Class Action Lawsuit
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lane

Natural Bridge, VA

#1 Jun 11, 2010
I think that

Bobbie Hall, Travis Womer, Nikki Zirkle, Heather Moses, Clarence Hillman, Cindy Clark, Shanae Lomax, Mark Reed, Denny Rose, Chris Peterson, Tasha Phillips, Sam Jones, Paul Floyd, The Strattons, Eddie Phillips, Tim Doyle, Rick and Shadnee Childress, Jennifer Hernandez, Ben Franklin, Rhonda Richardson, Mike Dalton, Danny Bryant, Dr. Ford, Wayne Gilley, Vickie, Jeff, Jennifer Creech, Pat Porier, Dewey McCann, Travis Berry, Barry Williams, Megan Seals, Shawn Dean, Carrie Barker, Christopher Parsons, Jimmy Collins, Reese Scott and James David Barker

Should all come together and form a class action lawsuit against Topix for hosting discussions about them on this community
Yep

Murfreesboro, TN

#2 Jun 11, 2010
You left a few more names off that list......
carmel

United States

#4 Jun 13, 2010
R U a lawyer needing some money. Comes to the internet freedom of speech. Topix will protect it members right to privacy. Matter of fact the State of Virginia tried to to make Myspace release information about one of their users. California told Virginia to bad there is a right to privacy. If you don't like topix then leave you don't have to get on here. Maybe ppl get on here and pass rumors is it any different than me standing in Walmart gossiping about someone and spreading rumors.
nikkiz

United States

#5 Jun 13, 2010
I agree Lane, I am checking into things, not against Topix against ppl slandering my name
Lane

Natural Bridge, VA

#6 Jun 13, 2010
carmel wrote:
R U a lawyer needing some money. Comes to the internet freedom of speech. Topix will protect it members right to privacy. Matter of fact the State of Virginia tried to to make Myspace release information about one of their users. California told Virginia to bad there is a right to privacy. If you don't like topix then leave you don't have to get on here. Maybe ppl get on here and pass rumors is it any different than me standing in Walmart gossiping about someone and spreading rumors.
If what you are saying is so true then explain this.
http://www.ucdailynews.com/news/local/4021363...

Topix terms of service states that you cannot use their site to slander or harass people. Regardless of what you may think, they won't side with you if a subpoena is involved.

As far as Freedom of Speech, people think it applies to everything and it does not. This blog about Freedom of Speech is interesting. Everything that comes out of your mouth is not protected by the amendment. Whether or not you want to believe it, the misuse of your mouth can get you into trouble.

If you go outside into the street at 3AM and scream to the top of your lungs "WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP!!" You can be arrested for noise ordinances. If you yell "FIRE, FIRE FIRE!!!" in a crowded theater when there is no fire, you can be arrested for endangerment. If you work for a company and disclose their secret information to another company, you can be arrested for sharing trade secrets. If you spread a rumor that the local chinese restaurant is killing cats and serving them as chicken, you can be arrested for defamation.

If you want to scream out your opinion in a public square, most of the time, you need a permit for Public Speaking and could get arrested for not having one. There are many places that do not allow the public use of profanity, the owners will call the police on you for it.

Freedom of speech means that you can say what is allowed in a location, at an appropriate date and time, at an appropriate volume, if you have taken the proper steps to ensure you are legally able to speak there.

You are not even legally protected by saying "in my opinion".

Look it up, you may learn something.

As far is Myspace VS Virginia, I can't find anything on it. Laws change everyday and as far as I know, that could have happened 5 years ago.

All I know is people like the ones who come to this forum trashing others are contributing to the loss of everyone's privacy and rights online. Just like everything else, if people keep abusing it, one day there will be so many restrictions on it that there will no longer be any fun in it.
Lane

Natural Bridge, VA

#7 Jun 13, 2010
Sorry, I left out the link on the blog http://www.wineintro.com/about/forum/freedomo... but I summarized it.
Get Real

Natural Bridge, VA

#8 Jun 14, 2010
Lane wrote:
I think that
Bobbie Hall, Travis Womer, Nikki Zirkle, Heather Moses, Clarence Hillman, Cindy Clark, Shanae Lomax, Mark Reed, Denny Rose, Chris Peterson, Tasha Phillips, Sam Jones, Paul Floyd, The Strattons, Eddie Phillips, Tim Doyle, Rick and Shadnee Childress, Jennifer Hernandez, Ben Franklin, Rhonda Richardson, Mike Dalton, Danny Bryant, Dr. Ford, Wayne Gilley, Vickie, Jeff, Jennifer Creech, Pat Porier, Dewey McCann, Travis Berry, Barry Williams, Megan Seals, Shawn Dean, Carrie Barker, Christopher Parsons, Jimmy Collins, Reese Scott and James David Barker
Should all come together and form a class action lawsuit against Topix for hosting discussions about them on this community
You left several names off here, i think everyone that has been named on this board should sue, i think MECC should sue, I think Food City shoud sue, and I think the town of Big Stone Gap should sue for the slander that has been said about the students and professors at MECC, the slander that has been said about the employees at Food City and for the slander that has been said about various Big Stone Gap town residents, town employees and town police department members, and I think various other county employees, particular certain judges that have been slandered on Topix should all sue since Topix has allowed this vicious, mean-spirited, and defamatory comments stand.
David Wayne

Natural Bridge, VA

#9 Jun 14, 2010
I knew this was coming.
soonerorlater

Nashville, TN

#10 Jun 14, 2010
yeah you left several names off of your list. the sad thing is some of the people you listed that should sue for slander have slandered people on here thereself. So i dont think that is goin workout too well!!!!!!!!!!
dew

La Vergne, TN

#11 Jun 15, 2010
yes they have slandered others and if you ppl hate this website and find it so nasty, why do you keep getting on here commenting?
nikkiz

United States

#12 Jun 15, 2010
soonerorlater wrote:
yeah you left several names off of your list. the sad thing is some of the people you listed that should sue for slander have slandered people on here thereself. So i dont think that is goin workout too well!!!!!!!!!!
you just have to comment on everything, don't you? I find this so amusing that I tick you off!! I love it
dew

La Vergne, TN

#13 Jun 15, 2010
i am not ticked off. this was not addressed to you or any one person. i was just wondering why complain about the site and then get on here and read it and get pissed. you said you werent getting back on here, i did not say that. i dont think it is healthy for you, it just makes you feel grief and hate. you have to forgive yourself before anyone else will either. bury this crap and leave it dead. prayiing about it will do so much more than fighting with people. i am truly sorry you are having a hard time over all this. but, take it from me i have been thru a similar situation and it takes a lot of time for everyone to heal. the more you stir, the more it is going to stink and keep the mean circle going. think about this and try to let it go for you and your entire family. everyone has had enough pain. good night and go one day at a time.
tomcat

United States

#14 Jun 16, 2010
Lane wrote:
<quoted text>
If what you are saying is so true then explain this.
http://www.ucdailynews.com/news/local/4021363...
Topix terms of service states that you cannot use their site to slander or harass people. Regardless of what you may think, they won't side with you if a subpoena is involved.
As far as Freedom of Speech, people think it applies to everything and it does not. This blog about Freedom of Speech is interesting. Everything that comes out of your mouth is not protected by the amendment. Whether or not you want to believe it, the misuse of your mouth can get you into trouble.
If you go outside into the street at 3AM and scream to the top of your lungs "WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP!!" You can be arrested for noise ordinances. If you yell "FIRE, FIRE FIRE!!!" in a crowded theater when there is no fire, you can be arrested for endangerment. If you work for a company and disclose their secret information to another company, you can be arrested for sharing trade secrets. If you spread a rumor that the local chinese restaurant is killing cats and serving them as chicken, you can be arrested for defamation.
If you want to scream out your opinion in a public square, most of the time, you need a permit for Public Speaking and could get arrested for not having one. There are many places that do not allow the public use of profanity, the owners will call the police on you for it.
Freedom of speech means that you can say what is allowed in a location, at an appropriate date and time, at an appropriate volume, if you have taken the proper steps to ensure you are legally able to speak there.
You are not even legally protected by saying "in my opinion".
Look it up, you may learn something.
As far is Myspace VS Virginia, I can't find anything on it. Laws change everyday and as far as I know, that could have happened 5 years ago.
All I know is people like the ones who come to this forum trashing others are contributing to the loss of everyone's privacy and rights online. Just like everything else, if people keep abusing it, one day there will be so many restrictions on it that there will no longer be any fun in it.
The myspace incident happened aound a year ago, I seen it on CNN or Fox. Myspace got out of it because it had something to do with the right to privacy. I use to be a company spy I sold most of our info on technology- electronics to China. I made great money doing it to. I never got in trouble for it. Yes I have shouted in the streets 3 am in the morning outside of a bar and no I wasn't
arrested. I have told a waitress off a few times I wasn't arrested. If I don't like someone I will gossip about them at the park with everyone else. If you dont like topix then leave nobody said you have to get on here. Defamation of character is very hard to prove. Do you really think the courts are going to take the time out to listen to you whine about how somone hurt your feelings on topix.

Look around we got bigger problems all around us. If you think you can get it changed then go march right up to Washington protest. Protest in the streets of Big Stone gap now that is something I would like to see... Oh of course thats not going to happen ppl are to lazy to do anything. All through History yes ppl have been arrested, voicing their oppinion but it was the only way to get the laws changed. Majority of the time if you are causing a scene in public the police will just ask you to leave. If you give the cops any problems then yes you will be arrested. op
tomcat

United States

#15 Jun 16, 2010
I read your link and one of them was a lawyer. I read the full story about a year ago. That couple was accused of a nasty crime. If you accuse somone for crimes on children, and that person hasn't been convicted for that then yes you can be in some hot water. Remember this just because your awarded 3 million from joe blow around the corner don't mean you are going to get it.
nikkiz

United States

#16 Jun 16, 2010
dew wrote:
i am not ticked off. this was not addressed to you or any one person. i was just wondering why complain about the site and then get on here and read it and get pissed. you said you werent getting back on here, i did not say that. i dont think it is healthy for you, it just makes you feel grief and hate. you have to forgive yourself before anyone else will either. bury this crap and leave it dead. prayiing about it will do so much more than fighting with people. i am truly sorry you are having a hard time over all this. but, take it from me i have been thru a similar situation and it takes a lot of time for everyone to heal. the more you stir, the more it is going to stink and keep the mean circle going. think about this and try to let it go for you and your entire family. everyone has had enough pain. good night and go one day at a time.
"dew" go back and read my post...I was replying to "soonerorlater"....n ot you! I appreciate your comments.....thanks!!
nikkiz

United States

#17 Jun 16, 2010
dew wrote:
THanks a bunch!! please read my post from this reply...I was talking to "soonerorlater" not you!! thanks!
silly

La Vergne, TN

#18 Jun 19, 2010
ridiculous
Anonymous

Murfreesboro, TN

#20 Jul 6, 2010
just 2 l3t u kn0w i cr4ck3d n2 af3w 4nd i w1ll t3ll u th4t th3r3 4r3 m4ny l4w enforc3m3nt p30pl3 her3 s0 b c4r3ful wh4t u s4y it might com3 back on u 1f y0u no wh4t 1 m34n
but no l4wy3rs well none that matter anyway

H4ck th3 pl4n3t
what

Church Hill, VA

#21 Jul 7, 2010
system you are not clever with your typing!
uhemm

Church Hill, VA

#22 Jul 12, 2010
Well Lane, what about you re-typing all their names again...not so clever...so ahould they also sue you too?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Stone Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Witch on High Knob? May 17 BroomRider 4
Hilltop Trailer Park May 16 Hoot hollow 5
removed post May 15 Greg 7
Shaun Smith May 15 god help you people 17
Donald Trump (Aug '16) May 13 RalphF 63
Hospital Security Apr 25 Uhhh 5
BBT down. Mar '18 Mechelle 14

Big Stone Gap Jobs

Personal Finance

Big Stone Gap Mortgages