2-year-old drowns in Muskegon River

2-year-old drowns in Muskegon River

There are 24 comments on the WZZM Grand Rapids story from May 19, 2008, titled 2-year-old drowns in Muskegon River. In it, WZZM Grand Rapids reports that:

A 2-year-old boy died this morning after accidentally drowning in the Muskegon River.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZZM Grand Rapids.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
From Greenville

Big Rapids, MI

#1 May 19, 2008
Oh, that is just heartbreaking. Prayers to the family of this little one.
Grand Rapids

Aurora, CO

#2 May 19, 2008
How terrible, I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers for family and friends.
a rational outlook

Arvada, CO

#3 May 19, 2008
That poor grandfather! Our prayers go out to him.
Video Guy Bob

Tampa, FL

#4 May 19, 2008
Very sad... my thoughts and prayers.

Since: May 08

United States

#5 May 19, 2008
I have 3 grandbabies of my own. I can't imagine what he his going through.
muskegon

Syracuse, UT

#6 May 19, 2008
why the hell didn't this 2 yr old have a life jacket on...anytime my kids and us are by water i make them wear a life jacket they are 7 and 9 yrs old. It's always best to be cautious when by water. I am sorry for the loss. poor baby boy...
jobs

Ionia, MI

#7 May 19, 2008
We will pray for this family
Gail in Wyoming

Canton, MI

#8 May 19, 2008
Oh my God! This is a heartbreaking story. I can't imagine what that grandfather must be going through.

Prayers to the family for their tragic loss of this little baby.
Pam

Mitchell, SD

#9 May 19, 2008
My thoughts and prayers go out to this family. I have a little nephew the same age. Hug your kids alittle tighter tonight and tell them you love them too.
Gail in Wyoming

Canton, MI

#11 May 19, 2008
Pam wrote:
My thoughts and prayers go out to this family. I have a little nephew the same age. Hug your kids alittle tighter tonight and tell them you love them too.
Amen.
Family Friend

Kaukauna, WI

#12 May 19, 2008
With all due respect Muskegon, but the last thing this family needs is judgement and criticism. There was no reason to have a lifejacket on him as the playground they were visiting is a fair distance from the river. I don't believe that you will be the only one to post a critical thought directed at the family, but I pray that those of you reading this will think twice before doing so. It serves no purpose at a time like this. Instead, I ask that you pray for these good, descent folks. They are living the worst nightmare imaginable. It is a horrible accident and nothing more.
Big Rapids Michigan

United States

#13 May 19, 2008
You have no right to be critical accidents happen. I believe the grandfather already hurts enough. Good will come through these terrible ashes. Your little grandson is with Jesus. He will take good care of him for you.
muskegon wrote:
why the hell didn't this 2 yr old have a life jacket on...anytime my kids and us are by water i make them wear a life jacket they are 7 and 9 yrs old. It's always best to be cautious when by water. I am sorry for the loss. poor baby boy...
Kelli

United States

#16 May 19, 2008
Aww that is so sad, I am sorry for the families lost. I cannot imagine the pain and greif they are experiencing; my prayers are with all.
mom

Marcellus, NY

#20 May 19, 2008
may god be with you at this time this was a tragic accident you will be remembered in a lot of prayers
Stevie sevenson

Naples, FL

#35 May 19, 2008
Why didnt he just swim out of the water, sheesh.
Deb

Denver, CO

#40 May 19, 2008
Family Friend wrote:
With all due respect Muskegon, but the last thing this family needs is judgement and criticism. There was no reason to have a lifejacket on him as the playground they were visiting is a fair distance from the river. I don't believe that you will be the only one to post a critical thought directed at the family, but I pray that those of you reading this will think twice before doing so. It serves no purpose at a time like this. Instead, I ask that you pray for these good, descent folks. They are living the worst nightmare imaginable. It is a horrible accident and nothing more.
Thank-you
Anonymous

Tucson, AZ

#44 May 19, 2008
baby is an hero
Anonymous

Grass Valley, CA

#48 May 19, 2008
Actually, i have changed my ways. i feel sorry for the little tyke. I wish for ur forgiveness on what is said earlier.
Ama

Mount Horeb, WI

#49 May 19, 2008
ChristianLady wrote:
The devil did it. This girl was unworthy for a christian lifestyle, and the devil has dragged her down to hell where she belongs. Honestly, the holy ghost is probably beating her senseless right now.
Excuse me I don't think you read the article very well it was a little boy that drowned and the christian thing to do instead of insulting people is to pray for the family and there loss. I'm sorry that you are so uneducated and I'm pretty sure your going to hell for saying that. As for the family I'm sorry for your loss and that little baby is in a better place and I will keep you in my prayers.
Anonymous

Grass Valley, CA

#50 May 19, 2008
ya, poor little child. im sorry i posted what i said earlier, cocaine is a hel1 of a drug

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Internet outages yesterday and today Oct 26 Wolf 1
Unsolved Murder (Mar '08) Aug '17 Mariah 385
News Mecosta-Osceola teacher arrested for alleged se... (Nov '12) Aug '17 Mee 13
News Manistee County Sheriff's Office arrests man fo... Jun '17 WATCHING LIVONIA 1
motorcycle/truck accident this morning (Jun '07) May '17 Uranus 4
1970's murder (Sep '14) Apr '17 Lore 6
News Conservation group calls for statewide hearings... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Canada 1

Big Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Big Rapids Mortgages