Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns

Oct 4, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Corner

Imagine your home catches fire but the local fire department won't respond, then watches it burn.

Comments (Page 2,821)

Showing posts 56,401 - 56,420 of58,309
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

thats an hour roundtrip to bring more. since money is not important for you. you should buy them enough equipment to bring enough water for any fire.
oh and did i mention that 20+ years ago the county established a county fd on paper. they keep trying to get a tax increase to fund it but the residents of the county vote it down everytime. they like the fee better than another tax.
YEAH YOU DID IT

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
first STOP YELLING. it is rude.
second. their pumper pumps 600 gpm. their tanker carries 3000 gallons. thats 5 minutes and they are out of water then an round trip to being more. you obviously know nothing about firefighting.
third. as i said before the ones who have no compassion are those like you who expect the firefighters to risk life for "stuff".
fourth. the firefighters were following orders they do not own the equipment. the city does. paid for by city taxpayers.
fifth. because of people like you, the city stopped responding to the county, leaving them with no protection. good job.
why go when you dont have enough water and lets not be a fireman because thats to risky .get you a job at walmart .its alot safer...

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

YEAH YOU DID IT wrote:
<quoted text>why go when you dont have enough water and lets not be a fireman because thats to risky .get you a job at walmart .its alot safer...
actually they have other jobs. they are volunteers. when you grow up and leaen a few things you may understand how life works.

“DaJudge's Rulings Are Final”

Since: Sep 10

Proud to be a Troll

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

YEAH YOU DID IT wrote:
<quoted text>THATS JUST IT THERE WAS NO COMPANSION.IF THE FIRE WAS ALMOST BURN DOWN WHEN THEY GOT THERE ,THEN THEY SHOULD OF HAD ENOUGH WATER TO PUT IT OUT.AND WHY WOULD YOU GO TO A FIRE WITHOUT ENOUGH WATER TO BEGIN WITH.
The trailer was fully engulfed and the fire had started to spread. They went with one truck. They didn't know it was spreading until they arrived on the scene. They can't exactly take all the trucks to a fire outside the city limits. What if there had been another call inside the city limits??

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

WarriorJudge wrote:
<quoted text>
The trailer was fully engulfed and the fire had started to spread. They went with one truck. They didn't know it was spreading until they arrived on the scene. They can't exactly take all the trucks to a fire outside the city limits. What if there had been another call inside the city limits??
Nearest I can figure it is either a kid or a liberal. same mentality.. nothing has to be paid for. How are you WJ?
YEAH YOU DID IT

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>actually they have other jobs. they are volunteers. when you grow up and leaen a few things you may understand how life works.
bull they are not volunteers .those guys was getting paid .i know one of them.
YEAH YOU DID IT

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

WarriorJudge wrote:
<quoted text>
epecially without water

Proud to be a Troll

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

YEAH YOU DID IT wrote:
<quoted text>epecially without water
That is true. Hope you stay warm this weekend and have a good one.

Proud to be a Troll

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>Nearest I can figure it is either a kid or a liberal. same mentality.. nothing has to be paid for. How are you WJ?
Doing good, NTM. How are you?? Got cold and snowy last night. Now it's just COLD...LOL

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

YEAH YOU DID IT wrote:
<quoted text>bull they are not volunteers .those guys was getting paid .i know one of them.
That is not what the reports said at the time and since WJ is a local to this maybe we can get some clarification. At any rate, IF they were paid firefighters then there is all the more reason for them to follow the orders of their superiors. If they did not, they could lose their job as well. I still would like to see you go into a burning mobile home and try to extinguish it.

BTW I was wrong about the equipment I was trying to work from memory because the SFFD took their site down shortly after this happened. I see they have put it back up now and while it says nothing about them being paid it does list all of their equipment.

Here it is:

Engine 2151, 1000 gpm pump, 750 gallons onboard water supply.
Engine 2152, 1000 gpm pump, 500 gallons onboard water supply.
Tanker 2171, 500 gpm, 1800 gallons of water and porto tank.
Brush Unit 2181, 25 gpm, 150 gallons of water.
Command Unit 2196, cascade system.

If they took every piece of equipment out and left the city totally unprotected they would have 3200 gallons of water, with the combined capability of pumping 2525 gpm. That that would not even touch a fully involved shed, let alone a trailer. They have to use it as they see fit to protect firefighters in rescue and prevent spread to neighboring structures. Not just to save "stuff". In the city there is not this problem because the city has hydrants. While I am not sure, I have not found any reports of hydrants in Obion County and have not found a county water system listed. Many counties, one figure I found was about 15%) in this country still rely on owners having their own well water instead of a paid water system that would have fire hydrants. In fact most of those residents prefer it that way. Why by water when they can pump their own a lot cheaper?
It is times like this when I like to quote then 6 year old son of a former employer. His favorite saying was, "Don't you know nothin'?".

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

WarriorJudge wrote:
<quoted text>
Doing good, NTM. How are you?? Got cold and snowy last night. Now it's just COLD...LOL
I have avoided most of the bad stuff just hard to decide what to wear with the temp fluctuations these days. LOL
kubydoo

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Imagine driving your uninsured car and you get in a wreck. Luckily for you there is an insurance adjustor standing on the side of the road - simply whip out your checkbook and purchase a retroactive policy right there on the spot, right?
Uh, I don't think so.
If you're looking for sympathy, Mr. Cranick, try the dictionary between sh*t and syphilis.
Wow

Medford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Gyhu

Since: Feb 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

very conserned person wrote:
yeah i hope it dose to i have'nt heard anything about it were i live but im thinking of telling the tv station were i live about it cuz i think every city or town need's to know about this so hopefuly this dose not happin in there town to i think everyone need's to know about this it's crazy to know that a fire dpt anywere in the U.S.A. would let this happin look at 9/11 wen the hole state came together to fight the fire wen the twin tower's burnt to the ground that dose not speek very highly of the fire fighter's in south fulton dose it i mean come on ppl wth is going on in our world today to let a fire dpt let a house burn to the ground just becouse someone did not pay money to keep that from happing wth like i said before they need to fire every one of the fire fighter's who let the house burn to the ground cuz that's not right at all hell water is free they did not even try to put it out i need to stop wile im a head cuz im gunna say something that i can't post on here god bless the familey that lived in that house i hope they get help with everything that they need i would sue the hell out of the city of south fulton that's all im gunna say good luck to the familey who's house that burned
wow...i can't even read this post. It doesn't make any sense.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

If more Parents would do this, it would put a Stop to what's going on in our Schools. That Principal should be fired!
----------
"Gallatin Parents Plan To Sue School Because Of Bullying."

Click here:
http://www.wkrn.com/story/21089121/gallatin-p...
Gyhu

Tver, Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

WoW
Gyhu

Tver, Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

I need a new name.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Gyhu wrote:
I need a new name.
So do I!
WoW

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Lite N Lively wrote:
<quoted text>
So do I!
I just did.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Has anybody heard anything about a Woman's Body being found on the side of the Interstate at the 137mm, west-bound, today?

I-40 has the Westbound Lane shut down and is detouring traffic down Hwy.13 to Waverly.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 56,401 - 56,420 of58,309
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Big Rock Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Big Rock People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance