Are t?hey having lay offs and do you know who or what departments
Wondering also

White House, TN

#2 Feb 6, 2011
Don't know but probably will be
worker

Raven, VA

#3 Feb 9, 2011
Id say expect your pink slip any day. Whats going on with this cut back stuff?
PRN123

Hermitage, TN

#4 Feb 9, 2011
Well my guess would be with all the remodeling that Brash is having done, he has to make up for that somehow. The amount of money being put in to it is ridiculous. He obviously cares more about how the place looks than the quality of equipment and employees.
Vicarious

Hermitage, TN

#5 Feb 9, 2011
Yeah, I agree the quality of the equipment and the efficiency of the staff should be more important than the appearance. It doesn't look run-down or anything, I'd rather be taken care of by the best using the best machines.
Big girl09

Vinton, VA

#6 Feb 10, 2011
My mother went to welmont hospital in 2009, and told them that her stomach was hurting and she couldnt use the bathroom. They told her nothing was wrong and sent her home. This went on for 3 weeks. My mothers stomach had swollen and my father finally convienced her to go to norton, they mediflighted her from there to johnson city. My mother had a tumor in her colon and couldnt use the bathroom for 4 weeks. It was cancerous and had to go through chemo. Welmont needs to burn for what they did to my mother.
PRN123

Hermitage, TN

#7 Feb 10, 2011
I understand your disgust and I am sorry for the way you and your mother were treated, but don't crucify the entire health system over one ignorant decision by a staff member.
James Endolor

Roanoke, VA

#8 Feb 10, 2011
It does not seem she was "crucifying" the whole system. An abdominal x-ray would have shown the obstruction. A staff member? More than just a "member" but a doctor handling emergencies in the E.R. It says "this went on for three weeks". If they did contact the hospital it compounds the error. If not, they certainly should have as we all have to take care of ourselves because no one else will.
PRN123

United States

#9 Feb 10, 2011
James Endolor wrote:
It does not seem she was "crucifying" the whole system. An abdominal x-ray would have shown the obstruction. A staff member? More than just a "member" but a doctor handling emergencies in the E.R. It says "this went on for three weeks". If they did contact the hospital it compounds the error. If not, they certainly should have as we all have to take care of ourselves because no one else will.
"Wellmont needs to burn" that's pretty much crucifying the entire system considering lonesome pine is not the only Wellmont hospital. I'm sure that the doctors at lee regional or Holston valley had nothing to do with this situation but yet they are a part of Wellmont.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Stone Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keeping the Town of Big Stone Gap Honest (Sep '15) 1 hr grape vine 39
God Fearing church going folks 4 hr Christian 17
Ricky campbell Tue aaabbbcc 1
prostitutes (Jul '15) Tue bigdickjohn 15
black bears Jun 20 justme 7
Dollywood out of control expensive (Apr '15) Jun 12 Shelly 11
New Peoples Bank Jun 5 poop 1

Big Stone Gap Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance