Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

Judged:

China One Buffet is probably the worst place i've been to. NO LIE.
if you believe me, then don't go there..suchh a waste of money...hahhaJK
I see everything

Monroe, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2009

Judged:

Anne Philarpo wrote:
China One Buffet is probably the worst place i've been to. NO LIE.
if you believe me, then don't go there..suchh a waste of money...hahhaJK
Not only that... but they also discriminate in hiring practices. Did you ever see any black, white or Hispanic Americans working there or at ANY Chinese buffet? No, just Asians. They give nothing back to their communities other than paying their required taxes and fees. They take, take, take and only do business with Chinese owned entities. Dont shop walmart, don't buy made in china (if possible). These people do not spend money in your community, they only take it!
Moi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2009

Judged:

I see everything wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont shop walmart...
I'll stop shopping Walmart just as soon as the all the local businesses drop their prices into my price range.

As much as I would like to only shop at local businesses, their prices are simply too high.
what

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Judged:

i am American and i love the china one buffet so you can piss off
Studd Muffin

Rochester, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2009

Judged:

what wrote:
i am American and i love the china one buffet so you can piss off
Go back home to your trailer turd burgler
discriminated

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2009

Judged:

What a joke!
I see everything wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only that... but they also discriminate in hiring practices. Did you ever see any black, white or Hispanic Americans working there or at ANY Chinese buffet? No, just Asians. They give nothing back to their communities other than paying their required taxes and fees. They take, take, take and only do business with Chinese owned entities. Dont shop walmart, don't buy made in china (if possible). These people do not spend money in your community, they only take it!
yourfunny

Kalkaska, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2009

Judged:

Its called CHINA ONE BUFFET, not popeyes chicken. I'm glad there are not any blacks or hispanics working there... the food would suck, and nothing would get done. If they all took Chinese language classes at college (assuming they actually are legal, and have educations) then maybe...
Knee Jerk Reaction Free

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

Xenophobic much people?
I used to go to a Chinese buffet in Grand Rapids with a kitchen staff of nothing but Latino employee's. But I guess it must have been a dream because only Asians work there EVER. This restaurant employees several local teens, who happen to be white.

I have found the cuisine at China One Buffet to be acceptable, nothing spectacular but also not offensive to the palette. The wait staff have been attentive, clean, and well mannered.

I would recommend this establishment to anyone who wants a descent Chinese buffet style meal and not have to travel 50 miles to do it.
Yeahright

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2009

Judged:

You guys are dumb.
Derek Allen

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2009

Judged:

Me want more PESSSIIII!
Jonathan Thomas

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

Judged:

There are several reasons the most Chinese restaurants don't hire American people. First, due to their limited language skill. Second, their culture. Third, Those employees are hired from New York City. They are all experienced and well trained workers including cook, chief and the waiters. In addition, these Chinese people do spend money in our community. So, don't discriminate against these people, I am not agree with you. All these employees work 12 hours a day, and six days a week. Make less money than you do.
tricia

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2009

Judged:

I love it!!!! Lots of different choices and really tasty.
Krista from chippewa lake

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2009

Judged:

I love it but tell me that they really don't serve cat.. what a horrible rumor I love cats
Mouseketeer

Bloomfield Hills, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2009

Judged:

I love cats, too! The really do taste almost like chicken.

Since: Jan 09

Hersey, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2010

Judged:

Been there a couple of times and rate it as your average chinese buffet. Not enough beef dishes and what they do have is tough as shoe leather but this is a distinguishing feature of many chinese buffets. I will say their salad bar is better than most.

Hersey, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2010

Judged:

I should have added that I really don't give a dam* about their hiring practices or where they spend their profits. The title of the post suggested a review not a whine session about them vs us.
FSU Student

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Judged:

Prices are high only to drive out local businesses, once the local businesses are gone Walmart will raise their prices much much higher.

Hersey, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Judged:

FSU Student wrote:
Prices are high only to drive out local businesses, once the local businesses are gone Walmart will raise their prices much much higher.
You're a little off topic, aren't you? What does Walmart have to do with reviewing China One Buffet...and your statement doesn't make any sense anyway. Besides, Walmart has already been in Big Rapids long enough to drive out all the locals and their prices have not risen appreciably.
twinkle_toes

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

Judged:

well me and my husband like it. you get the Mongolian and buffet for the same price...where is bigger cities you pay separate! and its good food!

Hersey, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2010

Judged:

There's one up in Cadillac with a Mongolian that is, in my opinion, much better and it's included in the buffet as well. I can't remember the name of it but it's in the strip mall on the South end of town next to Glenn's market. I'm in the Reed City area so I can get to either one in about the same time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Big Rapids Discussions

Search the Big Rapids Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul 23 gottondas 5,482
Unsolved Murder (Mar '08) Jul 15 Reed City ex resident 367
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul 7 maeball 169
Chestnut Street in Reed City Jul 2 Riverdog 1
Sun tomorrow, rain Friday Jun 29 Sneaky Pete 2
Beneficial rain has helped but many still drier... Jun '14 dragonfly 1
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Jun '14 lulubell 302
•••
•••
•••
Big Rapids Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Big Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••