Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania in 2010?

Posted in the Biglerville Forum

Comments (Page 2,516)

Showing posts 50,301 - 50,320 of51,114
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
P Ryan

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2014

Paul Ryan's plan to destroy America's poor and disabled and the elderly.

◾Slash basic food aid provided by SNAP by at least $135 billion and convert the program to a block grant. The Ryan budget includes every major benefit cut in the harsh SNAP bill that the House passed in September, which CBO estimated would end benefits to 3.8 million low-income people in 2014. The budget also would block-grant SNAP in 2019, with further steep funding cuts. States would be left to decide whose benefits to cut -- poor children, working-poor parents, seniors, people with disabilities, or others struggling to make ends meet. They would have no good choices, as SNAP provides an average of only $1.40 per person per meal.
◾Make it harder for low-income students to attend college. Ryan proposes to cut Pell Grants by more than $125 billion over the next decade. He would freeze the maximum grant for ten years, even as college tuition costs continue to rise. The maximum Pell Grant already covers less than a third of college costs, compared to more than half in earlier decades. Yet under the Ryan budget, the grant would fall another 24 percent by 2024 in inflation-adjusted dollars.(Some of that reduction is in the budget baseline, but Ryan would substantially enlarge it.) He also would make some moderate-income students who get modest help from Pell Grants today entirely ineligible.
◾Make massive unspecified cuts in a part of the budget in which low-income programs -- including the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), which Ryan praised in his recent poverty report -- make up a substantial share of the expenditures. His budget calls for at least $500 billion in cuts to mandatory programs other than Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, SNAP, Pell Grants, farm programs, civil service programs, and veterans' benefits. A substantial share of spending in this category is for low-income programs, including the EITC, the low-income component of the Child Tax Credit, the school lunch and other child nutrition programs, and Supplemental Security Income, which helps very poor people who are elderly or have serious disabilities.[Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, 4/1/14]

Read more here:

http://mediamatters.org/research/2014/04/02/f...

Right from none other than FAUX NOISE as only Sean Hannity can delivery it..

Surely the teabaggers have to believe this, I mean it did come from FAUX NOISE, didn't it?
P Ryan

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2014

Five years after the end of the Great Recession, our economic recovery is plodding, not because of massive deficits (which are not currently massive -- they have fallen faster than at any point in the last 60 years), but due to a lack of aggregate demand. In a demand-starved economy like ours, public spending has a high multiplier effect, meaning that for each dollar the government spends, more than a dollar is added to the economy. This is especially true when that public spending is allocated in such a way that it can circulate quickly throughout the economy -- for example, through low-income support programs (which are automatic stabilizers) or infrastructure investments that would create jobs rapidly.

For that reason, pulling back spending in today's economic environment, as Chairman Ryan proposes, would have a deleterious effect on the economy and jobs. On net, I estimate that the House budget resolution would decrease GDP by 0.9 percent and decrease nonfarm payrolls by 1.1 million jobs in fiscal year 2015, relative to CBO's current-law baseline. The following fiscal year, when Ryan's cuts to discretionary spending kick in, "The Path to Prosperity" would decrease GDP by 2.5 percent and cost 3.0 million jobs. And if the recovery remains sluggish, large job losses could continue under the Ryan budget in 2017 and beyond.[EPI, 4/1/14]

Read more here:

Remember folks, this comes from FAUX NOISE, not some weird liberal conspiracy full of falsehoods .
P Ryan

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2014

And on a closing note:
The Republican budget for 2015, released Tuesday by Representative Paul Ryan, the chairman of the House Budget Committee, will never come close to being law, so it doesn't have to pretend to be serious. This is a document designed solely to be reduced to a few bullet points so House Republicans can have something to show their most antigovernment voters.
That might work in their most carefully gerrymandered districts, but does the Republican Party really want to coalesce around a budget this destructive to the country's future: harming the middle class and the poor; undercutting popular safety-net programs, including Medicare and Pell grants; and heaping tax benefits on the rich? Apparently it does, and the full House will probably support it in a few days. Voters should look closely at the details to see if they would choose the same course.
[...]
Mr. Ryan hopes to be promoted to the helm of the Ways and Means Committee now that its chairman, Dave Camp, has announced his retirement. That would put a man with very dangerous ideas in a position to do serious damage to the tax code and the safety net, which Ways and Means controls. His budget is mostly an exercise in grandstanding right now, but, in a short time, it could become a pathway to something far worse.[The New York Times, 4/1/14]
Yes, folks, a lot of teabaggers are on board with Ryan's plan, are you?
Read more here:
S Palin

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2014

Judged:

The Republican Presidential primary in 2016 is going to be a clown car show of monumental proportion.
If the Democrats put up the janitor that cleans the bathrooms at the Maryland Democrats office in Maryland, they'd be a hundred times better than any of the GOP nominees.
Rising Liberal Fascism

Clarks Summit, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2014

Judged:

The Liberal Gulag
April 6, 2014
The Brendan Eich case brings out the nature of liberal fascism.

The word “liberal” has taken a beating over the last few days:

* A Mozilla executive was hounded out of his position at the firm he co-founded by a coalition of IRS criminals and left-wing campaigners resolved to punish him for having made a donation to a successful California ballot initiative that defined marriage in traditional terms;

* Adam Weinstein, whose downwardly mobile credibility has taken him from ABC to Gawker, called for literally imprisoning people with the wrong views about global warming, writing,“Those malcontents must be punished and stopped”; Mr. Weinstein himself was simply forwarding a dumbed-down-enough-for-Gawker version of the arguments of philosophy professor Lawrence Torcello;

* Katherine Timpf, a reporter for Campus Reform, faced a human barricade to keep her from asking questions of those attending a feminist leadership conference, whose organizers informed her that the group was “inclusive” and therefore she was “not welcome here”;

* Charles Murray, one of the most important social scientists of his generation, was denounced as“known white supremacist” by Texas Democrats for holding heterodox views about education policy;

* national Democrats spent the week arguing for the anti-free-speech side of a landmark First Amendment case and the anti-religious-freedom side of a case involving the Religious Freedom Restoration Act;

* Lois Lerner, the Left’s best friend at the IRS, faces contempt charges related to her role in the Democrats’ coopting the IRS as a weapon against their political enemies;

* Harry Reid, a liberal champion of campaign-finance reform, was caught channeling tens of thousands of dollars to his granddaughter while conspicuously omitting her surname, which is also his surname, from official documents, cloaking the transaction,

* while one of his California colleagues, a liberal champion of gun control, was indicted on charges of running guns to an organized-crime syndicate.

The convocation of clowns on the left screeched with one semi-literate and inchoate voice when my colleague Jonah Goldberg, borrowing the precise words of one of their own, titled a book Liberal Fascism. Most of them didn’t read it, but the ones who did apparently took what was intended as criticism and read it as a blueprint for political action.

Welcome to the Liberal Gulag.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/375138/...
S Hannity

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2014

Judged:

American Christian fundamentalists recently traveled to Africa and supported laws outlawing gay behavior. Some of the laws carry the death penalty. Not only that, conservative Christian extremists have taken to burning people alive after accusing them of being witches. That hurts more than being yelled in in public, doesn't it?
Fukushima

Clayton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

Judged:

A governor who takes benefits away from vets and raises our gas taxes should be impeached
O_zone

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

Judged:

Rising Liberal Fascism wrote:
The Liberal Gulag
April 6, 2014
The Brendan Eich case brings out the nature of liberal fascism.r
The word “liberal” has taken a beating over the last few days:
* A Mozilla executive was hounded out of his position at the firm he co-founded by a coalition of IRS criminals and left-wing campaigners resolved to punish him for having made a donation to a successful California ballot initiative that defined marriage in traditional terms;
* Adam Weinstein, whose downwardly mobile credibility has taken him from ABC to Gawker, called for literally imprisoning people with the wrong views about global warming, writing,“Those malcontents must be punished and stopped”; Mr. Weinstein himself was simply forwarding a dumbed-down-enough-for-Gawker version of the arguments of philosophy professor Lawrence Torcello;
* Katherine Timpf, a reporter for Campus Reform, faced a human barricade to keep her from asking questions of those attending a feminist leadership conference, whose organizers informed her that the group was “inclusive” and therefore she was “not welcome here”;
* Charles Murray, one of the most important social scientists of his generation, was denounced as“known white supremacist” by Texas Democrats for holding heterodox views about education policy;
* national Democrats spent the week arguing for the anti-free-speech side of a landmark First Amendment case and the anti-religious-freedom side of a case involving the Religious Freedom Restoration Act;
* Lois Lerner, the Left’s best friend at the IRS, faces contempt charges related to her role in the Democrats’ coopting the IRS as a weapon against their political enemies;
* Harry Reid, a liberal champion of campaign-finance reform, was caught channeling tens of thousands of dollars to his granddaughter while conspicuously omitting her surname, which is also his surname, from official documents, cloaking the transaction,
* while one of his California colleagues, a liberal champion of gun control, was indicted on charges of running guns to an organized-crime syndicate.
The convocation of clowns on the left screeched with one semi-literate and inchoate voice when my colleague Jonah Goldberg, borrowing the precise words of one of their own, titled a book Liberal Fascism. Most of them didn’t read it, but the ones who did apparently took what was intended as criticism and read it as a blueprint for political action.
Welcome to the Liberal Gulag.
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/375138/...
Hahaha, what a joke... Who could not have predicted that you would be resorting to Nazi style propoganda?....you're just a plain old worthless piece of crap loser. Just like you're pal Adolph Hitler.
O_zone

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

Judged:

Ok "your" but you get the message
LaughingAtYou

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

Judged:

bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
she's the MOST ACCOMPLISHED PERSON ON THE PLANET. And she's already the most admired woman on the planet.
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you get this confused? I said she is the most admired woman on the planet, which is a fact.
I wasn't confused, sweetheart, I was momentarily stunned by the idiocy of your ALL CAPS screeching, embarrassingly indefensible, dunce-like opinion that Hillary Rodham Clinton is the "MOST ACCOMPLISHED PERSON ON THE PLANET."

Seriously? LMAO!

Your hysterical cheerleading for Hillary's 'admiration polling' blinds you to her lack of accomplishment. Like Hillary, Mickey Mouse is widely admired but hasn't accomplished much either.

“My morals return with sunrise”

Since: May 13

Ravenswood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

Judged:

LaughingAtYou wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I wasn't confused, sweetheart, I was momentarily stunned by the idiocy of your ALL CAPS screeching, embarrassingly indefensible, dunce-like opinion that Hillary Rodham Clinton is the "MOST ACCOMPLISHED PERSON ON THE PLANET."
Seriously? LMAO!
Your hysterical cheerleading for Hillary's 'admiration polling' blinds you to her lack of accomplishment. Like Hillary, Mickey Mouse is widely admired but hasn't accomplished much either.
Nice editing of my quote. Hilarious. Do you really think everyone is as dumb as you? I said, clearly, that WHEN COMPARED TO YOUR IGNORANT LEADERS like Michele Bachman, Rick Perry, Santorum, etc. that she is the most accomplished person on the planet. Please, compare Hillary's career TO ANY GOP CHALLENGER. It isn't even a comparison.

But dumb tea baggers like you always try to hide the truth, and you never mind because it needs to fit your ignorant Fox News paradigm of reality, which simply isn't real. Why would you cut words form a quote and pretend it's the whole thing? I mean, you literally, clicked reply, then DELETED part of the quote.

Such an honorable way to debate - lie. Only on Planet Teabag. Then you wonder why you can;t win an election and are stuck in the powerless fringes of society.

Ravenswood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

Judged:

LaughingAtYou wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I was confused and pooped my pants.
Look! I can do it too! Why would you tell us that you pooped your pants? Seems weird and immature.

Ravenswood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

Judged:

bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
And when measured against the likes of Rick Perry, Michele Bachman, Mike Huckabee, Rand Paul and whatever other idiot you dumbasses trot up as the sacrificial lamb, she's the MOST ACCOMPLISHED PERSON ON THE PLANET. And she's already the most admired woman on the planet. Sorry.
Here's my actual quote, which also serves as UNDENIABLE PROOF of the lies and sad methods used by dumb tea baggers.

Too funny.
R Paul

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

Judged:

I hope Rick Perry runs again,,,,,this video kept me in stitches.....The whole panel was hilarious.

Watch this video !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
R Paul

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

Judged:

Ten GOP WTF Debate Moments !!!!!!!!!!

Look at the shocking video here:

Folks , you cant make this shit up! LMAO!

Ravenswood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

Judged:

R Paul wrote:
I hope Rick Perry runs again,,,,,this video kept me in stitches.....The whole panel was hilarious.
Watch this video !!
ooops.

Perry is running. There is no doubt. If we can get Bachman and Palin in, we're set for comedy for another decade. I still think the "who doesn't believe in evolution" question was the greatest. Half those dumbasses raised their hands. That should be an immediate DQ. This year PBS will ask them who thinks we are in "the end times." All of them will raise their hands to that, which is also an instant DQ. Because you don't get to influence future policy is you think we're in the "end times." Because it doesn't concern you.
O_zone

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

Judged:

bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
ooops.
Perry is running. There is no doubt. If we can get Bachman and Palin in, we're set for comedy for another decade. I still think the "who doesn't believe in evolution" question was the greatest. Half those dumbasses raised their hands. That should be an immediate DQ. This year PBS will ask them who thinks we are in "the end times." All of them will raise their hands to that, which is also an instant DQ. Because you don't get to influence future policy is you think we're in the "end times." Because it doesn't concern you.
Oh yes, this is a great point and I can't wait to see how these diffuses are going to interact with the emporer of New Jersey, Chris Christie....its going to be the clown show of the century.
Out of Control Agency

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

Report: EPA tested deadly pollutants on humans to push Obama admin’s agenda
04/02/2014

The Environmental Protection Agency has been conducting dangerous experiments on humans over the past few years in order to justify more onerous clean air regulations.

The agency conducted tests on people with health issues and the elderly, exposing them to high levels of potentially lethal pollutants, without disclosing the risks of cancer and death, according to a newly released government report.

These experiments exposed people, including those with asthma and heart problems, to dangerously high levels of toxic pollutants, including diesel fumes, reads a EPA inspector general report obtained by The Daily Caller News Foundation.

The EPA also exposed people with health issues to levels of pollutants up to 50 times greater than the agency says is safe for humans.

The EPA conducted five experiments in 2010 and 2011 to look at the health effects of particulate matter, or PM, and diesel exhaust on humans. The IG’s report found that the EPA did get consent forms from 81 people in five studies. But the IG also found that “exposure risks were not always consistently represented.”

http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/02/report-epa-...
O_zone

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

Judged:

Out of Control Agency wrote:
Report: EPA tested deadly pollutants on humans to push Obama admin’s agenda
04/02/2014
The Environmental Protection Agency has been conducting dangerous experiments on humans over the past few years in order to justify more onerous clean air regulations.
The agency conducted tests on people with health issues and the elderly, exposing them to high levels of potentially lethal pollutants, without disclosing the risks of cancer and death, according to a newly released government report.
These experiments exposed people, including those with asthma and heart problems, to dangerously high levels of toxic pollutants, including diesel fumes, reads a EPA inspector general report obtained by The Daily Caller News Foundation.
The EPA also exposed people with health issues to levels of pollutants up to 50 times greater than the agency says is safe for humans.
The EPA conducted five experiments in 2010 and 2011 to look at the health effects of particulate matter, or PM, and diesel exhaust on humans. The IG’s report found that the EPA did get consent forms from 81 people in five studies. But the IG also found that “exposure risks were not always consistently represented.”
http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/02/report-epa-...
Oh yeah, Stooge boy and without them you would be eating turpentine in your cereal and tainted meat from Mexico. I swear you're the king of all stooge boys. What a fccckn idiot you are...
Spreadin Da Govt Cheese

Pine Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2014

Judged:

we need more government cheese and spam. back in the days when america ate real food. my boy, da kernal hasn't been right in years since da govment cut the good tasting yellow cheese. its been hard for everybody.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 50,301 - 50,320 of51,114
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Biglerville Discussions

Search the Biglerville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Police: Two arrested after more than 60 injurie... (Mar '13) 1 hr Steve Gratman 49
Police: Illinois sex offender arrested in Getty... (Jul '13) 1 hr Steve Gratman 19
Gettysburg Child Rape/Violent/Serious Crime List (Sep '13) 1 hr Steve Gratman 298
Former Carroll Valley officer charged with corr... 1 hr Steve Gratman 10
Gettysburg Man: Intercourse with Dog, Sends Nud... 1 hr Steve Gratman 20
Man, 42, in custody after exposing himself to a... (Aug '13) 1 hr Steve Gratman 60
Police arrest Gettysburg man on child pornograp... (May '13) 1 hr Steve Gratman 88
•••
•••
•••
•••

Biglerville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Biglerville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••