Second Warmest Winter Rolls On

Second Warmest Winter Rolls On

There are 12 comments on the WXMI-TV Grand Rapids story from Feb 16, 2012, titled Second Warmest Winter Rolls On. In it, WXMI-TV Grand Rapids reports that:

Once again, we managed to see some sunshine on Wednesday afternoon with temperatures in the 40s.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXMI-TV Grand Rapids.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#1 Feb 16, 2012
Good Day,

While I do have some sympathy for those small businesses that rely on Winter activities like skiing, ice fishing and snowmobilers... I must say I have enjoyed this so called Winter. I have been able to ride my bike a lot which normally I can't. Even today the neighborhood kids were outside playing basketball after school!

Steelie
SOS in Rockford

Grand Rapids, MI

#2 Feb 16, 2012
Steelie wrote:
Good Day,
While I do have some sympathy for those small businesses that rely on Winter activities like skiing, ice fishing and snowmobilers... I must say I have enjoyed this so called Winter. I have been able to ride my bike a lot which normally I can't. Even today the neighborhood kids were outside playing basketball after school!
Steelie
You have Al Gore to thank.
Jim

Cadillac, MI

#3 Mar 7, 2012
Steelie wrote:
Good Day,
While I do have some sympathy for those small businesses that rely on Winter activities like skiing, ice fishing and snowmobilers... I must say I have enjoyed this so called Winter. I have been able to ride my bike a lot which normally I can't. Even today the neighborhood kids were outside playing basketball after school!
Steelie
Yes this weather has been bad for the winter economy, but better for the heat bills. Almost time to break out the motorcycle.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#4 Mar 15, 2012
Tuesday already, is the first day of spring.....
Old Rocker

Hudsonville, MI

#5 Mar 15, 2012
The mosquitoes are coming out already. That's good. Maybe they'll hatch out early and then get killed off when it freezes again. That could mean less mosquitoes when spring really gets here...theoretically anyway.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#6 Mar 15, 2012
Hope you don't lose any fruit crops.....seem to remember around Michigan losing a whole years cherry production, from too warm too early, then a big freeze....
Old Rocker

Hudsonville, MI

#7 Mar 16, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
Hope you don't lose any fruit crops.....seem to remember around Michigan losing a whole years cherry production, from too warm too early, then a big freeze....
Yes, that is a concern. Trees are already starting to bud. We know we aren't finished with winter yet. There WILL be more freezing weather. If the fruit buds are too far along, it could mean trouble...probably more in southern Michigan than up north.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#8 Mar 16, 2012
Old Rocker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that is a concern. Trees are already starting to bud. We know we aren't finished with winter yet. There WILL be more freezing weather. If the fruit buds are too far along, it could mean trouble...probably more in southern Michigan than up north.
....We have had an odd winter, also....peculiar situation with the impatians, as they are one of the most popular bedding flowers down here, in cooler weather....well, this year, they had too much heat and grew to long and leggy, way too fast...then we had huge whitefly infestations, due to the heat.....But, there is some good news too...this years florida tangerine crop was tremendous....i can go thru a bag of them in less than a week....if you see them at the store, give them a try....
Heraldo

Grand Rapids, MI

#9 Mar 16, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
Hope you don't lose any fruit crops.....seem to remember around Michigan losing a whole years cherry production, from too warm too early, then a big freeze....
There many cherries around here anymore, what with government contraception and all.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#10 Mar 16, 2012
Easy to see, with all the f*cked attitudes.....

Since: Jul 09

SW Michigan

#11 Mar 16, 2012
Old Rocker wrote:
The mosquitoes are coming out already. That's good. Maybe they'll hatch out early and then get killed off when it freezes again. That could mean less mosquitoes when spring really gets here...theoretically anyway.
Ha, I wonder if it works that way? That would be great.
to be announced

United States

#12 Mar 19, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
Tuesday already, is the first day of spring.....
master of the obvious........nah

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what's happened to reed city (Mar '08) Jun '15 sheila rickey 72
Does Anyone Visit The Mecosta Forum ? (Mar '08) May '15 Always-A-Michigan... 13
Unsolved Murder (Mar '08) May '15 Mi Resident 371
Reed city motel information please Apr '15 Safety monitor mama 1
corruption in the osceola county court system (Mar '09) Apr '15 RCgirl 64
Review: Vic's Market Foodland Inc Mar '15 Tammy Thomas 1
Aaron Skodak (Jan '15) Jan '15 honeybunny 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Big Rapids Mortgages