First Prev
of 3
Next Last
airborne

Madison, TN

#1 Dec 18, 2011
they are suspending miners who pass drug tests until thier doctors write a letter making them liable doctors will not write the letter and you can not blame them and some only take medicine 2times a day after work and at bed time and their levels on the test were what they were supposed to be this is wrong
redhatcat

Church Hill, VA

#2 Dec 18, 2011
airborne wrote:
they are suspending miners who pass drug tests until thier doctors write a letter making them liable doctors will not write the letter and you can not blame them and some only take medicine 2times a day after work and at bed time and their levels on the test were what they were supposed to be this is wrong
Why wouldn't a legit Dr. write a letter if his patient was taking medicine as it was prescribed by him? This makes no sense. I think there are no scripts for the miners use and now he is unable to get one from his doc. To many miners eat meds like they are skittles and do not need to be putting legit miners lives at risk. Personally, I think that all miners need to be drug tested on a regular basis.
flower

Madison, TN

#3 Dec 18, 2011
the miners have a valid prescription from their doctors the drug screen was passed without any question and the miners suspended were given 3 days to get a letter and the doctor said you do not need a letter only the prescription you already have turned in to your supervisor redhatcat was right about 1 thing this does not make sense that they no longer accept a prescription from a family doctor i am a miner that takes 2 doses of my medicine a day after work and at bedtime and my drug tests prove that in a levels test the new company is up to something
coal dad

Madison, TN

#4 Dec 18, 2011
my dad is a christian and a veteran of the marines he was hurt while serving his country and now has to take pain medication after he gets home from work he has a valid prescription and passed the drug screen at work but is now suspended unless his doctor will write a letter that is worded so that it puts the doctor liable and the doctor wont do it so because my dad was hurt fighting for freedom and needs his medicine he can no longer work!!!!! I told dad not to get me anything for christmas but I know he will
Miner78

Paducah, KY

#5 Dec 18, 2011
Why don't they start testing for the Suboxin that so many are abusing now knowing they don't test for it on the drug screens, if a valid prescription and being within the levels is not accepted I would think that would be more of a safety concern than those miners who are working so hard and taking the prescriptions as prescribed etc. get the true addicts and abusers out of the mines and all the companies that are contracted to do work at the mine sites as well. I worked for a company out of Appalachia before getting on at the mine I am at now and they were all nothing but addicts going around to mines with the owner knowing working all pilled up and it is so dangerous for the few who worked there that were not addicts. Pray for the safety of out miners! God Bless
true

Murfreesboro, TN

#6 Dec 18, 2011
Well, you need to change doctors.I know they will write to any one with a legitimate cause.I think some people get addicted to those meds and take more than they should.They're alot of addicts in the mines and it's dangerous.I say if your pain is that bad,get on social security and stop risking other miners lives,it's dangerous enough under there without having a bunch of brain dead druggies under there.I praise them for doing drug test.
coal dad

Madison, TN

#7 Dec 18, 2011
true from wise is not in reality. coal dad wants more drug testing in the mines more often he only takes medicine at home and has nothing to hide you can do a levels test everyday, if they would that would be great so if TRUE is saying that medicine taken at 9;00pm would affect you at 7;00am he is silly that is not risking other peoples lives and they will not write anyone with a legitimate cause dads doctor turned down 65 miners that he sees it has nothing to do with legitimate cause he is just not going agree with the company letter that throws him under the bus and we do not blame our doctor yes praise them for the drug test but not the company letter
coal 99

Madison, TN

#8 Dec 18, 2011
one of alphas top mens wife is a pharmacist at food city in bsg this smells conspiracy
true

Madison, TN

#9 Dec 18, 2011
they are holding miners to standards your surgeion operating on you is not held, police to keep you safe, firemen,nurses,military,lawyer s,judges,etc. what gives?
doc

Madison, TN

#10 Dec 18, 2011
I work in the medical field and 1 in 4 are on some form of prescription narcotics does this mean we are druggies?

Since: Jul 11

United States

#11 Dec 18, 2011
After marrying a miner, I soon learned many things. One was the workers,especially the bosses were addicts along with the others on these shifts. They do drugs in and under and brag. Mostly roxy,oxy,tab,perks. And if someone decides to take a snooze from over doing it,it's allowed.now I'm worried about my son going under. He's drug free but will have his life put in danger everytime.if any of these workers are not abusing then go to the hospital at mines expense and get a toxicology report done. And have it read so the bosses know you're in your limits and safe. Good luck to all.
4thgenerationmin er

Church Hill, VA

#12 Dec 19, 2011
I have never heard of any company asking any doctor to relieve them of liability if an accident occurs. This makes no sense unless the prescription is for a narcotic that will impair the miner while working. If thats the case the I can see why NO doctor will assume the liability. It sounds to me like the company is using the "you can no longer work while taking this certain narcotic unless you have the doctor sign this release of liability form." That being the case, I can see the company weeding out many abusers who work underground. This the narcotics are prescribed to the miner then they are more than likely to take the medication while they are working and share or sell it to the other miners as well. As stated above, there are many who ABUDE this and risk the lives of non users.
STAY SAFE!!
drugh test randem

Nashville, TN

#13 Dec 19, 2011
drug test for suboxin a special test expensive levels of all drugs taken. if it is done right.levels of meds. says it all. i worked in mines 15 years been out mines 10 years drugs was over used back then. good luck
drugh test randem

Nashville, TN

#14 Dec 19, 2011
suboxin, soma and a few others cannot be detected with a urin test.
coolgal

Johnson City, TN

#15 Dec 20, 2011
R u crazy? Yes they can be detected in a urine test!
5th generation miner

Madison, TN

#16 Dec 21, 2011
Why can you drive a school bus,teach children,arrset people,judge people,perform surgery,lawyer,dentist,politci an,dig ditches,etc.but not work for alpha?THE STATE OF VIRGINIA states that you are NOT UNDER THE INFLUINCE if you take your medicine the night before around 9pm when you get up in the morning around 5am it is just in your system but you can perform any task without being impared that is why they don't take your licence when you get a prescription.Do you people not see something wrong here
dick

Madison, TN

#17 Dec 22, 2011
See this is why you dont SETTLE for a mining job. but for some reason people think it's prestigous. maybe coal will fall off again in the near future and all these dumbasses will be saying " Damn honey peel the stickers off the truck, im gettin a job at mc dondald's" oh and how we gonna afford pills,four wheeler tires, a lift kit, and a crotchrocket without and education????
noneya

Madison, TN

#18 Dec 22, 2011
When everything you have is paid for you don't have to bow down and be cowardly like some people who are "A REALLY SMART MAN" AND WON'T STAND UP FOR HIS WORKERS THAT ARE BEING DONE WRONG and you find out what kind of people you work with when things get rough.Merry Christmas!
coal99

Madison, TN

#19 Dec 23, 2011
Hope you office people are having a nice holiday!
true

Madison, TN

#20 Dec 24, 2011
Why did you do this to me?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Stone Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
summer cheyenne white (Mar '16) 13 hr bell 22
Sara mullins (Aug '16) 13 hr bell 30
Cash for ladies (Mar '16) 15 hr Little bit 5
prostitutes (Jul '15) 15 hr Little bit 18
Tanning salons in BSG (Jan '14) 21 hr Lovetotannnn 18
Prime serloin Thu Butcher 8
the music thread (Mar '12) Wed Musikologist 36

Big Stone Gap Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance