Maids. It is time that these poor people got some of that. Many of these people worked hard all their lives. They are entitled to good homes. You people should be ashamed of your intolerance and bigotry. I am getting fed up with responding to your nonsense. You do not like the poor. Your greedy and selfish. I accept the truth about you. Please do not justify it.
anna anna anna. you are not responding to are comment's, how can you call common sense nonsense? I dont think your reading all the post or maybe you just don't understand them. you are so full of hate and so uncool.
Peace and Justic

Bath, NY

#25 Feb 19, 2012
The BhA just got approval for 800 thousand dollar grant from HUD. They now have the funds to eliminate this terrible plague.
Tyrone

Corning, NY

#26 Feb 19, 2012
Better they should use the money to relocate the welfare freaks out of state!
Jack

Vienna, VA

#27 Feb 19, 2012
The bugs will be eradicated and then they will return. Behavior breeds them, not poverty. The same girl infected my daughters school 3 times with head lice. Bad sanitation and hygiene is the problem, until the BHA is willing to address the culprits responsible for the infestation, the rest of the responsible residents will suffer.
jake

Lawrenceville, PA

#28 Feb 19, 2012
if a person can see a bed bug then they have a serious problem, best thing to do is buy a new mattress and use a bed bug cover for your new pad and throw away and buy new pillows every 4 to 6 month's, clean you sheet's in hot water and use hot heat to dry, vaccum you carpet's twice a week, it's best to have ceramic and hardwood floor's with just a few throw rug's here and there, like i do in my home, these idea's work for dustmites too, practice good hygiene and prevent the bug's from biteing you when you sleep. oh ,you add this to the prevention of lice too.
Exchange Street Man

Bath, NY

#29 Apr 4, 2012
I think you have inept and incompetent property managers. The director and the board should be replaced It is time for Mayor Ryan to take action.
Jack

Vienna, VA

#30 Apr 4, 2012
Exchange Street Man wrote:
I think you have inept and incompetent property managers. The director and the board should be replaced It is time for Mayor Ryan to take action.
The property manager may very well be incompetant, or perhaps as I suspect, his hands are tied as to what he can do. Regardless, if you're waiting for Mayor Ryan to take EFFECTIVE action, I fear you'll be waiting for a very long time.
jake

Lawrenceville, PA

#31 Apr 4, 2012
Exchange Street Man wrote:
DO you make your bed every morning? I bet not. or maybe you never get out of it.
Brother Timothy

Bath, NY

#32 Apr 13, 2012
This needs to change. This is the purvue of government. Why are they doing nothing?
It is unjust.
Media

Bath, NY

#33 Apr 16, 2012
Please help us. Mr. Tannenhaus is not doing his job.
Tyrone

Corning, NY

#34 Apr 16, 2012
NO .....
jake

Lawrenceville, PA

#37 Apr 16, 2012
Brother Timothy wrote:
This needs to change. This is the purvue of government. Why are they doing nothing?
It is unjust.
And by writing this everthing will change! why don't you do something about it? what have you done so far? i have a solution! do you want to hear it?
Anna

Bath, NY

#38 May 7, 2012
These poor people are suffering and need your help. New mattresses and a service to get rid of this plague. The housing authority isn't giving them the help they need. We must all help. No one deserves this.
jake

Lawrenceville, PA

#39 May 7, 2012
Anna wrote:
These poor people are suffering and need your help. New mattresses and a service to get rid of this plague. The housing authority isn't giving them the help they need. We must all help. No one deserves this.
Ask your freind Tarik Abdelazim, that's his job! why should the tax's payer's waist money on this problem only to have it reoccur.
The Real Kerri G

Endicott, NY

#41 Dec 30, 2012
I thought the Public Housing was supposed to be decent and safe. It looks like a failure in mission. Who is being held accountable?
Jack

Vienna, VA

#42 Dec 30, 2012
The Real Kerri G wrote:
I thought the Public Housing was supposed to be decent and safe. It looks like a failure in mission. Who is being held accountable?
When are the residents of public housing going to take responsibility for their living conditions? If it's unsafe, it's because the people who live there are making it unsafe. If it's un-hygenic, it's because the people who live there are uh-hygenic. So to answer your question...nobody who can do anthing about the conditions are being held accountable

You could build top of the line housing....granite countertops, hardwood floors, luxury bathrooms and Sec 8 housing residents would trash it in a matter of a few years.

Ping Jockey

Endicott, NY

#43 Dec 30, 2012
Try in a few weeks.
david t

Endicott, NY

#44 Feb 11, 2013
bedbugs in north shore high rises continue. the board and its misguided leader, david tannehaus, have refused to spray the entire bldg. instead, they do it piecemeal, as tenants complain. i fully expect if a bedbug bit the way too large ass of tannehaus of his minion lou ann woodard, the infestation would be dealt with permanently.
Ragu

Binghamton, NY

#45 Sep 18, 2014
It is a valuable asset. Security Mutual Life owns the mortgage. I think they want it out or "their downtown".
concerned for our seniors

Binghamton, NY

#46 Sep 19, 2014
Mister Tannenhaus Please wrote:
Would you do something about the bed bugs. How can you let this go on?
tannehaus is clueless, and is simply shortening his work days as he inches towards retirement. i expect if these nasty blood sucking vermin bit somebody in the butt within the 1st floor executive offices they would be gone shortly thereafter. that will no doubt happen. fyi: it costs 1800 bucks for 3 treatments per apartment. R&J exterminating have become millionaires over the years as BHA contracts with them for spot spraying, not a fix. there is another thread suggesting BHA north shore towers be torn down, and i agree. tannehaus is allowing our seniors and disabled an unlivable filthy environment to call home, and the board overseeing the BHA have become stewards of shame. north shore towers should NEVER have been reopened after the flooding that evacuated the buildings in 2011. you dont recover from 14 feet of water that permeated every area of the housing authorities infrastructure. north shore towers and village remain in the flood plain. the answer is to place is an uninhabitable sign on the entrances, and demolish these buildings HUD!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Binghamton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Domestic violence and cops 23 hr LOL 2
Man shot by cops was lying down with hands up Sun Large frie chicke... 4
Defeat GOP Sun Large frie chicke... 7
Make Alton Sterling More Than a Hashtag Jul 22 The Realist 1
Florida sheriff arrests two paramedics for degr... Jul 22 The Realist 1
Police officer identified who shot unarmed man Jul 22 The Realist 1
No one showed up Jul 22 The Realist 3

Binghamton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance