Teen pushes legislation on sex education

Teen pushes legislation on sex education

There are 3 comments on the Star-Gazette story from May 13, 2006, titled Teen pushes legislation on sex education. In it, Star-Gazette reports that:

CORNING -- New York has a problem with sex education, said an advocate and activist featured Friday at a celebration luncheon by Planned Parenthood of the Southern Finger Lakes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star-Gazette.

Alan R McGillvray

Ketchikan, AK

#1 May 13, 2006
I most wholeheartedly agree. If parents won't talk to their pre and teen-aged children about their changing bodies, and what those changes mean in their lives, schools must. I believe that if these teens know what's happening to them, they will be better able to make the correct choices.
As a teen (many many years ago) my parents told me what was going on w/me: a few morning trips down the stairs w/my urinary erection,led to "talks" that educated me as to what was going on and the results of "experimentation" with someone of the opposite sex. As a result I did not get 'her' pregnant until I was 19.
Upon reflection, when it came down to the moment, all that education went right out the end of my penis. However, all that education stopped me, from going "all the way" when still in high school, the most vulnerable age.
The hormones do take over, at a certain level of activity, when action becomes more insistent than reason. So I say, let us give our children a new, more educated level of reason, rather than telling them "Just say 'NO'.
iojoj

UAE

#2 May 13, 2006
l;km;lm
Babymanel

United States

#4 Jan 19, 2013
Wow

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Flats Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Keisha Angela Thomas Aug 17 KEISHA ANGELA THOMAS 2
News Officials: Baby found in plastic bag doing 'rem... Aug 11 perfect licks balls 6
News Corning store's sugar cookies missed (Apr '06) Aug 7 jazzyjoe 37
News New York Finger Lakes Attraction Featured on Na... Jul 29 Utica Famous 1
Bobby Comfort Jul 27 Curious 1
News Governor Cuomo Announces Eight Finalists For 76... Jul '17 whatever 1
prostitutes in elmira ny Jul '17 loss4words6996 2

Big Flats Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Big Flats Mortgages