Clinton man sentenced for elderly wom...

Clinton man sentenced for elderly woman's murder

There are 30 comments on the WBIR Knoxville story from Feb 24, 2007, titled Clinton man sentenced for elderly woman's murder. In it, WBIR Knoxville reports that:

A Clinton man has been sentenced to life in prison for his role in the 2005 stabbing death of an elderly woman at her Biloxi, Mississippi home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR Knoxville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonamous

AOL

#1 Feb 24, 2007
hte trial of teague shows that justice is stupid in this country ... while teague had a part in this horrid crime the masterminds of the trail of crime got away almost scott free... gunter had lead a groupe of young impressionable youths into more trouble in tennessee and this citizen has very little doubt that he masterminded the burgulary that lead to the elderly womans murder and yet gunter got only 5 years for his part... in correspondance with the youths involved they were lead to believe by gunter that he was in it with them and if they kept his part quiet they all would get a lessor charge ... and they fell for this as well.. gunter and his "wife" are directly responcible for what lead up to this murder and while i fully agree with the sentance of life without parole for the youths . i feel the people who set up the illegal activities that led to the murder should has equal blame in that murder
comment

Knoxville, TN

#2 Feb 25, 2007
thats right. tell em like it is. I totally agree that the Gunters had more responsibility than what has been told and he should deserve just as long as the other boys.
Friend from Clinton

Knoxville, TN

#3 Feb 26, 2007
Anonamous wrote:
hte trial of teague shows that justice is stupid in this country ... while teague had a part in this horrid crime the masterminds of the trail of crime got away almost scott free... gunter had lead a groupe of young impressionable youths into more trouble in tennessee and this citizen has very little doubt that he masterminded the burgulary that lead to the elderly womans murder and yet gunter got only 5 years for his part... in correspondance with the youths involved they were lead to believe by gunter that he was in it with them and if they kept his part quiet they all would get a lessor charge ... and they fell for this as well.. gunter and his "wife" are directly responcible for what lead up to this murder and while i fully agree with the sentance of life without parole for the youths . i feel the people who set up the illegal activities that led to the murder should has equal blame in that murder
You are right, I have been watching this story and I agree this has been a real case of blind justice, these young boys are the ones who will serve the punishment while the leader will be out in less than year. He and his wife will be back at their same way of life pulling someone else into it to do the dirty work. That is their means of employment.
right or wrong

Bowling Green, SC

#4 Feb 27, 2007
comment wrote:
thats right. tell em like it is. I totally agree that the Gunters had more responsibility than what has been told and he should deserve just as long as the other boys.
How could he be MORE responsible? They ALL are! It's Sooo easy to excuse. Have you ever thought maybe thats maybe why things like this happen. Making excuses for young children just may be the reason so much violence is going on these days. For Petes Sake this lady was 92, almost 93 years old and your saying these young men did this because the 29 yr old man told them to? I should not think so!! That is a Huge excuse!! What if this were your Mother, Grandmother? She also was sexualy molested!! Wake up!! Could you have done this at 19, if someone told you to? Of course not, you wouldn't have even if he'd threatened your life!!

Since: Mar 07

Nashville, TN

#5 Mar 7, 2007
I knew Matthew McKamey and I can't honestly say I was suprised by this. He has always been violent.He was a violent individual when he was a freshman in high school. I believe that he and Teague are the most reponsible. There was no one standing over them making them stab an ederly lady 23 times. I think they both should face the maximum sentence allowed. There is no excuse for them to have murdered the lady.
right or wrong

Balsam Grove, NC

#6 Mar 8, 2007
Convince me that either of them are not guilty!
Alexis

United States

#7 Mar 9, 2007
Nobody knows exactly what happened, we do know this Lady was very old, and was harmless. She was at their mercy, no doubt she would have gladly given them every cent she had. We do know that she was stabbed to death 23 times and sexualy assualted. What happened to the sexual assault charge? We do know that both young men were present. As for who did the stabbing, etc we don't know. We've not heard the evidence, etc.
With what little Facts we have, common since tells me that both likely are equally guilty.
Can you imagine an elderly Christian Lady, comfortably sitting in her chair, how she must have felt? These young men knew they could have taken anything they wanted, she would have not resisted. They had to have known!! But they chose to Murder and Sexual Assault her. They made a Conscious Decision to do this! How would you feel if this were you, your Mother, or your Grandmother?? Do we want Vicious People like this in our neighborhood to do this to us?
anonomous

United States

#8 Apr 30, 2008
I knew of both boys but I knew Teague better. He was a very violent boy and he was crazy, literally he was one scary person that i wish I had never met. This does not surprise me that he was part of this. I just send my hopes and prayers to the moore family and i hope these two get whats coming to them.
Yankee

Morristown, TN

#9 Apr 30, 2008
yankees don't feel that this is right!
right or wrong

Knoxville, TN

#10 Aug 2, 2011
I think the facts keep getting mixed up somewhat.
Gunter gave both boys drugs and they were high
Gunter drove them to the locations to "scout out" the neighborhoood
Gunter was already a criminal in Tennessee and knew more than the boys to tell them what to do while they were high and then to get the heck away so he would not be there if something bad happened
yes the boys were guilty of both the burglry and murder but they would not have even been in Mississippi had it not been for the influence of Gunter
Gunter was the ringleader and told the boys what to do and when and where.
Why should he not face similar punishment as the 2 boys faced.
already a criminal and knew the system and 2 young druged and not so smart boys doing his "dirty work"

ALL SHOULD BE SERVING EQUAL SENTENCES

Should not 2 druged 18 yo boys (when it happened) be allowed to at least have the possibility to be rehabilated and be able to at least have a chance to live a life after at least some period of incarceration

Be prayerful before you make your own decisions
WhoDat4Life

Gulfport, MS

#11 Feb 15, 2012
As Iva Moore's granddaughter, I can tell you that had they given her the chance, my Granny would have given them any item or amount of money they demanded rather than give up her life for it. There was absolutely NO need for them to harm her, much less brutalize and murder her. They both did the stabbing, but it was McKamey that did the majority of it.

To right or wrong's (Knoxville, TN) reply: I couldn't agree more that Gunter should have been charged with more if not equally, but for you to even suggest that Teague and McKamey should have possibly been given a chance to be rehabilitated after a period of incarceration is asinine. Those two already had criminal backgrounds prior to this. What they did wasn't just some out of the blue, random decision. They were well aware of their own actions. High or not, I have no doubt that it didn't fog their brain up enough to the point where they thought assaulting and murdering a defenseless, elderly woman was an acceptable thing to do. There is absolutely NO excuse for what they did.
Alexis wrote:
Nobody knows exactly what happened, we do know this Lady was very old, and was harmless. She was at their mercy, no doubt she would have gladly given them every cent she had. We do know that she was stabbed to death 23 times and sexualy assualted. What happened to the sexual assault charge? We do know that both young men were present. As for who did the stabbing, etc we don't know. We've not heard the evidence, etc.
With what little Facts we have, common since tells me that both likely are equally guilty.
Can you imagine an elderly Christian Lady, comfortably sitting in her chair, how she must have felt? These young men knew they could have taken anything they wanted, she would have not resisted. They had to have known!! But they chose to Murder and Sexual Assault her. They made a Conscious Decision to do this! How would you feel if this were you, your Mother, or your Grandmother?? Do we want Vicious People like this in our neighborhood to do this to us?
Andrea Jimenez

Brentwood, TN

#12 Jul 20, 2012
What is wrong with you?! They brutally murdered this lady for god sakes!!! These lowlife, waste of,space, evil boys, arent capable of being,rehabilitated!!! They have to pay for what they have done. In my opinion, the death penalty would be,the most logical choice, in this situation. I went to school with teague and mckamey, but I never knew them that well, and thank god for that! In all honesty, teague always, really gave me the creeps. They took it upon themselves to play the role of god, by taking this ladies life. I dont care what sort of drugs they were on, there is no excuse! The second they decided to take that ladys life, was the exact moment that they became fair game for anyone to take them out in anyway they see fit!
concerned

United States

#13 Jul 27, 2012
There is a 4th person involved that has told people about this yet none of the others reported him!
concerned

United States

#14 Jul 27, 2012
Also wanted 2 add i knew both guys ran w/ them as kids matt had his crazy moments yes but ernest edward givens was involved and led the others 2 mississippi he needs 2 b brought down as well along w/ treva bounds who drove and picked ernie up when he ran from the sceen the others have 2 b afraid 2 tell on him b/c hes crazy!! Alot worse then the ones doing time he came 2 me and told me the story (along w/ threats if i spoke up) about this lady im as hidden from him as i will ever b right now but i can't hold this on my soul ne longer im so sorry this happened i wish they had never been tool 2 Mississippi or around either of the older 2 guys involved and im glad 2 of the 4 r getting what they deserve

Since: Feb 12

Biloxi, MS

#15 Nov 4, 2012
If you are willing to discuss this with me, please contact me: biloxi.jules at yahoo.com
concerned wrote:
Also wanted 2 add i knew both guys ran w/ them as kids matt had his crazy moments yes but ernest edward givens was involved and led the others 2 mississippi he needs 2 b brought down as well along w/ treva bounds who drove and picked ernie up when he ran from the sceen the others have 2 b afraid 2 tell on him b/c hes crazy!! Alot worse then the ones doing time he came 2 me and told me the story (along w/ threats if i spoke up) about this lady im as hidden from him as i will ever b right now but i can't hold this on my soul ne longer im so sorry this happened i wish they had never been tool 2 Mississippi or around either of the older 2 guys involved and im glad 2 of the 4 r getting what they deserve
Patti fountain

United States

#16 Nov 4, 2012
Both these boys showed up at my door one evening just a week before the murder! It had just turned dark and my 15 yr old daughter answered the door! She came upstairs and said " mom these two weird guys are at the door" I went to the door which was opened and there stood a tall dark haired boy with a blue and gold letterman jacket and Tennessee cap! The shorter guy was sporting a mullet! My first thought was this is two neighborhood kids, but I quickly closed the door as I asked what they wanted... Watching from the window I reopened the door and was told that they were in a contest to raise money for college, and all they had to do was meet people... The boy with the mullet chimed in... Stating that they only needed to meet us..., I noticed his front teeth were rotted out and was taken back, do I started to close the door... The taller of the two jabbed the other as to stop me... Thankfully me neighbor pulled in at that moment and startled them both... I closed the door stating that they needed to do this in the daytime... I watched as they left never stopping st another home... I told me neighbor and he stopped them, as I'm standing in the street watching he asked them what they were doing... He was told "selling magazines" he asked for id's and was shown Tennessee license, and that they were dropped off by there boss and had to wait for him to pick them up! I phoned the police! They arrived and stopped them also, they were told the magazine story also, since they had no permits they were taken to the Jackson county sub station where the third party picked them up! It was weeks later that the photos were in the paper and unrealized it was the same guys! They were trying to connect them to other crimes within a time frame! I phoned detectives at biloxi police dept and was told that these were not the same guys! That they were in TN at that time! I explained that this was not true but they wouldn't hear it! So I phones JACKSON county police and explained that they must have a record of it due to picking them up! They confirmed that it was indeed the same boys... And that they would call biloxi pd back... I don't know if they ever actually connected to dots... But both the boys acted on their own and were up to no good! I believe they were smitten with my daughter and that's the only reason that were not standing in my home as she left the door wide open while collecting me... I never saw the third party... These boys were in my neighborhood all evening alone.., can't get more premeditated than that!
Sonny in fla

El Monte, CA

#17 Nov 18, 2012
These two walking around a town, giving people the creeps, makes a person wonder what kind of parents they have?
Ashleigh

Knoxville, TN

#18 Nov 28, 2012
I have to say this on behalf of Josh. I dated him for 10 years. Through the whole course of the 10 years we dated, he was NEVER violent. Matt was, but not Josh. Yes they did some very stupid and juvenile things when they were younger. But never anything this severe. I agree, Iva should have never had to go through this, God rest her soul. But Josh wasnt a monster that everyone makes him out to be. This was a result of drugs, and what drugs will make you do. Clyde should have also gotten the exact amount of time that Matt and Josh got. Even to this day, i know that if Josh ever gets out of prison, he will not hurt me, or anyone in my family. Its not in his nature. You just have to know him.
concerned

Oak Ridge, TN

#19 Feb 4, 2013
I know both these boys and i have never heard of the other 2 people you have mentioned ...Who are these people and what else do you knw
concerned wrote:
concerned

Oak Ridge, TN

#20 Feb 4, 2013
I am very sorry for your loss .I know these boys and its hard to believe that something like this happened. I think there was more involved than the police wantesd to take care of . They had 2 young boys telling the exact same story that even the police thought was very strange . The story was given to them to tell police or their lives as well would be threatened. The one that committed the crime is now free . I dont want to belittle the horrible crime that was committed but the police should have never let the real killer free.
WhoDat4Life wrote:
As Iva Moore's granddaughter, I can tell you that had they given her the chance, my Granny would have given them any item or amount of money they demanded rather than give up her life for it. There was absolutely NO need for them to harm her, much less brutalize and murder her. They both did the stabbing, but it was McKamey that did the majority of it.
To right or wrong's (Knoxville, TN) reply: I couldn't agree more that Gunter should have been charged with more if not equally, but for you to even suggest that Teague and McKamey should have possibly been given a chance to be rehabilitated after a period of incarceration is asinine. Those two already had criminal backgrounds prior to this. What they did wasn't just some out of the blue, random decision. They were well aware of their own actions. High or not, I have no doubt that it didn't fog their brain up enough to the point where they thought assaulting and murdering a defenseless, elderly woman was an acceptable thing to do. There is absolutely NO excuse for what they did.
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Biloxi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Ocean Springs, MS (Aug '10) 8 hr Ann 75
John McAdams Mon Macy Saucer 6
News Ocean Springs ranked among state's best places ... Jul 5 Waveland Resident 1
Jackson CO Justice Court Judge District 4 Jul 4 Godzilla 2
Jackson County School District Superintendent Jul 3 JCSD Employee 16
Review: Whipasnapa Charters Jul 3 Angela P 1
who is the best divorce lawyer in biloxi? Jul 1 anon 1
More from around the web

Biloxi People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Biloxi Mortgages