Former Big Rapids Teacher Convicted of Stalking and Sexually Assaulting Woman

Jul 27, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WWUP-TV Cadillac

Jurors found a former Big Rapids teacher guilty of stalking and sexually assaulting a co-worker. Ted Alberts was convicted this week.

Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Dec 12, 2012
2 Pound

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

It is to bad this small town newspaper and news channels have made him sound like such an animal. It is to bad they didn't check into his past to hideout other things about him. Like he is a caring and loving son. In a small town like Big Rapids you can't tell me it was fair for him. Everyone in and around the town heard stories that were told.
3 pound

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

Everyone Is a son or daughter still he was found guilty and needs to lose his job!!!!
4 pound

Jackson, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

Judged:

He may be a caring and loving son, but that is a different relationship than with a girlfriend or female friend. His actions are not a shock for someone who knew him.
2 pound

Farmington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2011

Judged:

4 pound wrote:
He may be a caring and loving son, but that is a different relationship than with a girlfriend or female friend. His actions are not a shock for someone who knew him.
No, what is said he did is a stock. I can see the a women from the town of Big Rapids not telling the truth just to have a job. Most people in that small town will do anything to help a hometown person get a job. Shit he has a beautiful wife.
3 pound

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2011

Judged:

You all say she is trying to do this to get a job. I don't get it how you think she will get a job from this. He still was found guilty needs to lose job and his wife and be sent to prison for a long time
4 pound

Jackson, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2011

Judged:

Even people who have a "beautiful" wife can act like this. And you shouldn't blame the co-worker. Even if she did give him attention, flirting or what not that doesn't give him the right to be aggresive and sexually assault her. People don't make up stories like that unless there is something to gain. You say a job. That's ridiculous. Oh, here's a job because we feel so sorry for you.
Sad Supporters

Ypsilanti, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2011

Judged:

It is a sad country we live in when one person can accuse another of something that can have devastating, life changing consequences, for a job?!
3 pound

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2011

Judged:

To sad supporter what world or planet do you live on?
Sad supporter

Ypsilanti, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2011

Judged:

Apparently a pretty cold one!
Failing System

Novi, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2011

Judged:

This makes me Sick to my stomach! I am a FEMALE friend of Ted's and have known him for a long time. We went to college together and had the same group of friends. Never ONCE did I feel uncomfortable around him. He was always respectful, caring, thoughtful and an upstanding gentlemen. He was an amazing and caring teacher as well. I am blown away that he has been convicted of what this woman has accused. Another innocent person has been harmed and our system has failed us again!
honest citizen

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2011

Judged:

He is a good person, it amazes me that circumstancial evidence can convict someone. Nobody askes why the so called "victim" waited days to report the so called "incident." Dont believe everything you hear, this individual couldn't hurt a fly. Most flies are bigger than him. Guilty until proven innocent, Big Rapids, MI.
A Ogle

Hendersonville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2011

honest citizen wrote:
He is a good person, it amazes me that circumstancial evidence can convict someone. Nobody askes why the so called "victim" waited days to report the so called "incident." Dont believe everything you hear, this individual couldn't hurt a fly. Most flies are bigger than him. Guilty until proven innocent, Big Rapids, MI.
I worked with Ted for 2 years in Fl. and this young man always treated me with the utmost respect and dignity. I do not belkieve for one moment that any of this is true. If the evidence was circumstancial then thats even worse. Maybe it's a case of Hell of no fury like a woman scored.
Phil

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2011

Tried + convicted = guilty
PQN

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2011

Judged:

To Failing System, I to was a friend and also a girlfriend of Ted's in college. He was not respectful or a gentleman. He was a womanizer and most likely still is. I'm not a woman scorned. That relationship taught me a lot. But it doesn't surprise me that this has happened to him. I'm surprised it has taken this long for something like this to happen. I'm sure he is a great teacher. He always had that passion to teach and help kids learn. But his character, when I was with him, was flawed.
2 pound

Novi, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2011

Judged:

It is to bad that people in court didn't know that she tried to do this before to another male teacher... she sounds like a small town bitch that needs a job...maybe after the truth comes out she could go a get a job at the old Ruddy Ducks as a dancer for the new gentlemens club
beenthere

Ypsilanti, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2011

Judged:

4 pound wrote:
Even people who have a "beautiful" wife can act like this. And you shouldn't blame the co-worker. Even if she did give him attention, flirting or what not that doesn't give him the right to be aggresive and sexually assault her. People don't make up stories like that unless there is something to gain. You say a job. That's ridiculous. Oh, here's a job because we feel so sorry for you.
I am sorry but people do make up stories especially if they want to get someone in trouble. All they have to do is make the accusation and thats all it takes to start. I know, I had it happened to me and I had NOTHING to do with what I was accused of. I had to go to jail, trial and had a jury decide who they believed the person who accused me or me trying to defend my innocence. I WAS NOT GUILTY but almost got convicted. Don't point fingers if you weren't there yourself.
Neeshelp

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

He deserved the jail time that he got. And in all honesty, he shoul have gotten more. His wife was a very smart woman for not staying with him. If I were her, I would have left his sorry a$$ too. He talks a lot of talk and makes himself look good upon meeting him. It didn't take long for me to fugure out that he was not what he seemed. He not only began stalking me, but another one of my co workers also. He bacame angry with me, and began treating me unfairly when I told him I was not willing to go out to the bar with him at night becaus my boyfriend wouldn't appreciate it. Once he knew he wasn't going to get what he wanted from me, he turned into a monster. That is what he is. He needs help and should never have gotten out of jail. He is a loser and will never get anywhere in life with the attitude he has. He is nothing special, and I pray that no other woman has to deal with him the way I have

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Big Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) 4 hr Truthisgood 115
Canton teen nearly drowns; pulled from Muskegon... Aug 17 Kevin 1
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul 23 gottondas 5,482
Unsolved Murder (Mar '08) Jul '14 Reed City ex resi... 367
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul '14 maeball 169
Chestnut Street in Reed City Jul '14 Riverdog 1
Sun tomorrow, rain Friday Jun '14 Sneaky Pete 2

Search the Big Rapids Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Big Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Big Rapids People Search