The Recall of the Grant township Supervisor

Posted in the Big Rapids Forum

Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated May 14, 2011
Elena Eagen

Cedar Springs, MI

#1 May 14, 2011
I have seen where a certain group of people in GranT Township are trying to recall the supervisor. I know what she has done since she has been in office. She has gotten Grants to get the internet in Grant. She has had trees cut down on 22mile rd, that the farmer had been request for the past 10 years. She had community workers come out and help clean up the cemetary at no cost to the township. There is a group that has had control of the township for ages. They employ their family members to do all the labor at $15. per hour. They don't carry libelaty insurance. They lie alot. These people have all been friends for 25 years and were neighbors while they cared for their children. Mrs Burgess,the township supervisor is old family in Grant township but because her father spent 40 years in the military, she did not grow up here. Her family came home leave every chance they could, Mrs Burgess knew alot of the old timers and loved Grant so when he dad retired and came to Grant townshp, they had 4 acres and Mrs Burgess wanted to move up here, Her dad gave her a acre and they built a house next door to the parents. When she ran for office she got 54 votes, the other ladies running for the same office received 37 and 34 votes.
Now, the clerk quit and a new one was picked to be on the board. I don't think she understands the job of being the clerk. She is in charge of taking care of the cemetary documentation. She doesn't have time for it, so she gave the job to the treasurer and she does it at a rate of $15,per hour. she charges the township. Then some times, the clerk will receive a request under the freedom of information act and she will tell the supervisor. "Here, I'm not doing this because I'm not the FOIA clerk. She is very confused about her job. I could go on more but someone revealed something about the clerk that was embarrassing and the clerks husband decided to recall the supervisor so she couldn't embarrass her any more.Then they passed a petition around and told people signing it "If ou don't sign , then Mrs Burgess will raise your taxes. Well, we all know the township supervisor can't change the assestment on your property. Ask Mr Vetters, He was all huffy about his taxes being raised, and after looking at the book, Mrs Burgess said I agree something is wrong and she would work on it
with him. Will he apologize in the paper about it probably not. What do You think should be done.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Aug 23 Truthisgood 115
Canton teen nearly drowns; pulled from Muskegon... Aug 17 Kevin 1
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul '14 gottondas 5,482
Unsolved Murder (Mar '08) Jul '14 Reed City ex resi... 367
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul '14 maeball 169
Chestnut Street in Reed City Jul '14 Riverdog 1
Sun tomorrow, rain Friday Jun '14 Sneaky Pete 2
•••
•••

Big Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Big Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••