Maggots found in patients' wounds

Nov 15, 2007 Full story: WWMT-TV Kalamazoo 13

“The state's number one concern is to be sure these patients are in the best of care and they are receiving the best care this facility promised. If that's not happening, we are going to take proper action to insure safety.”

There are some disturbing violations against a West Michigan nursing home that has led to a state ordered shut down. via WWMT-TV Kalamazoo

Full Story

“Greg Brady and me!!”

Since: Jul 07

Nunya!

#1 Nov 17, 2007
That is BEYOND disgusting - and WHO is to blame here? The owners? The administrators? The nurses? Or the overworked nurses aides, that have 20 patients a shift to take care of? Understandably they are overworked, and I used to work in a nursing home - and if I EVER saw something like that with a patient, I would be the first one to scream bloody murder - this is another reason I am never putting my parents in a nursing home - thank God I have enough training that I can take care of them!

DON'T TAKE YOUR LOVED ONES TO METRON!
cal

Sahuarita, AZ

#2 Jan 1, 2008
Lucy44 wrote:
That is BEYOND disgusting - and WHO is to blame here? The owners? The administrators? The nurses? Or the overworked nurses aides, that have 20 patients a shift to take care of? Understandably they are overworked, and I used to work in a nursing home - and if I EVER saw something like that with a patient, I would be the first one to scream bloody murder - this is another reason I am never putting my parents in a nursing home - thank God I have enough training that I can take care of them!
DON'T TAKE YOUR LOVED ONES TO METRON!
Don't worry Lucy, the maggots are natures litte cleaning ladies. They only consume bad flesh..

“Greg Brady and me!!”

Nunya!

#3 Jan 1, 2008
Don't care - maggots are gross, always had a phobia of them. Nasty nasty nasty!!!!
nick

Sahuarita, AZ

#4 Jan 2, 2008
Hi lucy, You sweet thang...

“Greg Brady and me!!”

Nunya!

#5 Jan 2, 2008
Hi nick

Do I know you?
nick

Tucson, AZ

#6 Jan 3, 2008
Don't think so Lucy. Anyway this maggot thing is kind of gross isn't it?
Hope you had a nice holiday season. Sounds like ths weather is going to warm up. Bad for ice fishing, but good for the fuel bill.
Well happy trails to you.

“Greg Brady and me!!”

Nunya!

#7 Jan 3, 2008
Thank you.

I worked all holiday season. Even 2 shifts on Christmas day!!

Oh well, SOMEONE has to do it.

Wil welcome the warm weather though. I am tired of the snow already.:)
Metron siteEmployee

Kalamazoo, MI

#8 Feb 8, 2008
youre right about the staffing at Metron,,on the good days ,,,, We worked 20 to one ...and on night shift often 30 to one cna........Whoose fault was it? all of the above named Players..but the major Player was Left out. The big Pimp enters slaps metron on the handover and over..THE STATE OF MICHIGAN! merton proceeds on business as usual! short staff .. no supplies .. little food,, kitchen staff and housekeepers quit or get fired if you complained.So many horribl things happened there for so long. oh by the way nice touch state of michigan the 50,000,000 in curtains some years back... as the residents and staff sufferd.

“Greg Brady and me!!”

Nunya!

#9 Feb 8, 2008
The curtains were to hide the atrocities from the public eye. We can drive down the road and look at a nursing home in blissful ignorance, because we cannot see what is going on behind those windows.
ofc Dawn

United States

#10 Feb 22, 2008
METRON OF LAMONT MURDERED MY SISTER. OUR FAMILY HAS A 45,000.000.00 LAWSUIT AGAINST THEM. I HOPE THRY ROT IN HELL

“Greg Brady and me!!”

Nunya!

#11 Feb 25, 2008
Well ofcDawn, should you REALLY be coming on a website and saying something like that? I am sure word would get back to the Metron lawyers.
Sandy

Vicksburg, MI

#12 Mar 25, 2008
I do believe that maggots are used for healing purposes when all else has failed in the larger hospitals in our country!

“Greg Brady and me!!”

Nunya!

#13 Mar 26, 2008
Sandy wrote:
I do believe that maggots are used for healing purposes when all else has failed in the larger hospitals in our country!
Sandy, if you believe that, I have a bridge I will sell you! Maggots were found because of lack of care. Period.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
corruption in the osceola county court system (Mar '09) Jan '15 Luis Coronado 61
Aaron Skodak Jan '15 honeybunny 1
WZZM13 - Assitant Principal Faces CSC Charges A... (May '07) Dec '14 Pravda 657
Unsolved Murder (Mar '08) Dec '14 Pravda 368
Debate: Marijuana - Mecosta, MI (Aug '11) Nov '14 Sneek Blee 16
the old general store Nov '14 deb 2
1970's murder Sep '14 Pilot 4
Big Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Big Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance