First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rusty Houser

Phenix City, AL

#1 Mar 18, 2013
I look forward to seeing how far you will go to encourage free speech from sincere people with good intentions

The mainstream Columbus media has failed
Smiths Station Panthers

Smiths Station, AL

#2 Mar 19, 2013
Thats our mantra here on the Columbus area Topix, at least until you get shadowbanned, LOL
Druid Hills Commando

Mcdonough, GA

#3 Mar 20, 2013
Topix is the epitome of free speech.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#5 Mar 20, 2013
Smiths Station Panthers wrote:
Thats our mantra here on the Columbus area Topix, at least until you get shadowbanned, LOL
Well, free speech yes, but the posts also have to be within the Topix.com standards of what is inappropriate or offensive language, or posting of lies and libel, and so on.

As the statement goes with each post, and as the poster is expected to agree to and follow with their content:

"Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator..."

In other words, vile language, lies and personal attacks against other posters is not covered by "free speech".

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Smiths Station Panthers

Smiths Station, AL

#6 Mar 20, 2013
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, free speech yes, but the posts also have to be within the Topix.com standards of what is inappropriate or offensive language, or posting of lies and libel, and so on.
As the statement goes with each post, and as the poster is expected to agree to and follow with their content:
"Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator..."
In other words, vile language, lies and personal attacks against other posters is not covered by "free speech".
--
Offensive words are flagged immediately. If anything else, it has to be reported. I know I have reported some posts that I found offensive to my religious beliefs and they were removed in a few days.
I remember some on here were making fun of your personal hygiene among other things and you must have complained because they were removed also.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#7 Mar 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Offensive words are flagged immediately. If anything else, it has to be reported. I know I have reported some posts that I found offensive to my religious beliefs and they were removed in a few days.
I remember some on here were making fun of your personal hygiene among other things and you must have complained because they were removed also.
There's a difference in "making fun" and outright lying, as you know... and any statements about me that you mentioned would have fallen into a lying attempt to smear me and my name.

I see things vanish that I see no explanation of, maybe they are reported, or maybe the moderator has other methods of getting rid of the trollish elements.

I do know that Topix.com made national headlines over some of the nasty personal attacks and lies, libel, name smearing and other offensive and abusive acts, so maybe they stay on top of things better now for that reason:

As happens over and over here on the Forums, these anonymous, obsessed trolls create these threads apparently from some obsessed agenda they have to attempt to smear my name, libel, and otherwise misrepresent me. And from further reading, it appears to be a sort of Topix.com phenomenon that some don't seem to be able to deal with as well as I have.

For example:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/20/us/small-to...

"...a social media Web site called Topix, where they write and read startlingly negative posts, all cloaked in anonymity, about one another. And in Dee’s Place, people are not happy... called Topix a 'cesspool of character assassination.'[...] In rural America, older, poorer remote population lagged the rest of the country in embracing the Internet, the growing use of social media is raising familiar concerns about bullying and privacy... hubs of unsubstantiated gossip, stirring widespread resentment in communities where ties run deep, memories run long and anonymity is a novel concept.'Something about rural culture seems to make people want to have conversations in public,' Topix, a site lightly trafficked in cities, enjoys a dedicated and growing following across the Ozarks, Appalachia and much of the rural South, establishing an unexpected niche in communities of a few hundred or few thousand people..."

And, of course, there's a difference between free speech and libel. The posts made here and elsewhere on Topix.com by the trolls you asked about generally tend to fall into the latter category.

--

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#10 Mar 20, 2013
Ralph Macchio wrote:
<quoted text>

<inappropriate, bizarre posting deleted>

Get this deleted, it TRUE! I don't care IT IS TRUE!
You have to ask yourself, does my post pass the simple standard of the Topix.com agreement below...

And if it doesn't, then perhaps you should rethink it and try again?

Good luck... heh.

--
"Idle Hour Night" / Shadowville All-Stars 2013:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/...
Everett

Griffin, GA

#11 Mar 21, 2013
Ralph Macchio wrote:
<quoted text>
It was his dandruff, from his head and from his beard.
I have seen him sit at a table and it will be almost covered with small white flecks, IT TRUE!
I had to go to the restroom and throw up after he noticed it and dusted it off with his hand and the particles traveled in to everyones drinks.
Get this deleted, it TRUE! I don't care IT IS TRUE!
There are simple cures for that problem but someone has to know about it and care first.
You sure let that guy know about it, now you can see if he cares.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#12 Mar 21, 2013
Druid Hills Commando wrote:
Topix is the epitome of free speech.
With free speech come a great responsibility to have integrity, also.

Many of the anonymous posters here lack that.

--
Twilight Girl, written by Will Dockery & Henry Conley:
http://youtu.be/BYETTK16jQI
Larry

Carrollton, GA

#14 Mar 22, 2013
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
With free speech come a great responsibility to have integrity, also.
Many of the anonymous posters here lack that.
--
Twilight Girl, written by Will Dockery & Henry Conley:
http://youtu.be/BYETTK16jQI
It is the ultimate hypocrisy for you to accuse anyone of a lack of integrity.
I have noticed that you think that you are somehow superior to all who post here, anonymous or not.
The most insightful and thought provoking comments I have read on here have come from unregistered anonymous posters. Even though you are registered , you as a person lack integrity and that carries over to this board. That is why what you post is nothing more than spam and is treated accordingly.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#15 Mar 22, 2013
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the ultimate hypocrisy for you to accuse anyone

<blathering rant snipped>
Larry, it has nothing to do with me, these anonymous trolls you want to defend so stridently basically can't seem to resist trying to get by with violating the Topix.com Terms of service, and thus get deleted and removed by the moderator.

Read my last post slowly, and perhaps you'll understand:

You have to ask yourself, does my post pass the simple standard of the Topix.com agreement below...

And if it doesn't, then perhaps you should rethink it and try again?

Good luck... heh.

--
"Idle Hour Night" / Shadowville All-Stars 2013:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/...
Druid Hills Commando

Forsyth, GA

#16 Mar 22, 2013
Ha ha ha Will, you didn't even see what "Larry" was replying to, maybe you should take your own advise and read others posts slowly.
You are obnoxious to people on here, you've even been that way to me when I disagree with what you post.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#17 Mar 22, 2013
Ha ha ha Will, you didn't even see what "Larry" was replying to
Well, since "Larry" posted his statements here on a public Forum it doesn't matter who he was posting to, he's posting to us all, and to the internet in general. I know you understand that.

And either way, my response if to ALL who post here, and obviously is based on the Topix.com policy towards the personal attacks, slanders, libel and smearing made by the anonymous trolls:

There's a difference in "making fun" and outright lying, as you know... and any statements about me that you mentioned would have fallen into a lying attempt to smear me and my name.

I see things vanish that I see no explanation of, maybe they are reported, or maybe the moderator has other methods of getting rid of the trollish elements.

I do know that Topix.com made national headlines over some of the nasty personal attacks and lies, libel, name smearing and other offensive and abusive acts, so maybe they stay on top of things better now for that reason:

As happens over and over here on the Forums, these anonymous, obsessed trolls create these threads apparently from some obsessed agenda they have to attempt to smear my name, libel, and otherwise misrepresent me. And from further reading, it appears to be a sort of Topix.com phenomenon that some don't seem to be able to deal with as well as I have.

For example:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/20/us/small-to...

"...a social media Web site called Topix, where they write and read startlingly negative posts, all cloaked in anonymity, about one another. And in Dee’s Place, people are not happy... called Topix a 'cesspool of character assassination.'[...] In rural America, older, poorer remote population lagged the rest of the country in embracing the Internet, the growing use of social media is raising familiar concerns about bullying and privacy... hubs of unsubstantiated gossip, stirring widespread resentment in communities where ties run deep, memories run long and anonymity is a novel concept.'Something about rural culture seems to make people want to have conversations in public,' Topix, a site lightly trafficked in cities, enjoys a dedicated and growing following across the Ozarks, Appalachia and much of the rural South, establishing an unexpected niche in communities of a few hundred or few thousand people..."

And, of course, there's a difference between free speech and libel. The posts made here and elsewhere on Topix.com by the trolls you asked about generally tend to fall into the latter category.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
Delmar Gibbons

Columbus, GA

#19 Mar 23, 2013
The Columbus forum is a bunch of hogwash
Druid Hills Commando

Anniston, AL

#20 Mar 25, 2013
I still think Topix is the epitome of free speech.
Don't need any lessons on what to post or not to post from any hypocrites either.
Some people take this Topix thing waaaaay too seriously, usually they have 5000 or more posts.
I guess after posting so long on here you kinda start thinking you own it.
Newsflash! You don't.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#21 Mar 25, 2013
Don't need any lessons on what to post or not to post

<snip>
No, you seem to have enough sense what will or won't float here on Topix.com , just heed the words you're supposedly agreeing to whenever you make a post here:

And you should do okay.
Smiths Station Panthers

Smiths Station, AL

#22 Mar 25, 2013
Don't need any lessons on what to post or not to post from any hypocrites either.
Some people take this Topix thing waaaaay too seriously, usually they have 5000 or more posts.
I guess after posting so long on here you kinda start thinking you own it.
Newsflash! You don't.
That does seem to be the case. I have seem some people with over 20000 posts and have been on Topix for maybe 4-5 years.
Guess everyone has to have a hobby, LOL.
I like what you post DHC, even if I don't agree to it.
You got to wonder if maybe with some people, this is the only place where they are heard.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#23 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text>
That does seem to be the case. I have seem some people with over 20000 posts and have been on Topix for maybe 4-5 years.
You got to wonder if maybe with some people, this is the only place where they are heard.
Yeah, I generally get a kick out of what you and Commando post here, and you guys know the boundaries, it seems.

I don't think I've seen a single personal attack or lying false accusation from either of you in all the hundreds of posts I've read of yours.
Pedro

Columbus, GA

#24 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text>
I am new here and I think you guys are great.
Smiths Station Panthers

Smiths Station, AL

#25 Mar 26, 2013
Pedro wrote:
<quoted text>
I am new here and I think you guys are great.
Thanks and welcome to the board, Pedro

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bibb City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Out Source Purdue Oct 18 Stan 3
Are Discussions on politics being sensored on T... Oct 16 Country Captain 2
Columbus 'played such a pivotal role in the wor... Oct 15 David53g 18
Historic riverfront mansion gutted by fire Oct 14 L-E-O 17
Ebola In Texas Oct 9 Concerned in Colu... 3
June 8: Expect music, barbecue, ukulele jam at ... Oct 3 Will Dockery 6
Mayor Teresa Tomlinson: Columbus has never been... (Jan '14) Feb '14 Will Dockery 20
Bibb City Dating
Find my Match

Bibb City Jobs

Bibb City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bibb City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bibb City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]