Frank Girardot: When it comes to fireworks, performance is everything

Jun 28, 2010 Read more: Whittier Daily News 6
In the debate over "Safe and Sane" or "Dangerous and Illegal" I've tended to side with the later. Read more
Pissed off in Whittier

Whittier, CA

#1 Jun 28, 2010
Beautifully written Giradot. Reminds me of my childhood days. We would "score" firecrackers and bottle rockets and start lighting them off a couple of days before the Fourth, and save a few for after the 4th.
I loved the smell of the gun powder. It had the same effect on me and my brothers as catnip does on kittens.
On occasion, we used to go to Mexico and get some of the Mexican made fireworks. Not as powerful or reliable as the Chinese-made fireworks, but they served their purpose.

My oldest brother still has a collection of the wrappers. I swear Chinese creativity and imagination is best represented in these packages.

I miss those days.
3MTA3U

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Jun 29, 2010
Hello Frank. Have you ever seen a 15 year old kid get half his face burned off by an illegal sky rocket? Ahh yes, the smell of burned flesh and gunpowder on a beautiful Fourth of July evening. Barbecue chicken will never be the same. But wait, how about the little guy who held the M-80 with the short fuse? Good times. Lucky for him game controllers are designed so you can still play without the index finger. Maybe we could sit down one day and peruse through photos and documents of youth traumatized by incidents involving illegal fireworks. Ask any person who has ever been seriously injured by an illegal firework if performance was an issue. Although I'm not an advocate of the legalization or continued prohibition of marijuana, I've yet to see or hear of anyone get their fingers blown off by a well rolled joint. Wonderland is now a gay pride party held every year in Hollywood. They have a safe fireworks before midnight show if you're still interested. I really enjoyed illegal fireworks for the longest time too, but then realized I was on the wrong side of the firecracker Looking Glass. Let it go Frank. Let it go....there's still time LOL
NOT TRUE

West Covina, CA

#3 Jun 29, 2010
3MTA3U wrote:
Hello Frank. Have you ever seen a 15 year old kid get half his face burned off by an illegal sky rocket? Ahh yes, the smell of burned flesh and gunpowder on a beautiful Fourth of July evening. Barbecue chicken will never be the same. But wait, how about the little guy who held the M-80 with the short fuse? Good times. Lucky for him game controllers are designed so you can still play without the index finger. Maybe we could sit down one day and peruse through photos and documents of youth traumatized by incidents involving illegal fireworks. Ask any person who has ever been seriously injured by an illegal firework if performance was an issue. Although I'm not an advocate of the legalization or continued prohibition of marijuana, I've yet to see or hear of anyone get their fingers blown off by a well rolled joint. Wonderland is now a gay pride party held every year in Hollywood. They have a safe fireworks before midnight show if you're still interested. I really enjoyed illegal fireworks for the longest time too, but then realized I was on the wrong side of the firecracker Looking Glass. Let it go Frank. Let it go....there's still time LOL
not ture you can get killed from Driving home from work you can die as you type if your pc blowsup fron power surge dont make our childhood memories bad it was the shits if you we'er the guy who hooked up the fireorks the icecream man always had the good shit now pot clinics rule fuk that lets us have fun and if you lose a finger to bad you lost still fun dont hate cus you grew up with no memories HATER!
larryb

Whittier, CA

#4 Jun 29, 2010
I am consumed by illegal fireworks. I harnessed this feeling by volunteering for professional shows. Try the website www.pyroinnovations.com you can fill out a form and help with smaller shows. Once they are comfortable with your performance (safety, working skills,etc.) they will invite you to bigger and better shows. While nothing beats lighting your own...it sure beats jail. you also get to handle, ignite and enjoy BIGGER explosives in a controlled enviroment.
Mike

Monrovia, CA

#5 Jun 29, 2010
NOT TRUE wrote:
<quoted text> not ture you can get killed from Driving home from work you can die as you type if your pc blowsup fron power surge dont make our childhood memories bad it was the **** if you we'er the guy who hooked up the fireorks the icecream man always had the good **** now pot clinics rule **** that lets us have fun and if you lose a finger to bad you lost still fun dont hate cus you grew up with no memories HATER!
Try that whole thing again using 'spell check' and punctuation. Pot clinics rule..What?
3MTA3U

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Jun 30, 2010
NOT TRUE wrote:
<quoted text> not ture you can get killed from Driving home from work you can die as you type if your pc blowsup fron power surge dont make our childhood memories bad it was the **** if you we'er the guy who hooked up the fireorks the icecream man always had the good **** now pot clinics rule **** that lets us have fun and if you lose a finger to bad you lost still fun dont hate cus you grew up with no memories HATER!
What did you try and type??!! Did you get your fingers blown off while stoned?? LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bieber Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Justin Bieber`s life turned into a comic book (Jul '10) 6 hr danaonlyloves 3
Brenda Neff Schauer (Nov '12) Sep '14 Amber neff 3
News 6 wildfires keep firefighters busy in California (Aug '14) Aug '14 Cindy 1
History of the Buckhorn Saloon in McArthur Ca (Dec '07) May '14 TedC 14
News Justin Bieber's Bodyguard, Driver Arrested In A... (Mar '14) Apr '14 Jack 5
Inhospitality (Mar '14) Mar '14 ken 1
News The Complete Beer Nerd's Guide to SF Beer Week (Feb '14) Feb '14 Mark Spalding 1
More from around the web

Bieber People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]