Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor. Full Story
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#20524 Sep 21, 2013
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
More cut and paste drivel?. People learned cut and paste in kindergarten. Further evidence that you are into your second childhood Blarney.
Right wing, no facts, no substance, no comprehension, etc, etc.

Liberal International Free Trade Markets are taking a bite out of our overpriced medical Health Care systems. One of many examples is Mr.Shopenn of Warsaw Indiana, who required a hip replacement recently. Arthritis had set in making standing a painful exhausting effort even for short periods of time. He had the necessary health insurance but was told they would not cover it. They determined the arthritis was pre existing condition from an earlier sports injury.
Desperation motivated Mr.Shopenn to seek his solution. First he obtained a large discount thru a friend for a hip joint implant for $13,000. Then how much would the hospital charge to have it installed. Best price he could find was $65,000, Not including surgeons fees. Mr.Shopenn’s life savings indicated this was not acceptable.
Learning of the growing medical tourist seeking their medical procedures in various other areas of the world. Thailand, India, are two he turned down and settled for hospital in Brussels which offered the entire procedure, hospital room for 5 days and 1 week of therapy, with all expense’s paid including his round trip air fare for a total price of $13,600!
After his replacement and return to the USA he commented; “We have the most expensive health care in the world, but it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the best,” Mr. Shopenn said.“I’m kind of the poster child for that.”
Mr.Shopenn’s discount, for the hip implant alone, is not appreciated by the privately insured in the USA who get billed up to 3 times that $13,000 discount of Mr.Shopenn. Dr. Blair Rhode, an orthopedist entrepreneur who manufactures hip implants explains the actual cost to one hip plant implant in the USA total cost is $350. Cost increase is stimulated by a cartel of 5 manufactures here in the USA . Averaging 5% increase per year in cost to implants, by tweaking older models and patent them as new models. Raising the prices on hip implants, knee implants, sterilized pieces of tooled metal, plastic, or ceramics, etc.
Dr. Peter M Cram of the University of Iowa, discovered in his studies for the high cost for the USA’s Health Care. The Cartel of 5 ferociously guard their domains from foreign manufactures with trade policies, patents and an expensive Food and Drug Administration approval process that deters start-ups from entering the market.
There are as many as 13 layers of vendors that must be paid before the hospital even gets its hands on the implant device. Running at $4,500 to $7500 for a hip implant cost to the hospitals who then raise that cost up substantially prior to installation.{MD Buying and Orthopedic Network News}
Joe Catugno billed $100,000, at the Hospital for Joint Diseases of N.Y., of which his insurer Cigna paid approximately $70,000 remainder for Joe to pay. Mills-Pensinsula Health Services in San Mateo Calif. Billed Susan Foley $112,317 of which $26,000 remained for Susan to pay. Sonja Nelson’s hip replacement at Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola Fl. Accounted for $30,581 of her billed total charge of $50,935. Insurers to negotiate limited responsibility for the differences.
Competition and large increase in demand for these services has Not lowered the prices. On the contrary they have risen.
Now we can only speculate how much Obamacare will suppress these cartel driven prices? How much will the catering charges cost, for the Feds catering to the states that require, due to the austerity ideologues of the republicans obstructions to Obamacare.

DC Dave

El Paso, TX

#20525 Sep 21, 2013
Closed I said!!!!!Don't make me cry.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#20528 Sep 21, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
Lets get to the root of our problems. Finical Inequality that is promoted by republicans to feed their lords and masters of the 1%. Now they further seek to expand those inequalities to favor their 1%. Higher tax on the poor little rich boy? Nay, Nay, Nay, Provide affordable quality education? Nay, Nay, Nay, Throw another 3.8 million down to desolation row with no food to them. Yay, Yay, Yay. Deny them primary Health Care Yay, Yay, Yay.
Now for some icing. Hold up our Nations finances as hostage. LOL lower credit means interest rates go up on the loans for the debt. Multi $ Billions in additional cost to be rewarded to the coffers of the 1% and Chinese coffers.
Its only the nature of this beast to be as it is. http://neweconomy.net/content/wealth-inequali...
Democrats are in charge, so how do you explain this O' wise one?.

U.S. disability rolls swell in a rough economy

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/econom...
oh really

Houston, TX

#20529 Sep 21, 2013
Yes she did win! She is a true friend. We laugh we cry we love and we hate. But she has my back when it matters. SHE IS A TRUE SOLDIER.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#20530 Sep 21, 2013
oh really wrote:
Yes she did win! She is a true friend. We laugh we cry we love and we hate. But she has my back when it matters. SHE IS A TRUE SOLDIER.
oooh kaay, if you say so.
maggg11

Ashburn, VA

#20531 Sep 21, 2013
Ghost
new black panthers

United States

#20532 Sep 21, 2013
we will succeed in the killing of whitey and browney tacos. my native american friends the white man has taken yo land and the true spanish man has to. you have been kicked out of your land and we have been enslaved, its time we stand together and kill the white man and mexicants tacos and ther babies. stop the progression of them. with obamas and eric holders and homeland security after all they have over a billion rounds of ammo we can diss arm the white man and mexicants and turn the tables on them.
really

Forney, TX

#20533 Sep 22, 2013
new black panthers wrote:
we will succeed in the killing of whitey and browney tacos. my native american friends the white man has taken yo land and the true spanish man has to. you have been kicked out of your land and we have been enslaved, its time we stand together and kill the white man and mexicants tacos and ther babies. stop the progression of them. with obamas and eric holders and homeland security after all they have over a billion rounds of ammo we can diss arm the white man and mexicants and turn the tables on them.
Good luck with that since 63% of America is still white plus another 18 - 25 % Hispanic VS 12.6 % African American plus .9% native Americans I think y our chances of taking this land is pretty small but if you want to try go for it.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#20535 Sep 22, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>Good luck with that since 63% of America is still white plus another 18 - 25 % Hispanic VS 12.6 % African American plus .9% native Americans I think y our chances of taking this land is pretty small but if you want to try go for it.
Not to mention that these threads are monitored by Big Bother with an extra long nose. Black Pampers is being watched with or without government approval.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#20536 Sep 22, 2013
Greyhound the new psychotherapy treatment for the mentally handicap.
Let us follow a patient that has some retention to reality. His name is David Thesien.
It all began a year and half ago in Las Vegas where he threatened to kill himself with a butchers knife. Spent a night in the Las Vegas psychiatric center and then was bussed off to San Francisco. One day supply of medication and enough food for a few days and the clothes on his back, is dumped in San Francisco with no knowledge of the city or any social relations nor medical assistance.
City attorney Dennis Herrera, stumbled across Mr. Thesien and now represents Mr. Thesien in a class action suite, representing 24 mentally ill and homeless individuals. All from Nevada!
Att. Herrera, with a little bit of investigating discovered an estimate of over 1,500 suffered similar fates originating from the Rawson-Neal Psychiatric Center in Vegas.
Attorney Mr. Herrera has served notice of suit to Nevada’s Attorney General Catherine Cortez Masto. Thus far no comments from the Att. General but an e-mail from a Mary Woods, of the Nev. Dept. Of Health and Human Services, states that all protocols were carried out were correct in line with their “Back To Home Communities” policies.
Mary is referring to programs that several Hospitals through, out our USA, have at their disposal. Originally it was to reunite Psychiatric patients into more favorable environment, with family relations, friends and medical assistance. Abuse occurs as patients are bussed out with no oversight responsibility.
Ronald S. Homberg of the National Alliance On Mental Illness in Washington admits they have dropped the ball. Never ever have done a study on this subject that has been increasing from many years past. He had heard of “Euphemistically therapy as a Greyhound solution. Never researched it??
Presently Mr. Thesien has a small free room and $100.00 from the city every month for food and medication! He roams the libraries and streets seeking employment as a cook.
Fortunate for our society when Mr. Thesien went off the deep end, he was suicidal to himself only. What if were the other way around and I’ll take as many with me as I can. LOL Where is that GUN!

new black panthers

United States

#20537 Sep 22, 2013
you forget we have the support of obama and eric holder and homeland security. eric said he couldnt prosecute us for protesting the killing of whitey in 08 at the voting pole stations in philly. yea beitches we got homeland security to help us diss arm your white and brown azzes so we can take ova. you keep just believing we are only twelve percent. we breed like rabbits and we proud of it. we will take over this country and inslave the whites and browns after we take yo guns and the government knows.
Are You That Stupid

Padre Island Ntl Seashor, TX

#20538 Sep 22, 2013
you forget we have the support of obama and eric holder and homeland security. eric said he couldnt prosecute us for protesting the killing of whitey in 08 at the voting pole stations in philly. yea beitches we got homeland security to help us diss arm your white and brown azzes so we can take ova. you keep just believing we are only twelve percent. we breed like rabbits and we proud of it. we will take over this country and inslave the whites and browns after we take yo guns and the government knows.
You should have said that you breed like rats, after all that's what you are. The new black pampers WILL take shit from anybody.
John

San Antonio, TX

#20539 Sep 22, 2013
I'm ready for your black ass.
Please, please, please try to do that . I live for that day boy!
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#20540 Sep 22, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm ready for your black ass.
Please, please, please try to do that . I live for that day boy!
John you are so easily baited and hooked. Some deranged individual claims they are this or that and say attack here and there or these people or those and you faithfully follow your new leader. A fragrance of a Bushwhacker drifts along with such nonsense.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#20541 Sep 22, 2013
Predatory lending and exploitation of the impoverished has surpassed historical records.
From the Pay Day loan sharking at 300% and up. To cabbies purchasing food stamps from the winos and selling back to them at .50 cents per cigarette or liens debts driven up from a $500. original debt to a $5,000 to take possession of real estate adventures. Or used cars sold with flaws to be reposed and resold at huge interest rates.
Factors of inequality has not yet been added into this quagmire of predators roaming our streets legally through the deregulated policies of our recent republican administration.
Presently the cost to our society has been demonstrated in the rise of the poverty within our nation. Something the Media shies away or ignores. May 2013 University of Michigan’s National Poverty Center wrapped their latest analysis on that subject.
Using the World Bank’s definition for poverty they found 1.65 million households, with 3.55 million children in residence, in the USA qualified for extreme poverty.
1996 poverty was at 636,000. This means they survive on less than $2 a day per person or $8 for a family of four.
N.Y.C. has reached a record high in June 2013 with 50,926 homeless seeking shelter according to the Coalition for the Homeless.
Middle class has lost approximately $5,000 in earnings stressing their obligations to keep their heads above water. Price of Inequality remains at increasing ratios that rewards the 1%.
http://neweconomy.net/content/wealth-inequali...
Republicans pursue austerity. Democrats pursue distributions. 2014 your vote.

Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#20542 Sep 22, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
Greyhound the new psychotherapy treatment for the mentally handicap.
Let us follow a patient that has some retention to reality. His name is David Thesien.
It all began a year and half ago in Las Vegas where he threatened to kill himself with a butchers knife. Spent a night in the Las Vegas psychiatric center and then was bussed off to San Francisco. One day supply of medication and enough food for a few days and the clothes on his back, is dumped in San Francisco with no knowledge of the city or any social relations nor medical assistance.
City attorney Dennis Herrera, stumbled across Mr. Thesien and now represents Mr. Thesien in a class action suite, representing 24 mentally ill and homeless individuals. All from Nevada!
Att. Herrera, with a little bit of investigating discovered an estimate of over 1,500 suffered similar fates originating from the Rawson-Neal Psychiatric Center in Vegas.
Attorney Mr. Herrera has served notice of suit to Nevada’s Attorney General Catherine Cortez Masto. Thus far no comments from the Att. General but an e-mail from a Mary Woods, of the Nev. Dept. Of Health and Human Services, states that all protocols were carried out were correct in line with their “Back To Home Communities” policies.
Mary is referring to programs that several Hospitals through, out our USA, have at their disposal. Originally it was to reunite Psychiatric patients into more favorable environment, with family relations, friends and medical assistance. Abuse occurs as patients are bussed out with no oversight responsibility.
Ronald S. Homberg of the National Alliance On Mental Illness in Washington admits they have dropped the ball. Never ever have done a study on this subject that has been increasing from many years past. He had heard of “Euphemistically therapy as a Greyhound solution. Never researched it??
Presently Mr. Thesien has a small free room and $100.00 from the city every month for food and medication! He roams the libraries and streets seeking employment as a cook.
Fortunate for our society when Mr. Thesien went off the deep end, he was suicidal to himself only. What if were the other way around and I’ll take as many with me as I can. LOL Where is that GUN!
Interesting. Nevada is Harry Reids home state.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#20543 Sep 22, 2013
Better leave things alone. Retards like you would die in the street from starvation regardless of what your race is. Even a lowly piss ant has
the intelligence to feed itself. Cretins like you don't.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#20544 Sep 22, 2013

A letter to my republican representatives and senators.
Due to mismanagement of my financials last year had to reconstruct a new budget for the family. So until I come up with a unified budget plan, I will be shutting down my checkbook and delaying payments to all of my needs as well as my Taxes. I’m sure you can understand. Thank You very much for setting the example.

Supreme Court justice scales have lost their balance. Selling our Democracy to the highest bidder..
ForReal

Padre Island Ntl Seashor, TX

#20546 Sep 22, 2013
Hey Bernie, the letter you copied from Political Loudmouth actually started out Dear Congress. Some people will take credit for anything. BUSTED
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#20547 Sep 22, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
Supreme Court justice scales have lost their balance. Selling our Democracy to the highest bidder..
That was best demonstrated by their ruling on Obamas CommieKare. Thank you Blarney for posting something that I can agree with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Sandy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Upshur Rural Electric - Cooperative (Jan '14) Dec 19 Steveo 4
Meeting on bond issue election draws pointed re... (Oct '13) Dec 19 Steveo 3
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Karen Pate Hart Dec 17 Noplaya 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Fartology 752
Kelly Wilson (Feb '08) Nov '14 williamhammockJR 126
who knows deborah prater A.K.A. -- deborah prat... (Oct '10) Nov '14 bobby L 15
Big Sandy Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Big Sandy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Big Sandy News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Big Sandy

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News