Mercersburg business owners, police c...

Mercersburg business owners, police clash

There are 1 comment on the Chambersburg Public Opinion story from Jan 23, 2013, titled Mercersburg business owners, police clash. In it, Chambersburg Public Opinion reports that:

Applause followed the remarks of Tuscarora Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Mary-Anne Gordon on Wednesday, after she asked Mercersburg Police Chief John Zechman, "We'd like you to stop the DOT inspections.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chambersburg Public Opinion.

Furious In Mercersburg

Manchester, MI

#1 Jan 24, 2013
"You have to look at the big picture," Zechman said. "There's no requirement to do a traffic study."
There's also no requirent to do inspections!
Zechman also says "We have a lot of mountains around here and that puts a lot of wear and tear on trucks."
Then why not just inspect trucks that have come off of the mountain? Does the McConnellsburg police check trucks on their side of the mountain? NO! They don't even have a police department any longer, maybe Mercersburg should follow their example.
Both my son and I have been followed by Mercersburg PD on occassion. They will ride right on our bumper, pushing us through town. When that doesn't force us to make a mistake, they will start to zig-zag, hoping that we will loose concentration long enough to swerve, so that they can pull us over. Why is it OK for them to break the law, then to pull people over for the same offense?
One third of the borough's budget goes to pay for the PD! WHAT!!?? That is just crazy!!!! They are driving customers away from businesses, their employees get paid for less hours, the trucks that are getting stopped for inspections are costing the businesses additional lost revenue, and ultimately less revenue for the borough, yet we the PD has seen an increase in pay of 67% over the past ten years!!!!
Mercersburg residents and business owners / employees need to stand up and tell the PD and borough NO MORE HARASSMENT!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Cove Tannery Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
vincent martz egor Fri jio 9
News Franklin County area police log (Jan '11) Mar 18 duck man 5
News Christian helpline, prayer line opens (Dec '08) Mar 1 friend of martzs 26
we want something done Feb 25 justice 1
News Peggy Ann Bradnick Jackson to open Fulton Fall ... (Oct '08) Feb '17 Snowflake 112
egor vince martz Feb '17 martz families 2
thief Jan '17 dre 1

Big Cove Tannery Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Big Cove Tannery Mortgages