Local musician teaches students

Local musician teaches students

There are 6 comments on the Evening Sun story from Oct 31, 2010, titled Local musician teaches students. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Fourth-graders at Bendersville Elementary play panderos with resident artist Babatunde Lea on Thursday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

Apathetic

Baltimore, MD

#1 Nov 1, 2010
More of my tax dollars being wasted I see. I love music but should'nt these kids be learning a little math.
really

Yonkers, NY

#2 Nov 1, 2010
apathetic: your name says it all. did you even read the article? "The program is sponsored by the school Parent Teacher Associations and the PA Council of the Arts" Maybe you should volunteer some of your time to help teach kids math instead of complaining that others aren't doing enough to help them. Also, it is worth noting that music education has been proven to help kids do better in other subjects, especially math. Music, particularly percussion, involves a lot of math and counting.
just my opinion

York, PA

#3 Nov 3, 2010
Great performance last night! The kids really seemed to enjoy this experience.
Voice of Truth

Manchester, PA

#4 Nov 3, 2010
hmm the article says he's teaching their mind, body, and spirit. What is he teaching the spirit? and is it aligned with what their parents want taught? Considering his background as Drum is prevalent in many forms of Afro-West Indies worship--Palo, Santeria, Voudoun. Most of these spiritual beliefs involve animal sacrifice.

Instead of focusing on mind, body, and spirit, perhaps he could have focused more on jazz and taught them a little Charlie Parker or Jaco Pastorius.
UASD Parent

Akron, OH

#5 Nov 3, 2010
Last night was a great experience. The kids did an awesome job. If you as a parent are concerned about what your child is learning from this new experience, then you are closed minded or not secure in your faith.
WHITT

Houston, TX

#6 Nov 3, 2010
IT NOTHING LIKE WAKING UP IN THE MORNING LISTENING TO LANCE REDDICKS NEW DEBUTJAZZ CD ‘Contemplations & Remembrances’! HE HAS A GOOD COLLECTION OF SMOOTH JAZZ!
YOU CAN CHECK IT OUT AT http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0040EQ5OC/r...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Biglerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Has The Most Gas In Gettysburg 1 hr Pink Eye 6
Gettysburg Child Rape/Violent/Serious Crime List (Sep '13) Thu Davenport 533
News Parents effected by heroin epidemic hold awaren... Thu Davenport 3
News Man charged after showing police cocaine Thu Davenport 1
News Vigil in Gettysburg honors victims of violence Jun 21 Davenport 2
News You Can Now Buy Hillary Clinton's 1986 Oldsmobile Jun 20 New order 15
Construction behind Sheetz near Rt 15. May 31 Davenport 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Biglerville Mortgages