Stink bugs return to Franklin County area

There are 12 comments on the Public Opinion story from Jun 5, 2011, titled Stink bugs return to Franklin County area. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

Brown marmorated stink bugs are reappearing after spending the winter under the eaves and siding and in the attic.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

Commentor

United States

#2 Jun 5, 2011
The stink bug never left, duhhhhhhh!
CSM 101

Chambersburg, PA

#4 Jun 5, 2011
Plans to terminate the stink bug are in effect. The first launch sequences will be initiated at 6:18PM. You must escape the primary blast zones.
ItsMe

AOL

#5 Jun 5, 2011
We had them in the house all winter..they have decided my African Violets are a tasty meal..
We will try it

Mercersburg, PA

#6 Jun 5, 2011
open minded wrote:
<quoted text>its not a soda bottle , and they dont tell you what to use for bait!
The "bait" is the LED light. These critters are attracted to light (which is why you see them hanging out near porch doors, etc). If you follow these directions, I believe that it will work. Using the "soda bottles" means a 2 liter bottle. I know a couple of people who have already made them and they seem to be working.

Another note for animal owners: Perhaps checking the underbellies of your dogs and/or cats who come in and out of the house is a good idea. I've found them on the long fur of my dogs a couple of times. Once inside and the animal shakes or rolls around, or whatever, the bugs drop off and then begin their journey to the center of your home. In any case, it is worth checking; and, just as important, check YOURSELF! These bad bugs will cling to anything and you may not even see them.
dave

Saint Thomas, PA

#8 Jun 5, 2011
the best thing i have found to kill stink bugs is the electric bug zapper, they love them at night. also chickens really love to eat them
good bye bugs and beatles

United States

#9 Jun 5, 2011

Ok - here's your answer to dealing with the pesty old stink bugs!

http://www.wjactv.com/video/28028425/index.ht...

GOOD LUCK,
Dannie
stinky

Chambersburg, PA

#10 Jun 5, 2011
Section R

Chambersburg, PA

#11 Jun 5, 2011
I will not be satisfied until a Liberal blames Bush for the stink bugs.
Rich

Mount Joy, PA

#12 Jun 5, 2011
At lowes they say any bug killer with Triazicide will help keep them away. they say its the best thing that can be bought by the everyday customer
Rock Hoover

Chambersburg, PA

#14 Jun 6, 2011
Section R wrote:
I will not be satisfied until a Liberal blames Bush for the stink bugs.
Or a racist, radical, conservative extremist blames President Obama.
Section R

Chambersburg, PA

#15 Jun 6, 2011
Rock Hoover wrote:
<quoted text>Or a racist, radical, conservative extremist blames President Obama.
Close enough - Thank You.
Consumer Advocate

Muncy, PA

#16 Jun 7, 2011
I say mail all the stink bugs you can to the US POSTAL SERVICE HEADQUARTERS and the congressional oversight committees until they lower the cost of 1st class stamp to a quarter, freeze union pensions and worker salaries, fire the hugely paid and incompetent senior management, and charge magazine publishers and the junk mailer the ACTUAL cost of delivering their mail. If you can think of a better use for these bugs, let me know! The government has had studies going on for years about what do do about the postal service and DOES NOTHING! I've HAD IT!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Biglerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Organized Criminal Gang Targeting Gettysburg Ar... (May '12) Sat Ese 577
Gettysburg Child Rape/Violent/Serious Crime List (Sep '13) May 18 Pink Eye 429
Proof of Gettysburg Police Corruption (Dec '13) May 13 Costardouche 21
Gettysburg Man! Gettysburg Man! Child Predator ... (Jun '13) May 12 Costard 97
Relocating May 4 Philip Freeman 5
Area under tornado watch until 10 p.m. Apr '15 DeJuan 1
News Half Pint Creamery plans second ice cream shop Mar '15 Fannie Pak 2
More from around the web

Biglerville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE