Citizen

San Antonio, TX

#1 May 15, 2012
How low does someone have to be to scare the elderly citizens of Big Wells into thinking there is going to be a water rate increase. The city has had chances to increase the rates a couple of times, but yet didn't. Never underestimate stupid people in large groups to come up with such a fictitious rumor to sway a vote!

Not only that, but another fictitious rumor on how the current mayor is pocketing sewage and water sale funds. It is truely amazing how people vote on what they hope or think will happen when it's probably not going to. As I recall, the current mayor never made promises about anything other than to keep open projects moving forward...including the housing and street improvement project.

People, it takes money to change things. Do you think $400k in the bank is going to fix everything? No! That amount of money might fix one street, but that's it! If it's true about what the new mayor plans on doing, then BW is in big trouble.

Rumors include: water is due on the 15th, cut off is on the 16th, fresh water sales and sewage disposal from commercial accounts will stop, amongst other things. Do people actually think the water accounts in BW are actually going to keep the city afloat? You are mistaken if you do!

So, go ahead and be happy for who you voted in, their true colors will be shown soon enough!
seriously

Carrizo Springs, TX

#2 May 15, 2012
Why is there so Many haters. If someone else thinks they can make a difference in this town, because we all know the recent mayor didn't do much or hardly anything, by all means give them a chance. It's not going to hurt considering we didn't get to far with the first mayor. So really quit hating an give someone else the opportunity to make change if possible, unless the mayor really does have something to hide an is worried that the new crew is going to find out. If your voted out, hey your voted out. He must of made promises that he couldn't keep or no one was satisfied with the little or no changes at all that were made.
Citizen

San Antonio, TX

#3 May 15, 2012
Are you kidding me? You are seriously saying the current mayor didn't do much or anything. If this is what you are really saying, then you must be as pathetic as the ones who voted the new one in. Give me a break. No hating here, simply stating the people have made a grave mistake. May the odds be ever in your favor. Seriously!!!
seriously wrote:
Why is there so Many haters. If someone else thinks they can make a difference in this town, because we all know the recent mayor didn't do much or hardly anything, by all means give them a chance. It's not going to hurt considering we didn't get to far with the first mayor. So really quit hating an give someone else the opportunity to make change if possible, unless the mayor really does have something to hide an is worried that the new crew is going to find out. If your voted out, hey your voted out. He must of made promises that he couldn't keep or no one was satisfied with the little or no changes at all that were made.
Citizen

San Antonio, TX

#4 May 15, 2012
@seriously

Oh, by the way, going from $50k in the hole to $400k in the clear is apparently "hardly anything". Ponder on that for a while.
My Opinion

United States

#5 May 15, 2012
@ Citizen and Seriously,

Both of you are correct and incorrect in so many levels, while the current mayor did make alot of improvements budget wise, that was largely based on the incoming oil boom, had it not been for all that unexpected business would Big Wells have that much money in the bank? I believe not.
Again the current mayor did make so good changes for Big Wells as well as many other previous mayors have done or tried.
But Big Wells will unfortantely always be in trouble no matter who becomes mayor because each Mayor has always taken advantage of their postion for personal gain.
Like using city vehicles for personal use, buying supplies such as (toilet paper, paper towels, and such items) for city hall use yet it ends up in persoanl homes (and of this there is plenty of proof) and last but not least, listening to the complaints of Big Wells citizens and not doing anything to remedy them.(and this also i have experienced first hand)
If you two individuals are as concerned as you appear Big Wells would be an amazing place to live if everyone had your intentions and morals but until EVERYONE in Big Wells truly tries to make a difference and not get involved for personal gain.
All these postings on Topix are truly a waste of time.
Citizen

San Antonio, TX

#6 May 16, 2012
@ My Opinion,

You make great points. Not all people are bad, but some previous mayors didn't have the know how to do the job right. Also, some people fail to understand is how long the mayors personal vehicle was used while paying for his own fuel to do city business. You will not ever hardly hear of anyone complaining about vehicle use when it's their own vehicle and fuel money supplied for city business. For the longest time, the city was broke, trucks were on the verge or breaking down. I'm sure the mayor did not want to risk running errands and be stuck in the middle of no where due to maintenance neglect on the vehicles from the previous administration.

Regardless, the mayor position is not paid, people also fail to account for how many hours the administration (council and mayor) is putting in for free. If the concern is the mayor and council are buying paper products for the city and using them as well, then my thoughts are--let'em. Again, they are not being paid for their positions.

Not sure what you are talking about in regard to citizen complaints not being taken care of. But, for purposes of a scenario, let's say there are big rugs traveling down a road causing a lot of noise during sleeping hours, it is hard to reinforce ordinances when BW's does not have a police department to inforce such ordinances. However, if the complaint is due to road conditions (pot holes), the city is tryin to redo the roads as we speak. It takes time, money, equipment, and man power.

I just hope the new mayor can see what road lies ahead for him and his new administration. We all know he will replace everyone working. Or, he will keep certain people and give them a promotion when they do not deserve such positions.
citizen x

Fort Worth, TX

#7 May 16, 2012
Who gives a rats fat ass ! We don't even have water on the southside of town!! Fkn idiots!! Top 2 bottom!!_/\_

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Wells Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
joel Barajas no vale madre 12 min Your friend 3
Hermana Michelle ZAPATA 16 min Jealous 12
Michelle Zapata Cisneros 19 min Jealous 16
What do you all females think of Armando Valenz... 24 min Kelly 1
Espinosa's slash Michele Ruiz's tires 1 hr Riche el joto diaz 6
GTZ bar 1 hr regular 1
Juan lira 2 hr silly 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Big Wells Mortgages