Will stink bugs be done in by tempera...

Will stink bugs be done in by temperature spike?

There are 6 comments on the York Dispatch story from Feb 23, 2011, titled Will stink bugs be done in by temperature spike?. In it, York Dispatch reports that:

Stink bugs despise frigid temperatures. And that's why during sunny winter days, or when a home's heater warms up their quarters, the tank-like bugs may be seen flying or crawling inside a home, said assistant professor Greg Krawczyk of Penn State's fruit research center in Biglerville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at York Dispatch.

PROUD OF HANOVER

Spring Grove, PA

#1 Feb 23, 2011
I have had these in my home & garage ALL winter - cold or not!
Mr Final Word

York, PA

#2 Feb 23, 2011
i love to squash them. just press on their front half and the nasty spray goes out the back. each one killed is one less there is to breed....
Hugh Jass

Ephrata, PA

#3 Feb 23, 2011
keep your houses cleaner and you won't have a problem with bugs!
Ace

Olyphant, PA

#4 Feb 23, 2011
Hugh Jass wrote:
keep your houses cleaner and you won't have a problem with bugs!
Cleanliness has nothing to do with stink bugs, Dumb Jass. I clean and declutter constantly and I have had them all winter. Everyday I capture dozens of them. Spring will only make things worse. Until they are recognized as harmful to crops, no one will do much about them.
Ventura

York, PA

#5 Feb 23, 2011
Ace wrote:
<quoted text>
Cleanliness has nothing to do with stink bugs, Dumb Jass. I clean and declutter constantly and I have had them all winter. Everyday I capture dozens of them. Spring will only make things worse. Until they are recognized as harmful to crops, no one will do much about them.
According to your neighbors, the stink bug smell emanating (comin' out of) from your trailer is a pleasant smell, as per what they were smellin' prior to the arrival of the stink bugs. Personally I like them. When I fart and my wife asks, "what is that smell', I just hold up a little stink bug that I permanently keep pinned to my LazyBoy! It's called "Makin' Fartin' Easier"! I no longer even have to blame it on the dog.
WTF

United States

#6 Feb 23, 2011
Don't worry people there will be plenty to deal with this fall. I sprayed my house outside 5 times, I killed thousands.... They are so spread out I didn't even put a dent in them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Biglerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gettysburg Child Rape/Violent/Serious Crime List (Sep '13) 16 hr Pillip Freeman 430
Organized Criminal Gang Targeting Gettysburg Ar... (May '12) 22 hr Pillip Freeman 580
Proof of Gettysburg Police Corruption (Dec '13) May 13 Costardouche 21
Gettysburg Man! Gettysburg Man! Child Predator ... (Jun '13) May 12 Costard 97
Relocating May 4 Philip Freeman 5
News Half Pint Creamery plans second ice cream shop Mar '15 Fannie Pak 2
plane (Sep '14) Sep '14 Pink Eye 4
More from around the web

Biglerville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]