Here we go

Norton, VA

#41 Aug 27, 2012
The month of September 2012 Alpha will have another round of lay-offs effecting Virginia Mines.
genius

Madison, TN

#47 Aug 30, 2012
ok so what
hmm

Rosedale, VA

#48 Aug 30, 2012
The power of rumors.... amazing.
I will beyour huckleberry

Madison, TN

#49 Sep 13, 2012
They have never had any layoffs.
True

Norton, VA

#50 Sep 13, 2012
It's coming!!!
The Missus

Madison, TN

#51 Sep 14, 2012
Thank you, Cannot catch us. You are giving everything that a drug tester needs to know. I am guessing that you are just a kid, so dad needs to thank you when a big burly man or woman handles his penis when he gives his sample.
so what

Madison, TN

#52 Sep 16, 2012
The Missus wrote:
Thank you, Cannot catch us. You are giving everything that a drug tester needs to know. I am guessing that you are just a kid, so dad needs to thank you when a big burly man or woman handles his penis when he gives his sample.
If our brave men and women serving this country are subject to the same type of thing,why do you feel you are better than them?They have to do that every time they give a sample,but I guess your above them.
The Missus

Madison, TN

#53 Sep 17, 2012
Hey,so what, I'm with you and sick of all these posts about how easy these tests are to fake. I want to see everyone getting state or federal money also have to give random drug tests.
Happening

United States

#54 Sep 18, 2012
Just read that alpha is closing 8 mines today in Va. Wva. and Pa. 400 jobs right of the bat. Total will be 1200 jobs lost. Thanks again Obama.
Obama Built Job Loss

Roanoke, VA

#55 Sep 18, 2012
Happening wrote:
Just read that alpha is closing 8 mines today in Va. Wva. and Pa. 400 jobs right of the bat. Total will be 1200 jobs lost. Thanks again Obama.
That's right, thanks again Obama for your efforts to "bankrupt" the coal industry...that's one campaign promise you have kept. 1,200 jobs lost in coal will translate into many tens of thousands of more in the service industry in the areas where those mines close. Remember this in November.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2012-09-18/alp...
Happening

United States

#56 Sep 18, 2012
The snowball effect of this closings will immediately affect others jobs/incomes. From various services 1200 jobs is just the start. The numbers will be higher just from this recent rounds.Two of the mine closings are said to be in Appalachia. I pray for my family and the other families in our area being affected by this. I also pray that our country bans together and vote Obama out! We have less than 50 days before the election. Support Romney and support Coal.
Just Saying

Murfreesboro, TN

#57 Sep 18, 2012
Happening wrote:
The snowball effect of this closings will immediately affect others jobs/incomes. From various services 1200 jobs is just the start. The numbers will be higher just from this recent rounds.Two of the mine closings are said to be in Appalachia. I pray for my family and the other families in our area being affected by this. I also pray that our country bans together and vote Obama out! We have less than 50 days before the election. Support Romney and support Coal.
Go read Romney policies on his webpage. He is not for coal... he is for NUCLEAR PLANTS. Voting him in will not do you a damn bit of good. Vote RON PAUL he is for coal. Yes, he is still running. I think all the coal miners should dress in their work clothes and march to Congress. We got to do something then wait on an election.
Happening

United States

#58 Sep 18, 2012
Ron Paul doesn't stand a chance I like him too but I am putting mine where it will count. Anyone is better than Obama so why waste a vote on Ron Paul.
Just Saying

Murfreesboro, TN

#59 Sep 18, 2012
Happening wrote:
Ron Paul doesn't stand a chance I like him too but I am putting mine where it will count. Anyone is better than Obama so why waste a vote on Ron Paul.
Every vote counts... does it not. How would it be wasted if enough people vote for him. I would rather know that I voted for someone who could save us then GIVE IN. At the end of the day when the world goes to shit... At least I can live with knowing that I tried to vote for what I know would save the Coal Industry.
Just Saying

Murfreesboro, TN

#60 Sep 18, 2012
So, are you going to stand up or you just going to follow everyone else because it's easier?
Happening

Sarasota, FL

#61 Sep 18, 2012
I stand for coal too! Coal raised me. I myself have never been a miner. But I love coal and support it 100 percent. Romney will help the industry a lot more than Obama. He will also help dig us out of this mess we are in. I vote for what I believe in free trade, religion, guns, all the other rights given to us in the constitution . I don't follow I make my own decisions. I am also pro life. That is why I will vote for Romney. No one could want Obama out worse than me. I have two children and he is taking away their future. Romney will help protect that future generation.
Vote Ron Paul

United States

#62 Sep 18, 2012
Happening wrote:
I stand for coal too! Coal raised me. I myself have never been a miner. But I love coal and support it 100 percent. Romney will help the industry a lot more than Obama. He will also help dig us out of this mess we are in. I vote for what I believe in free trade, religion, guns, all the other rights given to us in the constitution . I don't follow I make my own decisions. I am also pro life. That is why I will vote for Romney. No one could want Obama out worse than me. I have two children and he is taking away their future. Romney will help protect that future generation.

Read his polices.. When we go to war with China... Who will protect your family? When we put up nuclear plants and piss off enough countries to the bomb those nuclear plants we have... Who will protect your family? I have a child and my entire family has been in the coal industry.. So your not telling me shit I don't know. So, before you vote read their policies...
Vote Ron Paul

United States

#63 Sep 18, 2012
Also, if you would do some reading on his policies.. You would already know he wants to change the constitution. The very thing this country was founded on.
Happening

United States

#64 Sep 18, 2012
Not trying to tell u anything or get in a pissing contest. If we go at it w china who will protect any of us. We will have to do it ourselves. It wont be the current administration. Romney will beef up our military. That is one thing i am for my tax dollars going towards.We have our rights to an opinion. You have yours and I have mine. We also can agree to disagree. You either help Obama get out or don't. Obviously the thing we both agree most on is getting him out. I will do my part. Ultimately it's in God's hands anyway.
Happening

United States

#65 Sep 18, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Stone Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rename miners park 54 min Calvin 62
Lovelady pill heads 4 hr Haha2017 1
God Fearing church going folks (Jun '16) Sun Hypocrites 76
Whitney Bolling & her husband (Jun '11) Sep 22 A concerned smith 12
Why is Abraham so stupid Sep 22 Leave it here 3
stereo for sale $275 obo (Jan '13) Sep 15 Antiques 7
Dr. Neal Davis R.I.P. Aug 31 So sad 2

Big Stone Gap Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance