Reopening the Osceola Inn

Oct 6, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Northern Michigan News

In June 2005, Scott Flaska of Leelanau County purchased the Osceola Inn in Reed City hoping it would be a good investment.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 32 of32
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 09

Hersey, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
May 5, 2011
 
TEC wrote:
Was the Osceola Inn mostly a attraction for it's bar and restaurant when it was open or is the hotel part something that is needed in the area? I believe it would take a lot of work from a group to get it up and running, but, it could provide a nice teen hang out, as well as jobs, and it's really a beautiful old building. It's a shame to see it sitting empty and sad. I heard Yoplait isn't interested anymore.
If Yoplait is no longer interested then I go back to my idea of taking it all down and making it all into a nice park for the residents. The building would cost too much to renovate and no one in their right mind would invest that much money in Reed City...just not enough people to make it pay.

Live free or die
Jim
junk pile

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
May 10, 2011
 
TEC wrote:
Was the Osceola Inn mostly a attraction for it's bar and restaurant when it was open or is the hotel part something that is needed in the area? I believe it would take a lot of work from a group to get it up and running, but, it could provide a nice teen hang out, as well as jobs, and it's really a beautiful old building. It's a shame to see it sitting empty and sad. I heard Yoplait isn't interested anymore.
I really don't think any attraction the inn has had, has been there for many years, even the last few years it was opened it was only known for cramped space,nasty rooms, and an alcoholic hang out. This is not the type of history Reed City needs. The age of the alcoholics is over and it's time to bring in something that is worthy to be called historic
just me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
May 27, 2011
 
i think it should be renovated and turned into 1 bedroom and studio apartments with private clubhouse for "working" over 30 single people..not income based..something nice where it would be a privilege to live there..promote working people not welfare
Wallowing

Trenton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Apr 3, 2012
 
Ahh, yes. The old Osceola Inn. A once crown jewel in the always charming inbred one horse town of Reed City. I was unfortunate enough to attend jr and senior high school there and to this day, it remains the absolute darkest period in my entire existence. Judging from the earlier squabbling about he-said, she said, slutty, insurance fraud bickering, it's nice to know that not much has changed there since the 80s. A bunch of small town, big mouth gossip by people who never had more than two brain cells to rub together. And to think that things always usually change for the better.

Since: Jan 09

Hersey, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Apr 4, 2012
 
Wallowing wrote:
Ahh, yes. The old Osceola Inn. A once crown jewel in the always charming inbred one horse town of Reed City. I was unfortunate enough to attend jr and senior high school there and to this day, it remains the absolute darkest period in my entire existence. Judging from the earlier squabbling about he-said, she said, slutty, insurance fraud bickering, it's nice to know that not much has changed there since the 80s. A bunch of small town, big mouth gossip by people who never had more than two brain cells to rub together. And to think that things always usually change for the better.
Interesting that a nameless troll slinks by 10 months after the last post to this thread and bashes Reed City as though Trenton Michigan were some pinnacle of societal evolution...spare us the BS. I grew up in Livonia where people from Trenton wised they lived. Every town, city and village has it's idiots as your keyboard has so deftly proven.
CAB

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Apr 8, 2012
 
We spent a honeymoon night there in 1995 or 96. We heard a noise in the night...the ceiling had fallen in the closet. Probably due to the loud country boot-scootin' downstairs!
CAB

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Apr 8, 2012
 
*turns, FARTS, leaves room*

Since: Jan 09

Hersey, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Apr 9, 2012
 
CAB wrote:
We spent a honeymoon night there in 1995 or 96.
LMAO...can't remember what year you were married? Must have got hitched to one of those boot-scooters at the bar after too many shooters.
Concerned Citizen

Marion, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Jul 11, 2012
 
I would like to know more about this evil Christy B.
new here

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Sep 23, 2012
 
Concerned Citizen wrote:
I would like to know more about this evil Christy B.
Me too???
The Bike Guy

Dearborn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Oct 4, 2012
 
Be nice to save a piece of Michigan's lumbering history. The Osceola Inn could be a focal point in recultivating Reed City's once prominent standing along a major railway corridor. Especially since the railway is utilized as a snowmobile and bike route.
Too many cities become clones of others. I hope the majestic building can regain it's original oppulence.
Are-Jay-Bee

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Feb 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I'm thinking of buying the "Osecola Inn" to convert it into an Independed Veterans Retirement Livig Facilty. I have read quite about it, but could use more information in this building. If any one has any information please contact me at: cses@charter.net THANK YOU

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 32 of32
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Big Rapids Discussions

Search the Big Rapids Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Muskegon River Flooding Breaks a Record Apr 16 Kathy 1
corruption in the osceola county court system (Mar '09) Apr 9 St Cloud 60
what's happened to reed city (Mar '08) Apr 3 Riverdog 71
my childhood home (Feb '09) Apr 2 deb 9
More (light) Snow, Continued Cool Mar 30 Alice 2
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Mar 27 rider 109
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Mar 27 rider 5,463
•••
•••
•••
•••

Big Rapids Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Big Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••