Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins an...

Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

There are 23244 comments on the El Paso Times story from Nov 2, 2010, titled Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#13497 Aug 7, 2012
NRH Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Suxboy, you don't have the slightest idea about what my world is like. I work, pay taxes and don't depend on govt handouts. The exact opposite of you I'm sure.
No you do not. You do not work, you get handouts and you are a welfare puppy.

Location hidden

#13498 Aug 7, 2012
NRH Man wrote:
<quoted text>
"Your comments are as useless as your definitions."
At least my comments make sense.
Your comments are other people's propaganda coming through your PC. You have never had a rational or original thought in your life.

All you are is rightwing anti-American propaganda 24/7.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#13499 Aug 7, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comments are other people's propaganda coming through your PC. You have never had a rational or original thought in your life.
Oh great, you're back Suxboy. I was getting worried about you, well not really. I guess they couldn't hold you in the psych ward more than 72 hours?

Location hidden

#13500 Aug 7, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
So how about it Suxboy, still sticking to your story that solyndra started under Bush?

Location hidden

#13501 Aug 7, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
No you do not. You do not work, you get handouts and you are a welfare puppy.
An unemployed crazy troll living in moms basement calling someone else a "welfare puppy" is pretty ironic, don't you think?
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#13502 Aug 7, 2012
Bernard Forand wrote:
LOL defiant to the end. Facts above his head and yet…. Oh well his cavern of exile. Whatever floats his boat. As a vet of foreign wars, this freedom is one of those I fought for defiant to enjoy. Be it as it may.
What gets me outraged and my bacon a sizzling, are the ones who seek to take away my vote and other citizens as well as the returning vets. Defiant STOP reading here, about to go into some facts again.
08/06/2012
Tula Connell
&#65532;
U.S. military veterans severely criticized Mitt Romney today for supporting laws limiting the right of residents to vote in states like Ohio and Pennsylvania, where Republican-controlled legislatures recently enacted new voting laws. In a press conference this morning, the veterans also took Romney to task for accusing President Obama of suppressing the vote of military veterans because the Obama campaign filed a lawsuit seeking to block an Ohio law that restricts a successful early voting program.
Said former Rep. Patrick Murphy (D-Pa.), who served two deployments in Iraq after 9/11:
When it comes to Mitt Romney, I feel he’s in a bizarro world. He’s suppressing millions of votes in this election and then he lies and says President Obama is trying to suppress the vote. That couldn’t be further from the truth.
After the 2000 presidential election voting debacle, Ohio enacted a series of laws to protect the right to vote, including a 2005 measure allowing in-person early voting three days prior to the election. This year, the Ohio Republican legislature eliminated the three-day early voting period, for everyone except members of the military. The Obama lawsuit seeks to restore voting rights for all Ohioans, not just those serving in the armed forces.
Also speaking at the press conference today, which marks the 47th anniversary of the signing of the Voting Rights Act, Former Rep. John Boccieri (D-Ohio), an Iraq and Afghanistan war veteran, says Romney’s attack on Obama is not based on facts but is “purely political.”
It’s saddening to see Republicans use veterans as cover fire for their true motives, which is to make it harder to vote across the state.
In Pennsylvania, Republican state lawmakers this year passed a law that severely limits the type of identification acceptable for voting—making more than 400,000 voters in Philadelphia alone unable to meet the new requirements, and making a military ID unacceptable. That means “we have veterans who served in Iraq and Afghanistan” who don’t have a driver’s license and so can’t vote, said Murphy.
The way the Republicans wrote the bill in Pennsylvania,[a military] ID isn’t good enough to vote.
Gil Parr (above), who served in the U.S. Airforce from 1962-1965, is among veterans in Pennsylvania whose military ID isn’t good enough to let him vote.
Also speaking at the press conference, sponsored by the Center for American Progress, Maj. Gen.(ret.) Paul Eaton, a 30-year U.S. Army veteran, had the strongest words against Romney’s potential role as the nation’s commander-in-chief. Saying the military looks for “cool, calm, predictable leaders,” Eaton said,
I regret that we have someone in the Republican Party right now who is failing on each count.
This atrocity produced by the republican party is just simply “UNAMERICAN”
The only cavern around here is the one between your ears. The fact that you follow every little thing that these two losers have to say, shows
that you don't have a life.

Romney isn't the only one living in a bizzaro world, judging from your posts. The fact that you're nothing more than a government suck-ass
makes YOU “UNAMERICAN”.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#13503 Aug 7, 2012
Bernard Forand wrote:
Breaking from Newsmax.com
Carter to Back Obama at Charlotte Convention
Former president Jimmy Carter will tape a video speech that will be shown in prime time on the second night of the Democratic National Convention, Sept. 4, the convention committee announced Tuesday.
Carter won’t be able to make it to the Charlotte confab, he said in a statement, Politico reports. The former president didn’t say why.
Editor's Notes:
“President Carter is one of the greatest humanitarian leaders of our time and a champion of democracy around the globe,” Democratic National Convention Chairman Antonio Villaraigosa said in a statement.
“A lifelong champion of human rights and investments in education and energy to spur economic development, President Carter will provide unique insight into President Obama’s ability to move our country forward and why we need his vision and leadership for a second term.”
For his part, Carter said, "Rosalynn and I regret that we will be unable to be at the Democratic Convention this year in Charlotte. However, we remain steadfast in our support for President Obama and the progress he will make in the next four years."
Carter received the Nobel Peace Prize in 2002, an honor awarded to Obama in 2009.
His attempts to get Green energies going was destroyed by Reagan, crying from the roof tops, OIL,OIL, OIL. Another fine mess the republicans got us into. Now the rest of the world are outpacing us in Alternative energies. China to be #1 in green within a few more months. USA is somewhere around 37 th.
Created more Jobs in his 4 years than all of the Busch’s in their 12 years and 4 years of Reagan’s. 16 years of republicans to match the poor weak Carter’s record on Job creation.. He gets Nobel Peace Prize and the republicans are mystified? How come? How did he do it? Observe Mittens out there on foreign diplomacy. Just glad he got back before getting us into another war.
Nrh; define Nobel Peace Prize.. Will it be the same today as it will be tomorrow or even for a century ago? Hint Teddy…
Here is what will be featured at the convention; http://youtu.be/EQwrB1vu74c Ya gota love our Mittens.
Jimmy Carter, another worthless loser from the past. LOL

Location hidden

#13504 Aug 7, 2012
"When attempting to engage in baseless speculation over what it is that's in Mitt Romney's tax statements that's so embarassing he'd rather take the heat for non-disclosure, I think it's important to remember that he was actively running for president in 2007 and 2008.

That means it's relatively unlike he was doing anything during those years that he thought couldn't withstand scrutiny. So why not release a nice even five years of tax data? Perhaps because of something that happened in 2009.

Something like this:

Wealthy U.S. taxpayers, concerned about an Internal Revenue Service crackdown on the use of secret overseas bank accounts as tax havens, are rushing to meet a Thursday deadline to disclose those accounts or face possible criminal prosecution. The concern was triggered this summer when Switzerland's largest bank, caught up in an international tax evasion dispute, said it would disclose the names of more than 4,000 of its U.S. account holders."

slate

So, what in the hell is so unacceptable in Tricky Mitt Romney's tax returns that he would rather have GOPOXers yell at him to reveal them?

Would they show that Tricky Mitt Romney committed felonies? Would they show that Tricky Mitt Romney did not pay taxes for 10 years?

What would they show?

What in the world could be so UNACCEPTABLE about Tricky Mitt Romney's financial history?

“Behave Yourself”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

#13505 Aug 7, 2012
Texan wrote:
Photo, finger prints, the first step to Let me see your papers zieg heil. Voter fraud my ass, it's about control. Like I said I show my DL every election, no big deal. I've listened to him speak, his grammar is worse than my third grader grandson. I've seen the lost look on his face while one of his handlers whispers in his ear. Like I said he has trouble speaking in complete sentances. And the only gun control I need is good aim.
OK, so you get your photo and a fingerprint taken for your DL. Does that rate a "seig heil" as well? If you show your DL, then a Voter's Registration Card is unnecessary. Obviously you have no problem with more government infringement on what has been a simple (voting) process since its inception. Too bad for you as not all of us feel the way you do.
bart

United States

#13506 Aug 8, 2012
wow
mhb

Seagoville, TX

#13507 Aug 8, 2012
lol
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#13508 Aug 8, 2012
no finger print for my DL dumbass.
waco 1954

United States

#13509 Aug 8, 2012
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jimmy Carter, another worthless loser from the past. LOL
Jimmy Carter is a good person.As well as a good man.

“Behave Yourself”

Fort Worth, Texas

#13510 Aug 8, 2012
Texan wrote:
no finger print for my DL dumbass.
If you obtained a Texas DL, you gave an index finger print, Tex. Save the name calling for third graders and the intellectually challenged, unless of course, you fall into one of those catagories.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#13511 Aug 8, 2012
No, I did not, and the only challenge to my intellect is dealing with people like you who THINK they know everything.
Obama

Joshua, TX

#13512 Aug 8, 2012
Perry sux and is phu kin stupid that's that.

“Behave Yourself”

Fort Worth, Texas

#13513 Aug 8, 2012
Texan wrote:
No, I did not, and the only challenge to my intellect is dealing with people like you who THINK they know everything.
When or where did I say I knew everything? Sounds like you need a few lessons in etiquette. We can disagree without hostility. Have a nice day, my friend...
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#13514 Aug 8, 2012
waco 1954 wrote:
<quoted text> Jimmy Carter is a good person.As well as a good man.
I won't dispute that Jimmy Carter is a good person, but he was a lousy President IMO. Same with Obama. He's probably a nice guy but as a
President, he sure is lacking.

Location hidden

#13515 Aug 8, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
"When attempting to engage in baseless speculation over what it is that's in Mitt Romney's tax statements that's so embarassing he'd rather take the heat for non-disclosure, I think it's important to remember that he was actively running for president in 2007 and 2008.
That means it's relatively unlike he was doing anything during those years that he thought couldn't withstand scrutiny. So why not release a nice even five years of tax data? Perhaps because of something that happened in 2009.
Something like this:
Wealthy U.S. taxpayers, concerned about an Internal Revenue Service crackdown on the use of secret overseas bank accounts as tax havens, are rushing to meet a Thursday deadline to disclose those accounts or face possible criminal prosecution. The concern was triggered this summer when Switzerland's largest bank, caught up in an international tax evasion dispute, said it would disclose the names of more than 4,000 of its U.S. account holders."
slate
So, what in the hell is so unacceptable in Tricky Mitt Romney's tax returns that he would rather have GOPOXers yell at him to reveal them?
Would they show that Tricky Mitt Romney committed felonies? Would they show that Tricky Mitt Romney did not pay taxes for 10 years?
What would they show?
What in the world could be so UNACCEPTABLE about Tricky Mitt Romney's financial history?
"What in the world could be so UNACCEPTABLE about Tricky Mitt Romney's financial history?"
Why won't Obama release his college transcript from Columbia? What's so secret about it?
Why are they working so hard to keep it secret?
bet ya

Brownwood, TX

#13516 Aug 8, 2012
Nrh That is exactly what Romneys answer should be!
Produce the tax returns the very minute Obama releases all documents relating to his education, from Jr. high on.

What you will find is high school poor grades. And an entire post high school education of a poor to middle class black man. Lacking the GPA to get into law school or the funds. Enrolled of some affirmative action program and paid for on grants.

And every step of the way claiming to be a foreign exchange student to help get the grants and other special treatments. He knows he has used his lack of citizenship to his advantage...and even if he lied to get the grants, its enough to cost him the election.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Spring Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 2 hr Farting 902
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 15 hr Farters 742
jade helm 15 May '15 Beware 4
News TX Preps for USAa s largest peace time military... Apr '15 j-bone 2
Debate: Trayvon Martin - Stanton, TX (Jun '12) Apr '15 j-bone 3
horrible town, with horrible people Apr '15 friendly 2
News Texas Highways features Hotel Settles, Big Spring (Jul '13) Mar '15 Truluck 4
More from around the web

Big Spring People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Big Spring Mortgages