upshur county sheriff"s sgt under inv...

upshur county sheriff"s sgt under investigation

Posted in the Big Sandy Forum

UPSHUR RESIDENT

Longview, TX

#1 Aug 31, 2010
Anyone know why Sgt. Norred is really on leave? I hear rumors daily around Gilmer and wonder why they are keeping this so quiet. Can anyone confirm it relates to a female he stopped on traffic stop? The Sheriff should know that trying to keep this type thing quiet simply makes people talk more.
Susan

Tyler, TX

#2 Aug 31, 2010
They are all corrupt.
Anonymous

Tyler, TX

#3 Sep 18, 2010
Yes he was placed on leave several weeks ago and was fired Monday. It partially has to do with a female on a traffic stop but also some much more serious allegations. The rumor is that he will be indicted at next grand jury after a lengthy investigation by Texas Rangers...and we ain't talkin the baseball team, I mean the Big Boys. It's good that he is finally getting what he has coming to him. He has been doing this of years.
Anon

Tyler, TX

#4 Sep 18, 2010
Susan-
I can understand how you feel about Law enforcement in general. However the fact that the Rangers investigated him and found wrongdoing which led to his firing and im sure his arrest proves that not all cops are corrupt. Also from what I hear the UCSO is not at all taking up for him and are all completely supportive of the victims that Sgt. Norred took advantage of. Restores my faith in the system to an extent. Way to go Texas Rangers!
Anon

Tyler, TX

#5 Sep 18, 2010
Susan wrote:
They are all corrupt.
He was actually fired this week. Also I saw something about it on KETK56 this morning so I'm sure there is more to come.
Rascal

Taylor, AR

#6 Sep 19, 2010
Susan wrote:
They are all corrupt.
Especially the city of Gilmer and Upsshur Co.
Willie Granville

United States

#7 Sep 19, 2010
Like I have said before 2 thing will get you into trouble in Upshur co. or the state of Texas is SEX & MONEY. It is odd all my years I never had a problem with the county, it was always the DPS. The city I had no problem with, although never hung around there often. I will wait and see what the investigation shows. Who knows this guy could have been set up, we all know how the state and counties are about COVER UP to protect each other.
Anon

Diana, TX

#8 Oct 5, 2010
He was fired and he was not set up, he was the one setting up people. This all relates to theBig Sandy Officer that was arrested for assault on his wife. This officer was charged with Assault and sex assault accordingto news reports and I have heard about that since I work in Upshur County. The thing is with these crimes that most folks dont know is that it all boils down to whether or not she agree or consented to it. Of course, everyone knows this about the sex assault, but the deals the same on the physical assault too. That case sounded fishy to me from the beginning, and now they say that the victim and former officer are living together again and dropped their divorce, so I am sure that there may be something to do with Norred setting him up and coercing her to make the charges in the first place. I hear from several reliable sources that Norred is in trouble for crimes related to setting up the Big Sandy Officer, and after all, say whatever you want, he had no business involved in an out of county investigation anyway. The truth will come out and the public will see that, but it seems to me that Norred has no credibility, this other officer and his wife have made up, and Norred has done crap like this to other people as well and repeatedly tried to solicit sex on duty, and they say the Big Sandy Cop is a sexu7al predator, ya right?
CONCERNED

Diana, TX

#9 Oct 21, 2010
He is a sexual predator a freak a sorry piece of crap if you ask me. He has hid behind his badge to long and now it got him right in the butt. Way to go TEXAS RANERS!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Sandy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 27 min Farts 940
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jul 25 fartman 762
News Residents rally for Hawkins sign before Monday'... Jul 20 Louie John Brown 1
Jessica Cargil Jul 18 mercy 4
News Smith County Constable John Smith announces run... Jun 29 What a joke 3
i Truely do miss you (Jul '10) Jun '15 Anonymous 2
News Latest Fowler charge dropped (May '11) Jun '15 DeanFowlerIsWonde... 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Big Sandy Mortgages