Why do we want to own things?

Why do we want to own things?

Posted in the Binghamton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kerri

Bath, NY

#1 Oct 28, 2011
Why do we want or need to own things? There is no reason for this mind game of ownership. It causes terrible problems. Communal lending libraries need to be established for all goods. People would use what they needed when they needed it and everything would revert back to the lending library.No jealousy, theft or other problems. This is part of a new system. No own owns. Yours is mine and mine is yours and it all belongs to everyone. Peace.
terry

Lawrenceville, PA

#2 Oct 28, 2011
O.K. You can start with your friends and relatives.
Anna

Bath, NY

#3 Oct 29, 2011
It would bring everything into perspective. The manipulation of advertising, endorsements, retail and credit would be put in it's place, By borrowing stuff rather than owing it the wealthy would be cut out of the loop. Private property is stupid.
Jason

Bath, NY

#5 Nov 15, 2011
We all must live together as a family. The 1percent desires us to imitate them and their selfishness. Sharing and caring are the only property we should desire. Yours is mine and mine is yours. The more you have the more you can give, the less you have the more you will receive.
terry

Lawrenceville, PA

#6 Nov 15, 2011
jason. If i share my power tools with just one person how will get my work done?
Tyrone

Corning, NY

#7 Nov 16, 2011
terry wrote:
jason. If i share my power tools with just one person how will get my work done?
Your question is pointless - Jason has no concept of "work". HAHAHAHA
Josh

Bath, NY

#8 Dec 12, 2011
Share your bounty with the less fortunate. Eliminate the greed and you will achieve
Nirvana,
Zach

Bath, NY

#9 Jan 5, 2012
The wealth should be shared equally. We are one big family and need to help all. There should be no millionaires. Then there would not be poor. The rich must give and the poor will accept and then the economy will get better. We have to make each other have the basics and nobody should have to not pay their bills. Decriminalizing pot would make the economy boom
Josh

Bath, NY

#10 Jan 27, 2012
People that have enough want more. Why? People that do not have the basics cry out for justice and find none. Stupid people support the rich because they dream of being just like them. It is all selfishness. I just can not deal with those who want to feather their own nest at the expense of others.
Josh

Bath, NY

#12 Jan 29, 2012
You need to remove yourself from the doctrines of hate. Mediatation and yoga might benefit you and your followers.. It is only when you free yourself from materialism can you achieve
Nirvana.
Jack

Gap, PA

#14 Feb 1, 2012
Kerri wrote:
Why do we want or need to own things? There is no reason for this mind game of ownership.....
All one has to do is look at the condition of public housing to see why private ownership of property is desirable.
Jack

Gap, PA

#15 Feb 1, 2012
Josh wrote:
You need to remove yourself from the doctrines of hate. Mediatation and yoga might benefit you and your followers.. It is only when you free yourself from materialism can you achieve
Nirvana.
You seem to be more fixated on material things than those you accuse of being greedy.
Donawah

Bath, NY

#16 Feb 2, 2012
Blacks owned beach front property in Carolina and were cheated out of it by whites whom wanted to build condos and golf courses on their land. Tricky whites cheated poor blacks.
jake

Lawrenceville, PA

#17 Feb 2, 2012
Donawah wrote:
Blacks owned beach front property in Carolina and were cheated out of it by whites whom wanted to build condos and golf courses on their land. Tricky whites cheated poor blacks.
stop makeing up stories.
Anna

Bath, NY

#19 Feb 12, 2012
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be more fixated on material things than those you accuse of being greedy.
The condition of Public Housing is largely due to cheap construction. Corporations that built the housing used substandard materials and design. We need to get Apple or fashion designers to design nice homes for the poor. If they are properly built. They will be taken care of.

Remember this. Every person is entitled to happiness. We need to give people enough so that they will be happy. It is their constitutional right. So we have to take some of the bully's on this boards surplus to give to the poor. Big deal, who cares.

As Josh teaches......

"For others to have more, some will have to have less. And then every one will have enough."

Josh is brilliant.
Jack

United States

#20 Feb 12, 2012
Anna wrote:
<quoted text>
As Josh teaches......

brilliant.
You three are your own little Manson family. You live in squallor, regurgitate 60's deconstructionist nonsense and dream of your own version of helter skelter. I know Joshieboy sees himself as Charlie...I'm just trying to figure out
who you and Kerri are. Squeaky, Susan or Leslie.
jake

Lawrenceville, PA

#21 Feb 12, 2012
josh, anna and kerri might not know about charlie manson of what he did and where he is now, these dummie's want the material thing's in life and are in doubt of developing the skill's to achieve accomplishments for themself's to be a better person or maybe they are just plain lazy.
Jack

Vienna, VA

#22 Feb 20, 2012
Anna wrote:
<quoted text> The condition of Public Housing is largely due to cheap construction. Corporations that built the housing used substandard materials and design. We need to get Apple or fashion designers to design nice homes for the poor. If they are properly built.
Anna, I take it that you don't like living in your public housing? Yet that is what you, joshie boy and kerry ditz dream for all us?

Public housing is built cheaply and that is the point. It is built cheaply for a variety of reasons:

1- You can build more housing units using cheaper materials and construction practices with the same amount of money. What, do you think, that all public housing homes would have granite countertops, top of the line plumbing fixtures, whirlpool baths and hardwood floors?

2-Gov't building projects are loaded with corruption. I can think of few gov't projects that didn't have signifant cost overruns due in large part to the graft and corruption surrounding them.

You want Apple to design public housing? A company with absolutely no experience in architecture and construction? I'm sure that would work out great.

I know you've stated somewhere that you hold a Masters in social work. I am really finding it hard to believe you earned a masters degree, let alone graduated from college. Your writing is attrocious, your arguments lack logic, facts, and any rudimentary understanding of basic economics or human behavior. Your ideas are not thought out and in most cases contradictory.

You parrot the the talking points of what you've heard from your fellow travelers without a hint of reflection or analysis. You never question your paradigm, you just eat it up and spew it out. Joseph Stalin referred to you as a useful idiot.

You and Joshieboy view someone asking a fair question as an act of violence. When cornered with a question, you resort to referring to the questioner as "uncool" or "bad Kharma" without even trying to clarify your point. You may very well just be a troll here, spewing your garbage to incite reactions. However I have run into enough people who share the bullshyt you peddle to realize you may be genuine
Anna

Bath, NY

#23 Feb 20, 2012
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
You three are your own little Manson family. You live in squallor, regurgitate 60's deconstructionist nonsense and dream of your own version of helter skelter. I know Joshieboy sees himself as Charlie...I'm just trying to figure out
who you and Kerri are. Squeaky, Susan or Leslie.
Jack, you live in a very toney Maryland suburb. Things in the real world are not Pleasantville. People such as yourself idolize the rich. You are what we call the New Rich. You need to move down some notches and join the poor in their suffering. They are suffering because of your suburban paradise. Read the book Less Than Zero and you will find out what we are about and you will recognize yourself and your neighbors. Quit being so plastic and materialistic. End the worry and be part of the great movement forward. You will be glad you did.
Jack

Vienna, VA

#24 Feb 20, 2012
Anna wrote:
<quoted text> Jack, you live in a very toney Maryland suburb. Things in the real world are not Pleasantville. People such as yourself idolize the rich. You are what we call the New Rich. You need to move down some notches and join the poor in their suffering. They are suffering because of your suburban paradise. Read the book Less Than Zero and you will find out what we are about and you will recognize yourself and your neighbors. Quit being so plastic and materialistic. End the worry and be part of the great movement forward. You will be glad you did.
Anne, you don't know squat about me.I don't live in some toney Maryland suburb. I don't even live in Maryland. I am neither rich, nor do I idolize the rich. Unlike you, I don't demonize those who have more than I do. I work hard, save and provide for my family and live in a modest home.

I've dealt with unemployment and financial setbacks, but here's the thing...i didn't blame others and I picked myself up and found a new job.

Really...you're recommending that I read "Less than Zero". This is a book that you use as a guiding light to your life? A book that glorified self destructive behavior? I guess that would explain alot. You really think that the lives of most of the people you call "rich" mirrors the characters in Less than Zero? You really are a delusional lost soul.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Binghamton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Happy New Year 6 hr Garo 3
Garo doesn't like Uber (Jun '17) 20 hr 4 wheelinisforinb... 16
Wilkes Barre (Jun '17) Tue conklincolt 5
The Cave. What do you think? Mon Filter 16
BC Voice Is Back! Mon Speedracer 10
BCVoicer Canít Grasp Simple Math Mon Prof 6
Jobs Mon Employer 3

Binghamton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Binghamton Mortgages