Bison plan could remove 360 animals

Nov 20, 2011 Full story: arabnews.com

BILLINGS, Montana: Up to 360 migrating bison would be shot by Montana hunters, captured for slaughter or shipped elsewhere this winter under a proposal from Yellowstone National Park.

Full Story

“Jody”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1 Nov 20, 2011
Well, I wouldn't call that a "Bison Plan". Doubt if the bison care much for it. Likely they plan on staying right where they are.

Kentucky has a plan to open a hunting season on whooping cranes. This bird is not a game bird, mates for life, is low impact on the environment, was on the endangered species list [like the bison] and have been protected until their fear of humans receded. Sounds so sporting, doesn't it? Not a bird one would eat, but I can see the conversation a specimen mounted head on the den wall would creat.

"Oh, that little chicken looking head there?.. yeah, I took that deadly devil in the back field pond,.. walked right up to it without fear and blew it's long legs off. Then I choked it out to save damaging the head, took 'em and stuffed 'em so I could prove my aim with a 20 gauge is surpassed by none!"

Impressive. Bet shooting a "on the sight-seeing tour" bison will take some stalking.

“Temporary tinctumutation”

Since: Apr 10

Funk, NE

#2 Nov 20, 2011

Bison just don't give a @#$%!

Out here we call 'em Buffalo. I know a meat market where you can buy fresh every Wednesday...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Billings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Montana appeals teacher's rape sentence (Nov '13) Oct 15 USA FINEST 9
Christianity Oct 9 GODS GIFT 1
Oil industry offers crude train testing standards Oct 1 Billings 1
Are White people superior to Black people? (Feb '09) Sep 30 mikechek8 200
Montana Catches Non-filer With Property Tax Break Sep '14 Phoenix 1
Early Morning Stabbing (Nov '10) Sep '14 ken 5
Review: Tourtlotte Law Firm Pllc Aug '14 Grateful 1
Billings Dating
Find my Match

Billings Jobs