At last, a library opens in Big Rock

There are 4 comments on the Aug 2, 2009, 301 Moved Permanently story titled At last, a library opens in Big Rock. In it, 301 Moved Permanently reports that:

Readers of my occasional columns know that I am a great lover of books. Or, is that a lover of great books? Maybe both.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 301 Moved Permanently.

Kathy Halfpenny

River Grove, IL

#1 Aug 19, 2009
I would like to ask you a question because I can't find any website that can give me an answer:
There is a strange rock formation about 2 miles east of Big Rock on private property that is seen from Rt 30. It looks like spires or stalagmites and is near a house. What is it? Can you give me any information on it?

Thanks
eddie

Angola, IN

#2 Aug 19, 2009
Go to this web site.it will give you info on this thing.
http://www.nytimes.com/1996/09/13/us/boyhood-...
Kathy Halfpenny

River Grove, IL

#3 Aug 19, 2009
eddie wrote:
Go to this web site.it will give you info on this thing.
http://www.nytimes.com/1996/09/13/us/boyhood-...
Thanks so much for the information - for years I've wondered about it!
eddie

Angola, IN

#4 Aug 19, 2009
You are welcome.
Kind of interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man convicted of stalking Kingston woman (Sep '14) Mar '15 c cox 2
News Former Sandwich youth minister charged with try... (Nov '11) Mar '15 David Winfrey 5
News Dead body found on DeKalb's far east side (Sep '09) Mar '15 michaels sistser 33
News Rauner: Make government work for people again Mar '15 Corrupt Union Bosses 2
News Lois J. Shaw (Nov '13) Nov '13 Blackberry resident 1
News Hinckley-Big Rock students rally behind teacher (Apr '10) Jan '13 anonymous 6
News Bristol-Kendall firefighter dies (Nov '12) Nov '12 kygirl 2
More from around the web

Big Rock People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]