2-year-old drowns in Muskegon River

2-year-old drowns in Muskegon River

There are 24 comments on the WZZM Grand Rapids story from May 19, 2008, titled 2-year-old drowns in Muskegon River. In it, WZZM Grand Rapids reports that:

A 2-year-old boy died this morning after accidentally drowning in the Muskegon River.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZZM Grand Rapids.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tammy

Granbury, TX

#51 May 20, 2008
Stevie sevenson wrote:
Why didnt he just swim out of the water, sheesh.
im sorry your from florida you have no idea what that rivers like but a river that has a current that takes you from know were you just cant swim a way from it. expecilly a 2 yr old child. and this river has no bottom either. my dad found that out when we had a family pickick because of 3 my cusins all most drowned in that same river as the 2 yr old did but my dad and the kids father jumped in and saved them. but ur from florida so you dont know our rivers here in michigan. and its stupid that the state alloys swimming in that river. i didnt even let my kids swim in that river when we had our family picknick i falled them ever were they went. because knos days u have to.
Tammy

Granbury, TX

#52 May 20, 2008
i have no idea why my post says im from six lakes michigan im from remus michigan . i feel for the grandfather.i had 3 cusin that all most drowned in the same river thank god my dad and the kids father was right there when it happned because they ran into the water and saved my cusin lifes well this is the story the to younger kids was swimming in the water so the older sister went in to try to help them but they was pushing the older sister head under because they was scared and trying to climb up her and my dad and uncle had there backs turned and my mom was looking and shes said to my dad and uncle look there going under and all of a sudden 1 of my cusins heads was bobbing up and down and all of a sudden he didnt come back up and thats when my dad and uncle ran to save them. and my litle cusin he was in such shock because he has asthma but after my dad said ur ok ur ok he was ok. thank god to my father and my uncle was right there . or they could of happned to them. as the river has no bottom. im so sorry for the 2 yr old and his grandparents. just rembers hes in a better place know. its sad the hospital was unable to save him he must of had to much water in his lungs. my dad is knowen to saveing childrens lifes if my dad was there at the time that happned ur grandson might of been saved. and no my dad is not and ems worker. he just is the type of person that likes to help pepole when they need it the most. last winter he was on a trip and he seen a family get into a tarribel car accident he stoped his vehicle and helped a little girl out of the car. sorry for the long commet. my prayers are with you and ur family at this time of sorrow. from the remus area.
Mother of 3 Big Rapids

Greenville, MI

#53 May 22, 2008
Stevie Sevenson-Dr.SigmundFreud- WZZM MOD- Ann Hiro, ARE YOU ALL F*****G RETARDED! I cannot believe what I just read on you posts. Sick I hope to God you don't reproduce God help us all if you already have. I truly hope you suffer some kind of pain in your life and people make these sick demented comments about you are your family. I am reporting these comments and I hope you are not allowed to post again. Sick and wrong! I'm sorry you were abused as children maybe your parents shouldn't have been allowed to reproduce either.
just me

Portage, MI

#54 Jun 10, 2008
muskegon wrote:
why the hell didn't this 2 yr old have a life jacket on...anytime my kids and us are by water i make them wear a life jacket they are 7 and 9 yrs old. It's always best to be cautious when by water. I am sorry for the loss. poor baby boy...
are you kidding me!! so you make your kids wear a life jacket to a park and have them swing and climb and play in a life jacket you obviously didn't know all the details... my thoughts and prayers are with your children for having such a crazy parent. Jacob was in the park not at the beach!! Yes there was water there but he never went near the water without the proper pre-cautions. This is one of those tragedies that can't be explained, amnd iof you didn't know the Porters than you wouldn't understand why things were the way they were...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Conservation group calls for statewide hearings... Jan 16 Canada 1
Unsolved Murder (Mar '08) Dec 30 Larry 382
Osceola County Prosecutor (Jun '08) Oct '16 Justapril 44
corruption in the osceola county court system (Mar '09) Jul '16 Abigail Hunter 66
Poll Is Sandra Marvin a bad Prosecutor? (Dec '07) Jul '16 Abigail Hunter 85
what's happened to reed city (Mar '08) Jul '16 darkeyes 73
Detective Keathley (Apr '12) May '16 Austin vallad 3

Big Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Big Rapids Mortgages