Paving Fraud Suspect Arrested

There are 20 comments on the Sep 18, 2008, Crestline Courier-News story titled Paving Fraud Suspect Arrested. In it, Crestline Courier-News reports that:

One day after a story outlining his allegedly fraudulent deeds appeared on the front page of The Mountain News last Thursday, a man suspected of bilking numerous mountain residents in a paving scheme was ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Crestline Courier-News.

Derry nh girl

Hampstead, NH

#334 Jun 20, 2010
and i never got anything paved i knew better sheila lol....!!!!!!
derry nh girl

Hampstead, NH

#335 Jun 20, 2010
FOUND SOME MORE ..........

Public Paving;Ace Paving; Ace Stanley Paving Gypsie Paving Company Scamming Victims out of Thousands Town by Town and State by State Derry New Hampshire
Potential Victims Beware! Public Paving, AKA Ace Paving, AKA Ace Stanley Paving is a band of traveling Gypsies with one goal in mind, FRAUD-THEFT! It all begins with a clean cut younger criminal knocking on the door of residences and businesses telling the unknowing victim that they are a paving company that has some "extra crushed asphalt from another job" that they can sell real cheap. Once the deal is agreed upon, usually a couple of hundred dollars, they advise that they can grade, spread, and seal the asphalt for just a little more (in my case less than a thousand dollars). They then begin the work and while the work is being conducted (in and out in less than two hours total) they get you to sign a 'work order' that has only your address and name on it. When the work in completed they bring the signed work order back to you, this time with an OUTRAGEOUS figure on it.
In my case, from start to finish about an hour in a half, the bill....$6,300.00! The work is substandard, they promise (not in writing) two inches of asphalt when in fact it is probably less than a half inch. These guys work fast and are traveling the East Coast
from town to town. They are based out of NH, and operate under a variety of names, including "Public Paving, Ace Paving". The owner is a guy named Esau "Ace" Stanley, who will call and harass and demand the money. CALL THE COPS! They took one to jail in my case yesterday, they don't have any business license, and once they get your money you will never see them again.
I see from some searches that they have done this in NH, TX, NH,MI, and now South East Georgia. Some of the numbers that they use, and call from, are out of NH and NJ. Look out for this band of thieves, and don't pay them for anything you didn't receive CALL THE COPS!
Michael
Brunswick, Georgia
U.S.A.
derry nh girl

Hampstead, NH

#336 Jun 20, 2010
CONSUMER TIPS

CSLB urges consumers to follow these tips to avoid being scammed:

>> Be especially cautious when "good deals" are offered, especially when they involve "leftover" materials.

>> Ask to see the contractorīs pocket license card and photo ID.

>> Verify the contractorīs license at www.cslb.ca.gov , www.CheckTheLicenseFirst.com , or call 1-800-321-CSLB (2752).

>> Donīt rush into repairs, no matter how badly theyīre needed.

>> Donīt pay more than 10 percent or $1,000, whichever is less, as a down payment.

>> Donīt pay in cash, and contact the licensee to verify to whom any check should be made.

>> Get at least three bids, check references, and get a written contract.
Hot loader

United States

#337 Jun 20, 2010
A load of shit that's what you are lady be a good girl and try and save the world from us bad guy worry about child molesters not gypsy pavers
Hot loader

Escalon, CA

#338 Jun 20, 2010
You girls are fat cows
sheila labarre wanna be

Portsmouth, NH

#339 Jun 20, 2010
Very attractive bodacious goddesses, two women who will NEVER want you. Sleeze is not attractive.
sheila labarre wanna be

East Hampstead, NH

#340 Jun 21, 2010
State Paving was last known to have switched up the name...now Asphalt paving(not very creative Joshua J Stanley Sr) TCS paving, Cooper, Public paving, Propaving, Ace Paving... all the same family. Basically if it's not DeCola it's the Stanleys or the Snows at least here in NH and MA another Joshua J junior appears to have "hi-jacked" the name "mainewide", thievery is big biz.
former Salem resident

United States

#341 Jun 21, 2010
sheila labarre wanna be wrote:
Found it, kaboom!
Sheila, isn't fire wonderful?
STanley

Palmdale, CA

#342 Jun 21, 2010

you crazy rednecks want to blow shit up !!!! Now we should start a forum about u
STanley

Palmdale, CA

#343 Jun 21, 2010
Ps. Bodacious is a nicer word for a fat a@$ bi@ch
Hot loader

United States

#345 Jun 23, 2010
I got something you fat girls can blow lol
derry nh girl

Hampstead, NH

#346 Jul 14, 2010
see you still lie you think you know what your talking about
just like your work its shit
sheila labarre wanna be

Bronx, NY

#347 Jul 17, 2010
porch monkies
Hotloader

United States

#348 Jul 23, 2010
I'm so tired of you white trash rednecks talking crap no of you guys would never make it a day in our shoes so back OFF
sheila labarre wanna be

East Hampstead, NH

#349 Jul 25, 2010
We don't have to walk in your shoes. We have the brains and integrity to earn our living without stealing. Just move out of our neighborhoods and stay out of the news, then I would be delighted to back off of the Stanleys.
Hotloader

San Jose, CA

#350 Jul 25, 2010
It don't take brains to work at the drive true
Or integrity just a dumb a$$ like you and I bet you steal happy meal toys and sell them on EBAY lol
sheila labarre wanna be

Arlington, VA

#351 Jul 28, 2010
STFUGBTW I need license plates
Hot loader

Escalon, CA

#352 Aug 12, 2010
Summer deals who needs blacktop ?
I lay it all night long
Local Wyoming contractor

United States

#353 Aug 25, 2010
My names whitey Daley and I'll woop a Stanley just for fun if I can't I'll have my man Waco quit the marajuana and get in the gym and he will woop ya. Watch your self were coming to Boston
Local Wyoming contractor

United States

#354 Aug 25, 2010
And I'm bringing carbin and scooter and old Martin price these paving scams are gonna come to a end we are a pack of super heroes fighting paving scams if you see a 6-5 400 pound object flying thru the air no that's not a plane that's super whitey. Or if you see a old paint van with smoke rolling out the windows no that's not shaggy and the mystery machine that's Waco and his van before I took him to work

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Bear Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man Beaten by San Bernardino Co Deputies Gets $... Apr 24 CopBlock 1
Happy 4/20, Big Bear! Apr 20 LEAP 1
Moving to Big Bear Lake (Jul '06) Apr 19 Banksters_Rule_th... 57
Stop dumping your excrement in Big Bear Mar 29 Jebus 1
Big Bear Churches Love Pedophiles Mar '15 Wally 2
Atheist TV - For those who are tired of being s... Mar '15 Dawkins 1
Harbor Freight Tools Mar '15 Daniel Johnson 1
More from around the web

Big Bear Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE