|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Wildman-27 wrote:
<quoted text>I was saying that a agree with the law about assualt rifles because you never hear of people hunting with them and if they do hunt with them. The cali. of the Ar-15 is just a 223 round that aint even a big game gun you would have to hit the deer, bear, or elk perfect in the heart. I dont think just any Tom, Dick, or Harry should be able to buy one. I will never buy one cause I dont need to hunt with anything more than 4 bullets if you cant kill something in 3 shots you dont need to be hunting but that is me.
i agree
roxy bear

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Wildman-27 wrote:
<quoted text>what do u mean wat u wanna be doing what is bby english please lol
i wanna play wit u bby ;)
Free America

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Gov't. has the Right to "Regulate" those Arms! Quote...WELL 'REGULATED' MILITIA...Unquote!
The militia is to be regulated, but the right of the people to keep and bear arms "shall not be infringed".

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Free America wrote:
<quoted text>
The militia is to be regulated, but the right of the people to keep and bear arms "shall not be infringed".
You're correct, but I fail to see how the two quotes are contradictory to each other, referring to what the Federal Gov't. has proposed.
the savior

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>You're correct, but I fail to see how the two quotes are contradictory to each other, referring to what the Federal Gov't. has proposed.
you stink

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Wildman-27 wrote:
<quoted text>I was saying that a agree with the law about assualt rifles because you never hear of people hunting with them and if they do hunt with them. The cali. of the Ar-15 is just a 223 round that aint even a big game gun you would have to hit the deer, bear, or elk perfect in the heart. I dont think just any Tom, Dick, or Harry should be able to buy one. I will never buy one cause I dont need to hunt with anything more than 4 bullets if you cant kill something in 3 shots you dont need to be hunting but that is me.
First of all, an AR-15 in .223 is an EXCELLENT weapon for hunting coyote, fox, etc.

Secondly - and more importantly - the 2nd Amendment mentions nothing about the individual's right to bear arms being predicated upon using those arms for hunting.
ManeBrane

North Augusta, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Gov't. has the Right to "Regulate" those Arms! Quote...WELL 'REGULATED' MILITIA...Unquote!
The Supreme Court has decided, our right to bear arms is not dependent on being a member of a militia.
Free America

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
You're correct, but I fail to see how the two quotes are contradictory to each other, referring to what the Federal Gov't. has proposed.
I wasn't indicating contradiction, simply clarifying that the government, state government, was responsible to regulate the militia for its own protection, not regulate the firearms. Remember that when this was written the states were free and sovereign and associated into a voluntary union with each other; Appomattox changed that.
Free America

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Nuh_ and ManeBrane, both excellent points.

This may seem off topic, but it needs to be raised in this forum and others.

CSCOPE:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/07/cs...
qexxex

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

youtube.com/watch...
Is There a Man in your Head?
roxy bear

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Lmao yepyep,my hubby,wubby jbear is lways n my head,wuvs my hubby,wubby jbear,only u,my heart <3
roxy bear

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Im not gonna worry nemore my jbear bcoz ik that u will protect me n u have wanted revenge for a while now,it wasnt jst bcoz of wat i told u today,uve wanted it for a good bit n yes,i got u sweetheart,lways
Citizen x

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Sometimes amendments serve to restrict rights later. I am a hunter, avid gun owning sportsman, president of our county hunting club. I just want to make sure this amendment will not hurt us later. Can anyone advise?
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

The following was appended to Article XI, Section 13 of the Constitution of the State of Tennessee.

The citizens of this state shall have the personal right to hunt and fish, subject to reasonable regulations and restrictions prescribed by law. The recognition of this right does not abrogate any private or public property rights, nor does it limit the state's power to regulate commercial activity. Traditional manners and means may be used to take non-threatened species.

This was an amendment, not an Amendment. It was a change or clarification to an existing article, not a new and separate article. It passed overwhelmingly, but the fact is that it changes the word 'right' to a term that represents a permission or privilege. This may be missed by those who didn't study their English homework, but if you don't understand the language, you can't understand what is being said.

Citizen X, this amendment certainly allows the government greater control and the people less authority. Your concerns are very well founded, and real.
Sam

Smithville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Need to control game. And there are already too many regulations with limits.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Done my homework wrote:
The following was appended to Article XI, Section 13 of the Constitution of the State of Tennessee.
The citizens of this state shall have the personal right to hunt and fish, subject to reasonable regulations and restrictions prescribed by law. The recognition of this right does not abrogate any private or public property rights, nor does it limit the state's power to regulate commercial activity. Traditional manners and means may be used to take non-threatened species.
This was an amendment, not an Amendment. It was a change or clarification to an existing article, not a new and separate article. It passed overwhelmingly, but the fact is that it changes the word 'right' to a term that represents a permission or privilege. This may be missed by those who didn't study their English homework, but if you don't understand the language, you can't understand what is being said.
Citizen X, this amendment certainly allows the government greater control and the people less authority. Your concerns are very well founded, and real.
Yes, good work btw! The "right" has now been brought within the purview of State statutory (by state legislation) and State regulatory subjection. This is what all of us were afraid of at the inception of this initiative. The enemies of freedom are many. Thanks for your remarkable efforts!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

ORIGINAL WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, good work btw! The "right" has now been brought within the purview of State statutory (by state legislation) and State regulatory subjection. This is what all of us were afraid of at the inception of this initiative. The enemies of freedom are many. Thanks for your remarkable efforts!
Done My Homework always makes really great post. Very refreshing indeed.
BC Resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Im glad you people have this back on track with decent dialog. Nothing like a educated well versed person to put things in perspective.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Done My Homework always makes really great post. Very refreshing indeed.
Yes, I've admired her motive and work product for a while!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

BC Resident wrote:
Im glad you people have this back on track with decent dialog. Nothing like a educated well versed person to put things in perspective.
Hello BC, I've been racing in and out all day, but wanted to say I appreciate you very much. I'm not going to be up very late tonight and did not wish to be remiss. aside from the white noise, It's been kind of a fun day...have a great nite. Thanks!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Big Rock Discussions

Search the Big Rock Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 23 min Wandering 141,293
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr WTH 8,975
How much should teacher morals matter? Sun put up or shut up 8
chris pilgram Sun wondering 1
stewart county sheriffs office Jul 22 Laine 2
Wallace honored at retirement reception Jul 21 Scbr 1
Standing Rock (Aug '12) Jul 15 bubba 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Big Rock Jobs

•••