Next Last
-Just Me

Radford, VA

#1 Mar 22, 2012
anyone see a strange object in the sky tonight moving over BSG
Yes

United States

#2 Mar 22, 2012
I see it on average 3 times a week. I wondered if anyone else ever did or if it was just me. Glad to know I am not crazy.
-Just Me

Radford, VA

#3 Mar 22, 2012
r u serious or just putting me on because I'm serious. It went right over the top of our house and Ive never seen anything quiet like t.
-Just Me

Radford, VA

#4 Mar 24, 2012
i think someone is making homemade hot air baloons with plastic bags and candles
wondering

Cambridge, MA

#5 Mar 24, 2012
Ive seen something twice in Exeter. It was like a bright light it didnt blink. Just went across the sky both times and just disappeared out of no where! It was freaking weird!
Yes

United States

#6 Mar 24, 2012
The reason I never told any one is afrade people would say I am crazy or I am lying. other people see it too. Now I know I'm not crazy
truth

United States

#7 Mar 24, 2012
i think it is preacher john mccaroll blowing guys balls clean off with his mouth
wondering

Herndon, VA

#9 Mar 24, 2012
My mom seen it too. Att first she thought it was an airplane but i knew right off it wasnt! Because airplane lights blink and that one didnt! I have no clue what it is? I wonder though... Its interesting thats for sure!
I Hate You All

United States

#10 Mar 31, 2012
Those are called Sky Lanterns. Or it could just be aliens.
Pooh

Herndon, VA

#11 Mar 31, 2012
wth is a sky lantern?
Cody Petty

United States

#12 Apr 2, 2012
Tom Petty had a beard.
ummm

Natural Bridge, VA

#13 Apr 14, 2012
wel another one of these strang flying object went over my house again tonight. My neighbors had convinced me it was a sky lantern but now Im convince it was NOT. It looked exactly like the last one. A big round light with the light coming out all around the item. It was traveling fast much faster than any wind would have taken it plus thee was no wind out tonight. No noise whatsoever. strange.
well

Blacksburg, VA

#14 Apr 15, 2012
You know what everyone says about 2012. The end of the world as we know it. Anyway what could they possibly want in a place like BSG. If we had a nuclear plant or weapons of mass destruction i can see it. Its a hoax people.
180moviedotcom

Blacksburg, VA

#15 Apr 15, 2012
UFO's, aliens, whatever are demons. It's a part of the Great Deception.
Old Timer

Kodak, TN

#16 Apr 15, 2012
They are coming back, they told me so.
-Just Me

Natural Bridge, VA

#17 Apr 16, 2012
Well it's definitely a UFO because I don't know what it is.

I just want to solve the mystery and find out what these things are. All my neighbors have seen them and it's strange. They make no sound, move quickly across the neighborhood and are a very bright light as some have described a ball of fire.
depends

Herndon, VA

#18 Apr 16, 2012
I thinks its some kind of government thing or maybe a new military airplane to be disgiused as a star lol
Lew

Murfreesboro, TN

#19 Apr 16, 2012
Is that thing still out there? I saw it for the first time in 2002 while delivering pizza up on Wallens Ridge. It's very bright and makes no sound at all. The last time I saw it was late in 2009. I AM a firm believer in UFOs but I have been wondering if it might be a mapping satellite of some sort as it always seemed to fly the same path, I don't know.
But I'm glad that I am NOT the only one who has seen it.
Melvin Hicks

Roanoke, VA

#20 Apr 17, 2012
Lew wrote:
Is that thing still out there? I saw it for the first time in 2002 while delivering pizza up on Wallens Ridge. It's very bright and makes no sound at all. The last time I saw it was late in 2009. I AM a firm believer in UFOs but I have been wondering if it might be a mapping satellite of some sort as it always seemed to fly the same path, I don't know.
But I'm glad that I am NOT the only one who has seen it.
After you and a couple of friends see something as big as a house silently fly over your head,
maybe 500 feet above you...well, you stop laughing and get a little scared.

I REALLY wish I had not seen others but I have. Three close-up sightings of something weird, total.
One looked like it COULD be a secret type of aircraft but it was fast and silent, triangular-shaped, lights at the points of the triangle with a funny-colored light in the center. It was about 5:00 AM and it just flew over the hills around my house traveling SW just as casual as you please but moving...no hovering, it was cruising. I just happened to be looking in the right direction.

My basic points are that there really are weird things in the sky. They could be lots of things. I don't have a clue what I saw but you KNOW when it cannot be a man-made aircraft. Seeing a moving point of light in the sky is not much of a UFO sighting. I know that you were describing something larger, earlier, point is most of us know a possible satellite or meteor from an airplane. If it behaves unlike any of those it is technically a UFO, right?

To be very honest my advice is this: if you see one, hide. Don't make yourself obvious. Wait till it leaves and then leave yourself. DO NOT stop to collect your $200.00, keep on going quickly to a populated area. These things have a bad feeling about them. Maybe they are just scary by the way they move but I don't think it is a good idea to get too involved. It is like going in through one of those gray service doors at the Mall that says DO NOT ENTER. Good Idea.

Oh, you will NEVER figure out the truth as to what they are. Evidently we aren't MEANT to know.
Bubba

Dayton, OH

#21 Apr 17, 2012
OK, lay off the weed...it will get better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Stone Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone heard any stories about "Hippy Hollow" i... (Oct '10) 14 hr Doc Gilbert 27
romanos Mon Reign 17
Guy working at Pal's Sun jill 3
FINCA, Restaurant Sun Truthfully 2
Is disco single? (Dec '15) Nov 18 Dude 4
Allen Brock Nov 18 Noone 22
Mark and Rhonda Nov 17 Redneck knob 1

Big Stone Gap Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Big Stone Gap Mortgages