Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2009

I've been dealing with them for years, and have never had a problem that wasn't easy to resolve.
By the title,(theirs and not yours) they are limited in their authority as the "friend" of the court. They are no more authorized to do anything for or against you that you don't want or allow them to. It is no different than going in front of the magistrate for a traffic ticket, you do have the right to a hearing in front of the judge.
If you or anybody else in your situation has a problem with the FOC, you only need to tell them that you wish to speak to the judge in that county instead of dealing with them. They can not refuse that request, though you may need to do it through an attorney. The only purpose of the FOC is to reduce the workload of the presiding judge. If enough people take their case directly in front of this judge, they may start to question their competency.
Arguing with someone from FOC is about the same as getting mad at the waitress for how the chef cooked your meal. By not taking your issues in front of the judge, you are simply playing into the hands of FOC.

“treat others as yourself”

Since: Oct 09

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2009

Bob wrote:
I've been dealing with them for years, and have never had a problem that wasn't easy to resolve.
By the title,(theirs and not yours) they are limited in their authority as the "friend" of the court. They are no more authorized to do anything for or against you that you don't want or allow them to. It is no different than going in front of the magistrate for a traffic ticket, you do have the right to a hearing in front of the judge.
If you or anybody else in your situation has a problem with the FOC, you only need to tell them that you wish to speak to the
judge in that county instead of dealing with them. They can not refuse that request, though you may need to do it through an attorney. The only purpose of the FOC is to reduce the workload of the presiding judge. If enough people take their case directly in front of this judge, they may start to question their competency.
Arguing with someone from FOC is about the same as getting mad at the waitress for how the chef cooked your meal. By not taking your issues in front of the judge, you are simply playing into the hands of FOC.
I appreciate the input, I didn't even know that was an option and I bet hardly anybody else does either. I thought I was stuck dealing with them like it or not and that was where thier smugness was coming from. I havn't had alot of problems either, it's just when I do I dread even going up and talking to them.
RC Native

Eaton Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2009

You get out what you put in. It's that simple. Those people that work there are just workers. The County has not gone far and wide to find the meanest nastiest people they can for the sole purpose of making your life miserable. If you go to the window with a righteous attitude and a chip on your shoulder you will not get the reaction that you want.

The workers are just the voice of a court order. They can not do more than what the court order says. If you preconceive a prejudice you will find one, just as in any other place in society. Remember they are doing their jobs and have a little respect that mostly they get treated badly for a job not many people would like to do. If you remember that, they may be easier to deal with.
Bob

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2010

Judged:

I was reading your encounter with the Law system at Osceola county, I two have been a victim of this corrupt system. I went to see an attorney regarding the State Attorney office for a wrongful arrest. He stated that the state of florid has a stipulation were you can not sue the the State Attorney Office. Working for the Federal Government in the past I know, that what they did was in violation of my civil rights, because no one is above the law, we rely on a system of justice that is not working in this county, I plan to file a Federal complaint with the department of Justice, and seek a civil litigator, on violation of civil rights. If I were you, sir I would recommend to do the same. I wish the best of luck
L Basset

Gaylord, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

This county has been corrupt for years.
L Basset

Gaylord, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

I met Osceola County has been corrupt for years.
Jana

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2010

How about the corruption in the Mecosta County Court System?????? That place is a joke!
Jana

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2010

concerned wrote:
Just a tid bit for all of you. The same idiot that runs the FOC in Osceola county, runs the Mecosta County FOC! They are not for the best interest of a CHILD! I can tell you good luck. Been in touch with Lansing, the line of defense is, go to the overseeing judge. Good luck with the country club. As for the corruption, vote new people into the county seats, complain at the elected officials who oversee some of the courts. Larry Emig is one that was brought to my attention. As for the idiots at the friend of the court, well my understanding is, one beat the charge, one plea bargained to a lower offense, and the other is waiting to go to trial. I have not seen an official report, but the three are not employed by the county. WOO HOO! The one thing is that the commissioners need to push to get the so called overseer of the FOC out of the two counties. Start over new. They would all be fired if I were there boss! But also, look at the judge they work for. We need to change somethings up.
I could NOT agree with you more! They are not "friend" to anyone and the trauma they have caused my child because it is "in his best interests" is going to be with him for the rest of his life. Thanks a lot "Friend!"
Concerned citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

Okay - heres a new one for you. RC Police going to the home of a citizen 4 days after the fact and arresting a man (father of 3) in front of his young children for a warrant for malicious destruction of property for picking a flower from Chestnut Street (one of the petunias) and putting it is his wife's hair. Had never received any paperwork on it, still has not as they will not provide any. Had to be bailed out of jail @ 9:30 at night for $250. I also hear they have been harassing Yoplait workers driving into work @ 2:00 in the morning and those that walk home from work. Do they want everybody to move out of Reed City? It is getting riduculous
Reed City Citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

For the record, this was charged by the city prosecutor, Tyler Thompson. He has only been a lawyer for a couple of years. He obviously doesnt have enough experience to know when to use proper discretion in charging. Is this the type of city prosecutor Reed City wants? A prominent last name does not make a competent attorney. As a Reed City citizen I dont feel the treatment in the previous post was justice. This was just a flower. OMG!! Another black eye for Reed City!
Just Passing Through

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

I do not believe the town of RC even needs a city police department with the Sheriff's deparment and a State Police post! What a waist of money! I drove through town a few days ago and TWO city cops were parked next to each other, at 9am, talking to each other!(or exchanging donuts) How much crime is there at 9am for two city cops? What a waist of tax payer money !!!!!!!
Concered Citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2010

Just wanted to give an update on the flower picking incident...not over yet...goes to court again the end of the month. Heard of another case where a 16 year old was picked up drinking...guess what...his parents are not able to get a copy of the police report...only in Osceola County.
Ive seen it

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

Because of the corruption within this county
(ie: police stopping kids walking down the street, searching and tasing them without cause, 14th amendment and other Constitutional breaches are rampant, the schools are run like prisons where punishments are meted out without mercy, I was told by a principal that 160,000 students MUST attend school via the internet due to infractions such as being caught with a cigarette at school and disagreeing with staff, etc...)
we're moving.
Once we move -to safety- we're suing. Hopefully, we'll be able to get the national news media and ACLU involved. The despots and power abuse need to be stopped!
Class Action, anyone?
RC Native

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

Ok, "I've Seen It", you must be talking about Osceola County in Florida, because Osceola County Michigan doesn't have even 160,000 families in order to have that many students attending via the internet. It's a rural area.
AC Class

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Judged:

Osceola County court likes to place every individual in jail because they get paid from the state and Disney also pays them very well. They are members of Free Masons. Has anyone taken the time to check these jokers out? They are seriously corruptive.
lucius

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

So let us start a movement. There are several people with problems when it comes to the subject of osceola county, including myself,but any effort must be done with intellegence,truthfulnes,and dedication to all. If there were such a movment, with enough like minded people I would step out and stand up first. but it would have to be more than just one persons cuase. It would have to be a shared cause first if it is to make an impact
lucius

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Freemasons YES I know well about the freemasons.Ive read extensivly on there rituals and beliefs.I have aquired many books not avalible to most people. I may be able to shed light on this subject if any one is interested.
Grady

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Well, its late October... when should we expect those fireworks?
St Cloud

Winter Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

Corruption and fraud is an everyday accurance in the osceola county court system, especially with the hearing officers and their buddy's that deal with the DOR !!!! I guess the only solution is meet these aholes face to face out of the corruption and fraud house!!!!!
St Cloud

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Apr 9

It's 2014 and the corruption and fraud still continue at the Osceola County Court House and nobody cares because of the money that is being made by these crooked officials. One in particular hearing officer steven jablon and the DOR who work together to make as much corruption money they can by dragging out the cases as long as possible. Mother of child is in prison whereabouts of child is unknown but DOR keeps taking money knowing this information. To the tune of over $40,000 dollars now and I still get threats from them and steven jablon (hearing officer) says if you don't agree with decision keep filing a motion disagreeing. This has been going on for over a decade now. CORRUPTION & FRAUD??? I'd say so.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of60
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Big Rapids Discussions

Search the Big Rapids Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Muskegon River Flooding Breaks a Record 19 hr Kathy 1
what's happened to reed city (Mar '08) Apr 3 Riverdog 71
my childhood home (Feb '09) Apr 2 deb 9
More (light) Snow, Continued Cool Mar 30 Alice 2
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Mar 27 rider 109
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Mar 27 rider 5,463
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Mar 27 rider 301
•••

Flood Warning for Mecosta County was issued at April 16 at 9:18PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Big Rapids Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Big Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE