What has Obama done exactly that is s...

What has Obama done exactly that is so bad against Coal?

Posted in the Big Stone Gap Forum

servant

Wise, VA

#1 Sep 11, 2012
Kinda tired of hearing it without facts behind it, and im not even a democrat.

People these days just ramble things off without any facts, its alot better to actually say what he has done then just say hes against Coal, unless I just up and believe everything you say without thinking....

Which when i think about it, it probably is ok to do, since most people don't.
Valley Bear

Norton, VA

#2 Sep 11, 2012
Just vote Obama. He has done a great job helping the coal business. Working on clean coal day and night. He stop playing golf for one hour, so he could work on the coal issues.
Yes

Goodview, VA

#3 Sep 11, 2012
Did you hear about the big riot at one of america's embassy today. they burned the american flag and replaced it with a Muslim flag, one american was killed, one wounded etc. Well Obama gave 1.6 Billion dollars of the American tax payers Money to those very same people. He supports Islam every chance he gets. Oh my I could go on and on and on as to what he has done to this country but I have a feeling you're not buying any of it.

God see 2016 Obama's America it will tell you a lot about him if you really have an OPEN mind.
servant wrote:
Kinda tired of hearing it without facts behind it, and im not even a democrat.
People these days just ramble things off without any facts, its alot better to actually say what he has done then just say hes against Coal, unless I just up and believe everything you say without thinking....
Which when i think about it, it probably is ok to do, since most people don't.
thats right

Goodview, VA

#4 Sep 11, 2012
But he warned us and the people of SW VA still voted for him. He plainely told us (I heard him with my own ears) He said you build the coal power plants and I will SHUT them down!!!!! Now they are going to be converted to Gas.
Valley Bear wrote:
Just vote Obama. He has done a great job helping the coal business. Working on clean coal day and night. He stop playing golf for one hour, so he could work on the coal issues.
Well

Goodview, VA

#5 Sep 11, 2012
One thing that I think is terrible is that he voted 3 times for the bill that says if an abortion goes wrong and the baby survives, then that baby can receive NO HELP from anyone. The baby has to be laid aside until it dies.

I saw a nurse give an interview where this very thing happened to her in an abortion room. She was the nurse there and could not give the baby any care. She QUIT her nursing job right then because she was so shaken.

That's a scary person that would vote for that bill but then he is known to be the most liberal president ever. He is not really a democrat. He is a socialist or worse.
For just one

Goodview, VA

#6 Sep 11, 2012
Absolutely has refused to pass a budget and then put us 16 Trillion in debt.

First president to ever have our credit rating dropped....first in history. thats bad

Food stamps is at the asolutely highest level EVER!! So is welfare etc.
Whatever

Hendersonville, TN

#7 Sep 11, 2012
servant wrote:
Kinda tired of hearing it without facts behind it, and im not even a democrat.
People these days just ramble things off without any facts, its alot better to actually say what he has done then just say hes against Coal, unless I just up and believe everything you say without thinking....
Which when i think about it, it probably is ok to do, since most people don't.
You have evidently been living under a rock the past three years! Want proof watch this!

Since: Dec 10

Madison, TN

#8 Sep 12, 2012
Yes wrote:
Did you hear about the big riot at one of america's embassy today. they burned the american flag and replaced it with a Muslim flag, one american was killed, one wounded etc. Well Obama gave 1.6 Billion dollars of the American tax payers Money to those very same people. He supports Islam every chance he gets. Oh my I could go on and on and on as to what he has done to this country but I have a feeling you're not buying any of it.
God see 2016 Obama's America it will tell you a lot about him if you really have an OPEN mind.
<quoted text>
hey stupid the question was WHAT EXACTLY HAS OBAMA DONE AGAINST THE COAL INDUSTRY.......and not anythingn about the clean air act...either that is for healthy conditions...and the guy who did the obama 2016 is muslim duh......
head outta your butt

Roanoke, VA

#9 Sep 12, 2012
shut to the hell up wrote:
<quoted text>hey stupid the question was WHAT EXACTLY HAS OBAMA DONE AGAINST THE COAL INDUSTRY.......and not anythingn about the clean air act...either that is for healthy conditions...and the guy who did the obama 2016 is muslim duh......
It was his executive orders to the EPA to not approve any new coal powered plants as well as to go back and pull permits on ones already approved but not built as well as his promises to bankrupt coal that has destroyed the coal industry...get your head outta our butt and stop drinking the kool-aid.
crazy

Nashville, TN

#10 Sep 12, 2012
People both parties are corrupt. Wake up. Neither one ot them are going to help the average working folks. I am neither a fan of Obama,Bush or Romney. I dont know how anybody in their right mind can defend any of them. The country is set up for the rich to win and the middle class to foot the bill. That will not change no matter who is president.
There is a third way

Roanoke, VA

#11 Sep 12, 2012
crazy wrote:
People both parties are corrupt. Wake up. Neither one ot them are going to help the average working folks. I am neither a fan of Obama,Bush or Romney. I dont know how anybody in their right mind can defend any of them. The country is set up for the rich to win and the middle class to foot the bill. That will not change no matter who is president.
That's why people need to vote for Gary Johnson of the libertarian party or write Ron Paul's name in.

Since: Dec 10

Madison, TN

#12 Sep 12, 2012
so basically what it boils down to is the president and epa want the companies to protect the environment and install new equipment and not to open any new coal companies with out them....ok so what is wrong with that the billionaire owners of coal companies and investors ....will have to give up some initial income...wow..but the overall effect might prevent the warming of the planet...and stop whole families living in the coal fields from developing some ailments..humm is that really worth the money..yeah i think it is..i place humanity way over the price of a dollar but then i work for a living and am not a billionaire...hummm so yeah lets fault the man for trying to help humanity and praise the rich owners and investors..and why wont anyone answer my question about ...PROFIT SHARING....industries and major companies thru negotions give profit sharing ..i got it thru bell atlantic and then verizon ...my uncle got it thru donally's in ohio...the union got us the right to receive shares of stock in the company we worked for...and even wal mart gives it full time workers a chance at shares in the company and at and t also and the motor companies.. so why not the coal industry even the rial road...hummm wow...yeah lets blame obama .....
Wow

Goodview, VA

#13 Sep 12, 2012
What an Idiotic suggestion!!!!!!!!!!
There is a third way wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why people need to vote for Gary Johnson of the libertarian party or write Ron Paul's name in.
Humm

Wise, VA

#14 Sep 12, 2012
He didnt put us 16 trillion in debt. Most was done before he even took office. What he has done to hurt coal is he allowed a very warm winter last year. He also has allowed natural gas to be over produced lowering it cost which casues it to be cheaper than coal. Nevermind that is is much cleaner also. But I am sure natural gas producers are happy unlike coal miners. He has given no more money to other contries than other presidents in the past.

And I do agree with "shut the hell up" shame on us for not wanting better enviroments for the future. If regulations are not put in place to protect us companies will destroy earth...just drive over towards black mountain or go to BSG walmart and look that way.

If incentives are put in place to push companies to find better ways of using coal, natural gas etc...it will be found because America is great and it can be done. But if companies are allowed to do what they always have progress will not be made and we will be SOL in a few decades.

Yes America is great even under Obama...people need to grow up and quit blaming and start finding solutions.

Since: Dec 10

Madison, TN

#15 Sep 12, 2012
Wow wrote:
What an Idiotic suggestion!!!!!!!!!!
<quoted text>
u are right ur suggestion is idiotic...lol
Blank

Big Stone Gap, VA

#16 Sep 13, 2012
Yes wrote:
Did you hear about the big riot at one of america's embassy today. they burned the american flag and replaced it with a Muslim flag, one american was killed, one wounded etc. Well Obama gave 1.6 Billion dollars of the American tax payers Money to those very same people. He supports Islam every chance he gets. Oh my I could go on and on and on as to what he has done to this country but I have a feeling you're not buying any of it.
God see 2016 Obama's America it will tell you a lot about him if you really have an OPEN mind.
<quoted text>
And this has WHAT to do with COAL exactly, "Hannity?"
Ughhhh

Nashville, TN

#17 Sep 13, 2012
If any other candidates do come into the running for president it will be another Ross Perot situation. It would take enough votes from Romney to allow Obama to win.
As someone said it's very easy for some to forget Obama saying that he would impose such high taxes that it would pretty much destroy any coal operated plants I just don't understand how anyone from this area could vote for Obama. I know people could possibly find other jobs, or be trained in another profession, but this is all most people know. Look at how many generations mining goes back. It has been the major job source for many men in this area, it has provided a comfortable living for many families. For every one coal miner that loses their job it trickles down and effects 7 other individuals and their jobs. Miners shop less, go out to eat less and that hurts our local merchants.
I don't think Romney can fix everything, but I also don't think Obama deserves another 4 years to finish destroying our country.

Since: Dec 10

Madison, TN

#18 Sep 13, 2012
Blank wrote:
<quoted text>And this has WHAT to do with COAL exactly, "Hannity?"
and christians would not be upset if someone came in with proof tht jesus was gay and that was why he never married or why he ran around with a lot of men...of course attack the beliefs of a religion and people get excited enough to strike back...how ever in an iliterate 3rd world country its going to get worse...and bloody...they dont know any other way..it is a world that still condones stoning for god's sake...but dont blame obama my god how childish or should we say illiterate you are
u are one of the types that kills the messenger and does nothing about the message.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Stone Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone heard any stories about "Hippy Hollow" i... (Oct '10) 3 hr Doc Gilbert 27
romanos 14 hr Reign 17
Guy working at Pal's Sun jill 3
FINCA, Restaurant Sun Truthfully 2
Is disco single? (Dec '15) Nov 18 Dude 4
Allen Brock Nov 18 Noone 22
Mark and Rhonda Nov 17 Redneck knob 1

Big Stone Gap Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Big Stone Gap Mortgages