Norton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Do people know it was President Bush who scheduled the fiscal cliff tax cuts to end during his successors term? The current administration extended them once because of the terrible shape the economy was in after Bush left. The second expiration of these cuts are driving us to this so called CLIFF. Bush & his advisers knew the tax cuts could not stay in place because it was a irresponsible fiscal move that would cause long term harm to the country. He knew his administrations economic plans were failing & tried to cover his failure by stimulating the economy with tax cuts. The cuts also padded the pockets of his closest partners. Imagine how bad things would have gotten had his tax cuts not passed. I taught economics for many years & most of my students who studied these cuts could have told you it was a terrible idea & an economic/political bomb waiting to happen. If the cuts happen to end we will return to the same rates that were in effect when Clinton was in office. His economics lead America to one of much prosperity.

People are actually still posting pie charts and stuff on Facebook and Twitter that say someone who makes 500,000 will see a tax increase of 120,000. That a 30% increase. The chart shows the rates going from 35 to 39 or something like that...when it would actually go from 36 to 39.5%. This increase amounts to 18,000 increase not 120,000. Huge Difference and Huge Idiot who would believe that and re-post it. People look very stupid re-posting stuff in which they have no clue of its accuracy.

Bush's EPA also scheduled the new coal regulations that have gone into effect recently to take effect during his successors term, causing the blame to fall on Obama. The EPA has passed new laws under Obama that will be also phased in gradually, 4 years, but he will also get the blame for those changes...not altogether fair is it.

I still hear people saying stupid stuff like death panels...when in fact it a group of people who decide which treatment will be paid for...Guess what...that is what HMO and PPO's do now. I hear things like elderly wont be able to get medical treatments once they turn 75 under the new plan. Keep in mind these people have never read the new laws they are only repeating lies and misinformation that were intended to cause wide spread fear and sway voters. How stupid do you have to be to believe this stuff.

Speaking of wide spread fear...back to Coal. Many, but not all, of the mines who laid off people did so to cause fear hoping to steer their workers into voting a certain way. In fact the US is mining more coal now than the last 4 years of Bushs' term. This area is down as compared to other ares of the country but there are other reasons for that. My husband was in coal mining for 30 years and he could give you many reasons for that. The remaining lay offs were due mostly to warm winter, large stock piles and the declining cost of mining natural gas in the NE. The declining cost to mine Natural Gas was the only reason Haliburton pulled from this area costing us many jobs.

I suggest people do some deep research into issues and learn the facts. Facts are good. Facts cant be disputed and proven wrong. Keep posting, copying and sharing lies and mis-truthful info and you will continue to look stupid. If you continue you can expect others to call your dispute your claims. Don't take is personal, don't feel as if you or a family member is being attacked when someone doesn't agree. If you put it out there for us to read don't expect everyone to just sit back and think all people will agree with you. Don't think all replies will be in support of your stance, and don't be so shallow as to delete others post that don't support your side..that goes against all America stands for and YOU are whats wrong with this country. I have grand kids that are more mature and less brain washed than most of the people who post stuff online. Grow UP...act your age. Be a leader not a complainer.
spot on

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Very good and accurate post.
Yes Man

Norton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Wow. I am glad someone else said it. LOTS of stupid stuff posted here and Facebook... And when you respond they delete you and talk behind your back and say your attacking them. Look it up people.
LOL

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

dumbass democrats
Deportation Chairperson

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

That's enough lol. You are being put on the top of this list of deportees. Pack your bags and your stuff. Alaska you will go!
Lover

Cleveland, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Lol.... Don't turn me in. Turn in the one who post stupidity and don't expect some one to correct them. The ones who are so immature they won't even listen a rebuttal because they are so hard headed.. They think they can talk without consequences or listening to other views.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Big Stone Gap Discussions

Search the Big Stone Gap Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
narcs for sure (Dec '10) 3 hr I heard 35
High Knob Conservation Agency 23 hr clean up 1
portal to hell? (Aug '09) Wed haunted places 81
big words and big lies Wed fan 3
Food City Wed Blahhhh 120
Hot people at Union? Tue Manny 1
GM Sucks Tue Boycott GM 1
•••
•••