Woman due in court for pie attack on US Sen. Levin

A woman accused of hitting U.S. Sen. Carl Levin in the face with an apple pie during the Armed Services Committee chairman's constituent meeting in northern Michigan is due in court. Full Story
Ms V

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Aug 17, 2010
Umm, okay then. You got your point across and now you get to pay lots of money for legal fees defending it. No, wait - you will be doing it on the good citizens' of Michigan's dime because you probably feel entitled to it. Thing is, the Republicans aren't the ones who made it possible for you to get free legal representation via a public defender. Will check the Michigan papers for more details...
Intelligent Adult

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Aug 17, 2010
Ms V wrote:
you will be doing it on the good citizens' of Michigan's dime because you probably feel entitled to it.
Amendment 6
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Has nothing to do with her feelings. It's her right as an American. It's everyone's.

See Gideon v Wainwright for more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gideon_v._Wainwr...
Ms V

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Aug 17, 2010
Unfortunately, I have access to and deal with offenders (not my job choice, but I am happy to be employed) and I find that the people most deserving of P.D.s (Public Defenders) don't get them and the ones that do oftentimes don't truly deserve them. I am also a Frogtown resident and grew up in Detroit - I am not a small-town knee-jerk reactionary. As much as I am a champion of "innocent until proven guilty", really I am, it is at the very least, irritating, to see some of these same people rotating through my door while slingin' dope or flagging down johns on my bus stop. No, I am NOT a probation officer.
Intelligent Adult

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Aug 17, 2010
Ms V wrote:
Unfortunately, I have access to and deal with offenders (not my job choice, but I am happy to be employed) and I find that the people most deserving of P.D.s (Public Defenders) don't get them and the ones that do oftentimes don't truly deserve them. I am also a Frogtown resident and grew up in Detroit - I am not a small-town knee-jerk reactionary. As much as I am a champion of "innocent until proven guilty", really I am, it is at the very least, irritating, to see some of these same people rotating through my door while slingin' dope or flagging down johns on my bus stop. No, I am NOT a probation officer.
I know you're losing track of this, but this person is protesting the killing of people. She pied someone.

Which is worse - killing thousands or getting pied? Would you rather she shoot someone to get her point across, like many right-wing "protesters" do?

So she gets a PD. Big deal.
Ms V

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Aug 17, 2010
No, assault is not ever okay, but apparently when it satisfies a political agenda the rules then change? Sorry, but Sen. Levin has done more good than bad and didn't deserve that. If you feel she was justified, then name a Republican or Independent or Green or whatever party so she can give them "equal time". An eye for an eye, right? Or even better, let the good Senator pie her back - but then that wouldn't be fair because she is "just a citizen". I don't think I am losing track - although as an aside, I probably lean a LOT farther left than the vast majority of citizens in this state and it isn't because I received any help from the system. People have been prosecuted for much lesser assaults than this. Perhaps she is illiterate which is why she had to resort to pie throwing since she obviously is incapable of writing her elected officials.
Intelligent Adult

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Aug 17, 2010
Ms V wrote:
No, assault is not ever okay, but apparently when it satisfies a political agenda the rules then change? Sorry, but Sen. Levin has done more good than bad and didn't deserve that. If you feel she was justified, then name a Republican or Independent or Green or whatever party so she can give them "equal time". An eye for an eye, right? Or even better, let the good Senator pie her back - but then that wouldn't be fair because she is "just a citizen". I don't think I am losing track - although as an aside, I probably lean a LOT farther left than the vast majority of citizens in this state and it isn't because I received any help from the system. People have been prosecuted for much lesser assaults than this. Perhaps she is illiterate which is why she had to resort to pie throwing since she obviously is incapable of writing her elected officials.
I never said her action was justified. I just objected to your ignoring of context. Plus, you're just speculating whether she even has a PD and claimed she felt she deserved one when every American has a RIGHT to one.

Your further baseless accusation that she never writes her elected officials is even more slander. You just make up and bash. Way to cede the moral high ground with each successive post.

If you can't distinguish a pie from war, then you have some serious problems. She didn't just do it for amusement and she certainly didn't shoot up a room, ala right-wingers, to make her point.
Not Your Way

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Aug 17, 2010
A great punishment would be for her to have to run around various cities in Michigan bottomless so we can see her pie. Pie for an pie I say.
beeecause

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Aug 17, 2010
Intelligent Adult wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you're losing track of this, but this person is protesting the killing of people. She pied someone.
Which is worse - killing thousands or getting pied? Would you rather she shoot someone to get her point across, like many right-wing "protesters" do?
So she gets a PD. Big deal.
I don't know what you're talking about with right wing protesters shooting people, but leftwingnuts throw poop on people and often vandalize.
5 year old troll

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Aug 17, 2010
I said pie. Hee!
adamh2o

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Aug 17, 2010
I don't know that she's necessarily left-wing or right-wing. She's an anti-Israel Muslim, so I'm guessing she hates all Americans equally.
Are you kidding

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Aug 17, 2010
Wow, just tonight I saw Nick Punto "pie" Jim Thome
after he hit the game winner. They do it all the
time during TV interviews.:)

All kidding aside, she "pies" someone, no matter
who it is, and she gets held without bond? For
"stalking"? Maybe it is just the lack of info
in this article, but hitting someone with a pie
is now "stalking"? Or do they have proof that she
has been trailing this particular senator; and, if
so, why didn't the article say so? Unless she was
actually "stalking" this particular senator for
a period of time, held without bond would be almost
unheard of. Again, is there more to this than the
article is saying?

Since: Aug 10

Here

#13 Aug 18, 2010
You would think someone who refers to himself/herself as Intelligent would have more people agree them. That's usually the case with those type (who view themselves as intelligent in their own minds) of people who think they know whats best for everyone. They might possibly be... but I prefer wisdom, experience and common sense over intelligence any old day and usually that's what they don't have.

She's a Muslim activist showing the normal hate for Israel they exhibit.

A Mecosta County district judge set her bond at $250,000, requiring a cash payment of $25,000 for her to get out of jail.

Mohsen has said she opposes U.S. military policy and its support for Israel. She was arrested last year for sitting in at Levin's Lansing office.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WZZM13 - Assitant Principal Faces CSC Charges A... (May '07) Oct 10 Amber 656
1970's murder Sep 26 Pilot 4
A Healthy Wealthy and Wise 5K in the City- ICRU... Sep 23 anku18 1
Canton teen nearly drowns; pulled from Muskegon... Aug '14 Kevin 1
Unsolved Murder (Mar '08) Jul '14 Reed City ex resi... 367
Chestnut Street in Reed City Jul '14 Riverdog 1
Sun tomorrow, rain Friday Jun '14 Sneaky Pete 2
Big Rapids Dating
Find my Match

Big Rapids Jobs

Big Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Big Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Big Rapids

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]