Comments
1 - 20 of 30 Comments Last updated Oct 31, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sickens me

Euless, TX

#1 Oct 28, 2012
It makes me so mad all the people sitting ng welfare year after year when they can afford cigarettes an pot an alcohol. But there gettin HUD food stamps ect. Luckily it shouldn't be long an drug test will be required. I can't stand this. Right along with all the women getting pregnant with not a pot to piss in an living on welfare or gettin pregnant to get hud. I think if they don't have a home an are gonna have to depend on welfare to raise there kids they should take the babies at birth give them to a deserving good family with the means to raise them by having jobs an in a drug free home. I cannot wait until they do drug test for welfare!!!
Sickens me

Euless, TX

#2 Oct 28, 2012
Not to mention nuder these women after there first kid. I can't stand this an some these women have no means to better them selves an just dont care about jobs bc everyone else supports them.

Dallas, TX

#3 Oct 28, 2012
You couldn't have said it any better. I totally agree! This is why our taxes are so high. We have to support the lazy ass people in this low life town.
Sickens me

Euless, TX

#4 Oct 28, 2012
It totally shocks me I would not want my children raised up on welfare barely making it. Seeing me or there father sitting around not working. Thinking food stamps is how you eat or the first is pay day! And its sad that children grow up with this life style with moms an dads not working. Making it barely. I'm not rich by no means but my kids don't get raised on welfare. And they dont see me an there dad sitting around smoking pot drinking an it's very sad to me thinking kids are raised like this an the parents think its okay. Get a job an give ur babies a life they deserve.
Sickens me

Euless, TX

#5 Oct 28, 2012
And I understand getting help but depending on it. And this being what folks sit around looking forward to. Ugh. I seen a big pregnant girl in Hayes the other day wasnt very old heard her talkin about after her baby was born HER HUD WOULD GO THRU!
Wow

United States

#6 Oct 28, 2012
You sicken me and it is sad that your children will grow up being taught to hate people. Take their children away and have them neutered? First of all if they are using drugs they won't have their children for long, but not everyone receiving assistance is on drugs. You are essentially stereotyping and hating the poor in general. I do not receive welfare and I think the system needs some work, but you are just a hateful person.
Sickens me

Euless, TX

#7 Oct 28, 2012
I was talking about the ones who depend on it and have no desire to work An the ones who use drugs not the ones who need it an my children are not taught to hate they know nothing about welfare. I'm just sayin it's bad women keep having kid after kid and welfare has to support them I think you should be stable before having kids.
zencrash

Paragould, AR

#8 Oct 29, 2012
I receive social security survivors benefits. I do not receive food stamps or HUD. I'm going to college to get a good paying job. To those of you who want to bash me for getting the help, go ahead, I hope that you never have to go through what I went through, but when your life gets turned upside down, and you are living in a fog, unable to work, you will also be thankful for the survivors benefits that your spouse had paid in all the years they worked. I get enough to keep my bills paid and my children taken care of. I did try to get food stamps, but was declined because my house is completely paid for, and they believe I can sell my house if things are too tight. My kids and I get by, but it is tight. Before you start slamming EVERYONE that receives assistance, make sure you know what you are talking about. Yes, I agree, there are some that abuse this, but not everyone does.
Sickens me

Euless, TX

#9 Oct 29, 2012
zencrash wrote:
I receive social security survivors benefits. I do not receive food stamps or HUD. I'm going to college to get a good paying job. To those of you who want to bash me for getting the help, go ahead, I hope that you never have to go through what I went through, but when your life gets turned upside down, and you are living in a fog, unable to work, you will also be thankful for the survivors benefits that your spouse had paid in all the years they worked. I get enough to keep my bills paid and my children taken care of. I did try to get food stamps, but was declined because my house is completely paid for, and they believe I can sell my house if things are too tight. My kids and I get by, but it is tight. Before you start slamming EVERYONE that receives assistance, make sure you know what you are talking about. Yes, I agree, there are some that abuse this, but not everyone does.
I'm not saying everyone does im clearly stating the able to work the drug users and the ones that has a choice but choose not too. This is a touchy subject for most. But the folk that do need it an have to have it. That's one thing and nothin was mentioned about S.S I mean the HUD an food stamp people who sit around day after day that are capable of working. But choose not to because people are supporting them. People are turnin my words all around!
Wow

United States

#10 Oct 29, 2012
No one is twisting your words. Re-read your posts and notice how awful it sounds. The title of this thread is "welfare and pregnant women". If anyone deserves and needs welfare it is pregnant women. Maybe there are women who have kids just to get welfare, that is a pretty extreme idea but I guess its possible. I am sure the majority did not intend to be pregnant knowing they couldn't support a child. Maybe they are uneducated about birth control, their birth control failed them, or they got caught up in the moment and made a life changing mistake. Whatever the case its not your place to judge. I'm sure in your lifetime you have made a dumb decision or two. Just because the parents aren't the sharpest tools in the shed doesn't mean the innocent children should be homeless and without food. Welfare is a double edged sword, but at least in America we don't have children dying of starvation. In many other countries that is disturbingly common. As for the girl you said you seen at Hays, I do not see how her comment offended you so much. She may have simply meant that she is having a hard time making rent, and when she will need a home the most (after her child is born) that she will be able to get a little help. If she looked young she probably doesn't have a college degree and therefore doesn't likely have a decent job. It is also a good possibility that the father of the child isn't around or helping financially. Just be thankful that you are not in her shoes instead of judging a stranger you know nothing about.
Sickens me

Euless, TX

#11 Oct 29, 2012
Look I'm talking bout the people who live like this year after year obviously you or someone you know does. I know what I meant ok? So take it how you want an don't miss understand this I am talkin about people who use this in the wrong way you dumb ass. Maybe ur so offended bc you do
Sickens me

Euless, TX

#12 Oct 29, 2012
And the girl in Hayes was saying how her boyfriend was gonna stay there to but not to tell anyone. And thats because she plans on scheming the government. Do you understand that
itsnotmymoneyits yours

United States

#13 Oct 29, 2012
People that don't make any attempt to better themselves, the one's that don't try and just intend to live off the government should have a limit on how many children they can have. I know so many people like that and they have no intention of changing. I just look at their children and feel terrible for them because they're doomed to be the same.
Sickens me

Euless, TX

#14 Oct 29, 2012
That's what I was saying yes I was a little harsh. It just tears my heart up to see these children raised with out a working parent or a clean home or thinking welfare is how it's supposed to be. And the people who neglect it. I said something's that we're to harsh an came out a little wrong. It just breaks me to see these poor children being brought into this world with parents who have no means to raise them right. Yes it's okay to struggle an have to use welfare but not to want to better your or your kids life. An using welfare as there means of living? It's just sad.
Agree

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Oct 29, 2012
I know what you're saying! I know more than a few people who get foodstamps and HUD that are totally capable of working. They smoke pot like its going outta style. And buy three packs of ciggs aday! Im not on welfare but at obe time i needed foodstamps. More than a few abuse welfare around here. I know a couple right now thats fixing to have a baby with not a pot to piss in and not even trying to work or stop doing drugs to find a job. And they are expecting to get HUD and already get foodstamps but expect more after the babies born. Welfare doesn't buy diapers or pay utilites! Im just worried to death for this innocent baby thats gonna live a life of neglect cause the parents are to lazy and addicted to give a damn. I know not everyone abuses it. But most do! Its hard to watch and i understand how it can make hard working people bitter.
Agree

Euless, TX

#16 Oct 29, 2012
Yes I know what your saying yea u may have dropped the bomb an said things a little harsh but I see what your saying the people who use it in all the wrong ways not the people who have to have it an have means to help there selfs just need help and that's great I'm glad that's there for you but for the drugs addicts the people that abuse the help an the ones who get pregnant just for the help need to be cut off an drug test should certainly be admisinistored before benefits are giving an randomly!!

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Oct 29, 2012
At first I disagreed with this forum but now I see what y'all are saying. I received food stamps while I was in school getting a degree to better myself for my kids. I didn't want to get assistance but I had no choice. Once you enter a program in college and are in school from 7am to 5pm then homework there's no time for work. They even told us if we were working we would have to quit for the program. People that I went to school with that knew I had food stamps either wanted to buy them from me or for me to buy their lunch at wm when I went to get me a quick frozen dinner for lunch. I told them I wouldn't be getting them if I didn't need to feed me and my kids. I couldn't believe people would actually ask someone that! I only received them until I graduated and got a job and had a steady income coming in. For that, I'm greatful we have assistance otherwise I would've never been able to better myself and worked a minimum wage job forever and been on food stamps forever.
Really

Euless, TX

#18 Oct 29, 2012
Agree wrote:
I know what you're saying! I know more than a few people who get foodstamps and HUD that are totally capable of working. They smoke pot like its going outta style. And buy three packs of ciggs aday! Im not on welfare but at obe time i needed foodstamps. More than a few abuse welfare around here. I know a couple right now thats fixing to have a baby with not a pot to piss in and not even trying to work or stop doing drugs to find a job. And they are expecting to get HUD and already get foodstamps but expect more after the babies born. Welfare doesn't buy diapers or pay utilites! Im just worried to death for this innocent baby thats gonna live a life of neglect cause the parents are to lazy and addicted to give a damn. I know not everyone abuses it. But most do! Its hard to watch and i understand how it can make hard working people bitter.
I think I know who ur talkin about. Do they live in hoxie with the boys parents?
zencrash

Paragould, AR

#19 Oct 29, 2012
Sickens me wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not saying everyone does im clearly stating the able to work the drug users and the ones that has a choice but choose not too. This is a touchy subject for most. But the folk that do need it an have to have it. That's one thing and nothin was mentioned about S.S I mean the HUD an food stamp people who sit around day after day that are capable of working. But choose not to because people are supporting them. People are turnin my words all around!
now that, the people that abuse the system, yes, I agree, something should be done about that. And the drug test thing will help that a lot.
Wow

United States

#20 Oct 30, 2012
If the girl at Hays said all that then that is wrong and it should be reported. I don't condone anyone abusing the system or intentionally staying on assistance permanently. To answer your assumption, no I do not receive welfare. Actually I pay in more taxes than some people make in a year and I do not qualify for a refund. It always annoys me when people who get all of their taxes refunded to them every year, but don't qualify for food stamps, want to act like their tax money pays for someone elses welfare. Newsflash-- you don't pay taxes! If anyone is providing for the welfare program it is people like me and my wife. But we don't gripe about it because we know that not everyone is as fortunate as we are. Drug testing would be nice, but it will only cause more money to be dumped into the welfare program. A better solution is to put a lifetime cap on the amount of time a person can receive benefits. I think 2-3 years should be long enough for anyone to get on their feet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Biggers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cannot take walks, afraid of peoples' dogs 53 min FBzIs 4
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr BARNEYII 29,667
Public Elected Officials Information 1 hr politics sucks 63
Red Golden Retriever on Heather Lane 2 hr Fed Up 13
Jumpstart Ministries 4 hr the real truth 20
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 8 hr guest 9,880
AR Arkansas Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 8 hr guest 3,839
•••
•••
•••