Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2008

Judged:

I saw these girls handing out water when I went to Grant Center to see my folks. That's such a nice thing to do. You should be proud of yourselves and I'll bet your parents are really proud of you too.
MOM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2009

Judged:

Breanna and Zenta will do this again this year 2009. July 23,24,25.
BreannaB

Dorr, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Wow! Thanks so much!
And Yes I will be doing it this year again so look for me!
Love You All!
Breanna Burgess
BreannaB

Dorr, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Also My Older Brother Thomas age:15 might be doing the ride!!!

God Bless All!
Breanna Burgess
BreannaB

Dorr, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Also my brother might be doing the ride!
Thanks so much for all the awsome comments
God Bless All!
Breanna Burgess
BreannaB

Dorr, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

jaka wrote:
I saw these girls handing out water when I went to Grant Center to see my folks. That's such a nice thing to do. You should be proud of yourselves and I'll bet your parents are really proud of you too.
Aww! Thanks My parents are very proud of me as am I.I Hope to see you this year!!
Breanna Burgess
Peace!
BreannaB

Dorr, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2009

Cindy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that was very sweet of them
Aw! Thanks You! I will be doing it this year again.Also my brother might be doing the ride.
Thomas Burgess

Dorr, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2009

Judged:

My name is Thomas-Jay Burgess I live in Big Rapids, I just turned 15 yrs. old. I am a type 1 diabetic, some days I think I have it pretty bad, I receive insulin from my pump every 15 minutes. I know that many kids are worse off than me.
I have a pursuit for happiness. My pursuit is to make other people happy!
Last year one of my friends was diagnosed with brain cancer. The last 15 months, has been really bad for him and his family
I do not know if you have heard of Make-A–Wish. Here in Michigan we have a ride called WAM. It is a 3 day bike ride, 300 miles, 100 miles a day and all the money I raise will go to Make-A-WISH. We have at least 16 kids in Mecosta County this year with some form of cancer.
Make-A-Wish cost about $8,000 a wish, multiply that by 16 that equals $128,000, WOW!
For the last 2 yrs. my sister and youngest cousin put up a free water and food station for the riders. Some of them were riding for their own child, some were riding for family or a friend of the family. Some were riding and hoping the child they were riding for would be alive by the end of their ride. Some kids go to the Lord before their wish is ever granted. Please help me help others.
I need to raise $750 by July 1, 2009. I’m trying to get a team to ride with me, so far I think I have Chase Gibson on my team. If you would like to be on my team please let me know.
Me $750.00, me and a friend $1,500.00, me and two friends $2,225.00
We are trying to get an auction and pig roast for June 6, 2009 at Grant Center Township Hall.
Please take time to pray for me and my team, that we will be able to make the whole 300 miles.
This July 23-26, I will be joining more than 1,000 cyclists and volunteers traveling 300 miles through Michigan communities for the Wish-A-Mile® 300 Bicycle Tour to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Michigan.
The Make-A-Wish Foundation of Michigan has 600 medically eligible children waiting for wishes this year, and with your support, we can make an important difference in these children’s lives.
The Wish-A-Mile 300 is striving to raise enough funds to grant the wishes of 250 Michigan children with life-threatening medical conditions. In order to reach that goal, each rider must raise $2,000. I am asking for your support in the form of a monetary donation. With your help, we can bring hope, strength and joy to courageous wish children in our community
I am riding in honor of my wish hero that I do not know yet. But as soon as I do. You will also know.
You can learn more about the Make-A-Wish Foundation by visiting the Wish-A-Mile Web site, www.wishmich.org/wam . Search for my name under the “Donate/Search for Participant”. If you would like to support my fundraising efforts, you can donate online, by phone (800.622.9474) or by printing and mailing a donation form, which is available on my personal fundraising page.
Thomas Burgess Mecosta’s Dream Team
This year marks the 22nd Wish-A-Mile 300. In those years, it has grown to be the single-biggest Make-A-Wish® fundraising event in the country, and I am proud to participate. You can learn more about the Make-A-Wish Foundation by visiting its Web site at www.wishmich.org .
Thank you in advance for your generosity and for helping to share the power of a wish®!
Sincerely,
Thomas Burgess
I’m am email to save paper. Think GREEN.
BreannaB

Dorr, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

I Can't Wait to do it this year!!!

Love You All!
Breanna Burgess
linc

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

i miss your town so much people like you are what i miss the must i had to move back to il. last year but my heart stayed in michigan
BreannaB

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2010

Hey everyone!
yes i will be doing the water stand again for my almost 4th year i can't wait!!!
good luck to anyone riding this year
BreannaB

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

Hey,
Zenta and I will be doing the water stand again :) 3rd year, Also for the 2nd year my brother Thomas will be riding :)
Well can't wait
<3 BREANNAB

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Big Rapids Discussions

Search the Big Rapids Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul 23 gottondas 5,482
Unsolved Murder (Mar '08) Jul 15 Reed City ex resident 367
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul 7 maeball 169
Chestnut Street in Reed City Jul 2 Riverdog 1
Sun tomorrow, rain Friday Jun 29 Sneaky Pete 2
Beneficial rain has helped but many still drier... Jun 26 dragonfly 1
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Jun '14 lulubell 302
•••
•••
•••
•••

Big Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Big Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••