She got shot in the head
wow

Norton, VA

#3 Nov 22, 2012
by who? where? why? details please...
grandmother of 5

Gaffney, SC

#4 Nov 22, 2012
Don't post things like that on here. Have some respect for her family. Goodness they are going enough.
who

Big Stone Gap, VA

#5 Nov 22, 2012
got shot?
Tell us

Natural Bridge, VA

#6 Nov 22, 2012
Who got shot and what happened?
huh

Norton, VA

#7 Nov 22, 2012
Who shot her?
who dat?

Wise, VA

#8 Nov 23, 2012
Wait...Janae who??
hmmmm

Johnson City, TN

#9 Nov 24, 2012
Foster
wow

Norton, VA

#10 Nov 24, 2012
who shot her? what were the circumstances?
Why

Natural Bridge, VA

#11 Nov 24, 2012
Wasn't there anything in the local papers if she really got shot. I didn't see anything at all about a shooting.
yes

Norton, VA

#12 Nov 26, 2012
She did get shot! Maybe they're not releasing info right now due to an investigation. Does anyone know who shot her?
yeahthatsher

Wise, VA

#13 Nov 26, 2012
i heard it was a guy by the lastname huntley&supposedly i was told it was an accident because he was trying to clean his gun&she got in the way&the trigger went off is what i was told but i don't know and i hope she's ok after she had her brain surgery&hop her little girl is fine too
iss

Natural Bridge, VA

#14 Nov 26, 2012
Saw on the local news tonight where the guy was arrested so I guess it was not an accident. I had the volumne turned down and did't get it all but I thought they said it was a Foster. I may be wrong but some dude was charged.
iss

Natural Bridge, VA

#15 Nov 26, 2012
MICHAEL L. OWENS

A football player at the University of Virginia’s College at Wise was charged Monday evening with shooting a woman in the head at a Norton mobile home park last Wednesday.

Melquan Huntley, 21, a third-year student from Newport News, Va., is charged with felony counts of unlawful discharge of a firearm in an occupied dwelling and the unlawful shooting of a person, confirmed Norton Police Department Capt. Roger C. Cooke.

Jahnae Foster, 18, was shot once as Huntley showed a gun to some friends, Cooke confirmed. He would not cite the type or caliber of gun suspected in the shooting.

“This is an open investigation and we’re not going to give out much information,” Cooke said.

Meanwhile, Foster remains hospitalized at Johnson City Medical Center, where she was airlifted Wednesday night.

Huntley is listed on the UVa.-Wise roster as a fullback for the Cavaliers and graduate of Warwick High School out of Newport News.

His status with the school remains uncertain, said college spokeswoman Kathy Still.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with Ms. Foster and her family during this terrible time,” Still wrote in an email.“Given that charges were filed against Mr. Huntley, our dean of students will take any actions deemed necessary following a thorough but swift review."

Foster was shot after stopping by Huntley’s home at Greene’s Mobile Home Park off Kentucky Avenue to see her friends, Cooke confirmed.

afriend

Big Stone Gap, VA

#16 Nov 26, 2012
Instead of all this noseyness...Please say a prayer for Jahnae and her family right now...Start a Prayer chain for them and her baby girl!
excellent idea

Salem, VA

#17 Nov 27, 2012
afriend wrote:
Instead of all this noseyness...Please say a prayer for Jahnae and her family right now...Start a Prayer chain for them and her baby girl!
I agree, I hope people will pray for this young woman and her family. There is a link at wjhl for all of the curious: http://www2.wjhl.com/news/2012/nov/26/6/norto...

but dont just read the story, take the time to say a prayer for her.
afriendof quan

Big Stone Gap, VA

#18 Nov 27, 2012
I pray for the girl but also please pray for quann. He would have never intentionally hurt her. Accidents do happen. and I can only imagine what he is going thru as well as the young lady that is fighting for her life. Quann is a good guy and my heart is with all of them.
Friend

Radford, VA

#19 Nov 28, 2012
Was just told that Jahnae passed away. Prayers going up for her family and loved ones...especially her child. Rest in peace sweet Jahnae!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Stone Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why does wise county need so many cops 1 hr Curious 3
Israel adams 11 hr Curious 1
Pepsi (Jan '16) 19 hr Lol 24
Are E- Cig's allowed in school? (Dec '10) 22 hr ChromiuMan 101
Comcast. (May '16) Thu Paco 6
Comments number manipulation Thu Boldcamper 1
Apartment Fire?? Wed Williams 3

Big Stone Gap Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance