Jury finds former Osceola County Road Commission manager guilty of perjury

Mar 4, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: MLive.com

A jury found 42-year-old Clifford Youngs guilty of perjury on Monday, March 4, according to Terri Pontz who works in the Osceola County Circuit Court Clerk's office.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
iambroke

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

his mindset is the same as everyones in this area. Its a victimless crime, its just smart business, its the way the system works. they expect you to do it .

there is a road commission member that kept saying that Cliff was innocent , that he was just doing what the system asked. That you have to fill out the papers "different"

I'd hate to be that man .
lazy

Saint Johns, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

I agree, somtimes you have to make common sence decisions that may not make sence to the people who do make no sence!
Jack Sparrow

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

In my opinion this is what happens when union employees working for the county milk a job so long that there is no money left to pay there wages. The northland drive project that should have taken a couple of months to complete, took all summer. Simply because Osceola county employees are slow, lazy and really in a eight hour work day we may get two or three hours of real work.I have seen this with my own eyes. They spend more time sitting in there truck than actually working. I blame the system and there manager who in my opinion is not fit to hold his position. The employee's position is "I get a paycheck whether I do anything or not". So when you run out of money allocated to pay payroll on a project. What do you do? Make sure your people get paid. And that is in my opinion what was done. I have and will continue to video tape our county workers ripping us tax payers off. I have video of three men sitting in a truck until way past 8:00 am. This summer I will in fact make it my mission to catch our county employee's on video milking us for everything they can. Simply because there manager has no backbone and the union protects them. This is a case of biting the hand that makes sure you get fed. Mr. Youngs told his men to apply there time to another project. He didn't steal or attempt to take anything for himself. The real criminals are the county employee's that don't do there job and suck money out of our pockets every day.
Grady

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Solution: fire them, all of them. Start fresh, or let each township take care of themselves. They say the definition of crazy is repeating something and expecting different results each time. Apply that to our entire political system... electons... electoral votes... etc. The entire System Is Corrupt.

Most public employees will say they "work for the government"... isn't that odd they don't work for "The People"....????

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Big Rapids Discussions

Search the Big Rapids Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul 7 maeball 169
Chestnut Street in Reed City Jul 2 Riverdog 1
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jun 30 TruthBeTold 5,481
Sun tomorrow, rain Friday Jun 29 Sneaky Pete 2
Beneficial rain has helped but many still drier... Jun 26 dragonfly 1
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Jun 25 lulubell 302
Unsolved Murder (Mar '08) Jun 24 kat 366
•••
•••
•••
•••

Big Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Big Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE