my childhood home

Posted in the Big Rapids Forum

tim french

AOL

#1 Feb 20, 2009
lived in hersey as a child up to 5 yrs old.
my grand mother beatrice french was a long time resident of hersey.
gary and florence zimmerman relatives. other grand mother roy and pauline ritzzman also lived in hersey in the 50 to 60 time area
my mother nad father kieth and donna french moved to fl. in 1962 ?. enjoyed many summers in hersey fishing at the damn.remember the texico gas station and the general store . tim french
Deb

Northville, MI

#2 Aug 6, 2012
I use to play with Bobbi and Kim Zimmerman- their mom was best friends with my mom, and we also use to go to visit their grandparents and the fish pond. Did you have a skateboard, Tim?
tim french

Fort Myers, FL

#3 Aug 26, 2012
no skate board . grand parents were roy and pat ritzmann lived on the river by the old mill. by the the damn. still remember shorty the dairy farmer just out side o towm. and bud and artice young please accept the spelling
Deb

Northville, MI

#4 Aug 27, 2012
Where did Mrs. French live?
Deb

Northville, MI

#5 Aug 27, 2012
Mrs. French had a grand daughter that I played with. I was given a blue and white stripe skirt and matching top from her. Mrs French was throwing a vacuum hose over the railing to her basement and hit me on the head with it as we were on the steps- she grabbed a knife, and started to rub the huge bump that appeared. It went away. I remember her white kitchen table with the silverware drawer in it, and the mowhair sofa. When you walked in, you were in the dining room with a big table on the left wall, but if you immediately came in and turned left, you were in the living room.
Curt Costello

Dover, PA

#6 Jun 26, 2013
I used to deliver mail after school for Beatrice French. I grew up on the corner opposite of the fire station. Remember me, Deb?
deb

Northville, MI

#7 Jun 27, 2013
Curt Costello wrote:
I used to deliver mail after school for Beatrice French. I grew up on the corner opposite of the fire station. Remember me, Deb?
yes, Curt...I remember you and your family. I have my fifth grade pic from Hersey where I am wearing the outfit that Mrs French's grand daughter outgrew.
Kristen Calabrese- Hurst

Ada, MI

#8 Mar 28, 2014
This is my Uncle John's house. My Grandparent's also lived here. I wonder if they bought it from your family? I remember this house from the early 1970's. Do you remember an attic door in the bedroom ceiling? It was creepy to a little kid. Also, my husband's grandpa was Shorty Hamilton who lived outside of town. Is this the same Shorty? Of course everybody knows everybody in Hersey!
deb

Northville, MI

#9 Apr 2, 2014
Was the attic door up in the closet of the larger bedroom? My brother almost burned the house down when he played with matches, and we all almost died from carbon monoxide poisoning with the old coal furnace. If my mom hadn't awakened with a bad headache, we would be dead.....and haunting the place!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1970's murder Sep 26 Pilot 4
A Healthy Wealthy and Wise 5K in the City- ICRU... Sep 23 anku18 1
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Sep 22 JAH 170
MI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) Sep 22 gamy 97
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Sep 21 Eldorado 129
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Sep 2 just the tip 303
Canton teen nearly drowns; pulled from Muskegon... Aug '14 Kevin 1
Big Rapids Dating
Find my Match

Big Rapids Jobs

Big Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Big Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Big Rapids

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]