Obama wants forced integration to Whi...

Obama wants forced integration to White neighborhoods

Posted in the Beverly Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Man

Merchantville, NJ

#1 Jul 27, 2013
In the latest social engineering experiment. If he deems your neighborhood too white, you have to integrate it. If you don't they will with hold federal money from your town.

http://theulstermanreport.com/2013/07/24/aler...
bill

Oaklyn, NJ

#2 Jul 30, 2013
Sounds wrong. Work hard get an education buy a house in a nice safe neighborhood.
Then some bureaucrat decides to move people from the ghetto next to you so they can have the same resources you worked so hard to get. Then they destroy the housing values, do all manner of crimes and you are forced to flee. Find nice peaceful neighborhood and repeat the problem.

Since: Jan 08

Willingboro, NJ

#3 Jul 31, 2013
bill wrote:
Sounds wrong. Work hard get an education buy a house in a nice safe neighborhood.
Then some bureaucrat decides to move people from the ghetto next to you so they can have the same resources you worked so hard to get. Then they destroy the housing values, do all manner of crimes and you are forced to flee. Find nice peaceful neighborhood and repeat the problem.
I don't know everything there is to know about HUD funding but how much does the "nice safe neighborhood" get to start out with?

I don't know how you go from withholding funds based on access to forced integration.
The Man

Merchantville, NJ

#4 Jul 31, 2013
Towns and counties get federal money. If you fail to integrate up to their standards they will with hold money from your town/county.

Since: Jan 08

Willingboro, NJ

#5 Aug 1, 2013
HUD money that is. Like I asked how much HUD money goes to "nice safe neighborhoods"? Seems you don't know either, but that doesn't stop you from getting your back up about it lol.
bill

Wilmington, DE

#6 Aug 1, 2013
Even wealthy blacks move to the lilly white towns. Moving the ghetto into the burbs would destroy local schools, increase crime and lower property values.
Levitown pa. homes have held their prices over the years. Willingboro has gone way down because it is a hood. Houses in Levitown are almost twice as expensive as houses in Willingboro.
Ex-Riversider

Orlando, FL

#7 Aug 1, 2013
The Man wrote:
In the latest social engineering experiment. If he deems your neighborhood too white, you have to integrate it. If you don't they will with hold federal money from your town.
http://theulstermanreport.com/2013/07/24/aler...
Let's be generous as to Obama's motives- I am sure it is just to make sure that crime is spread evenly over our country.

Why should the inner city "hoods get it all?
bill

Riverton, NJ

#9 Aug 2, 2013
They both had a housing crash. Willingboro homes are built to the same blueprint but are only worth half as much because the place is a hood.
Very little demand for a house in such places.
40 years ago levitown and willingboro homes were about the same price.
Jerseyboy For Life

Elkhart, IN

#10 Aug 2, 2013
And we start with the "White House"lets move in some whites,hispanics,and anyone of color to move into the White HOuse with the "Diversity Queen"and be one big happy family in his house....FIRST!..Who does obama thinks he is,King Obama or something,I want!!!!....I wat him impeached first,then we will talk.....
Jerseyboy For Life

Elkhart, IN

#11 Aug 2, 2013
ooops want
bill

Riverton, NJ

#13 Aug 4, 2013
Trulia lists average willingboro home sale price at $130,000 or 75 per sqft.
Levittown average sale price is $179,900 or $125 per sqft. I don't know how you figure they are about the same price. Levittown is almost 90% white. Willingboro is 75% black.
A town that has a lot of blacks just isn't as desireable
to many buyers.

Since: Apr 12

Riverside, NJ

#14 Aug 4, 2013
bill wrote:
Trulia lists average willingboro home sale price at $130,000 or 75 per sqft.
Levittown average sale price is $179,900 or $125 per sqft. I don't know how you figure they are about the same price. Levittown is almost 90% white. Willingboro is 75% black.
A town that has a lot of blacks just isn't as desireable
to many buyers.
I may be misunderstanding, but I think Enemy Combatant is saying that most of the houses originally built by the Levitt model in both towns are still worth about the same... though in levittown pa, more homes have been renovated, torn down and replaced with newer homes, restored, etc. causing for a higher overall value of homes there.
At the same time, he is assuming, due to the wording of your statements, that you mean that the values are lower simply because the residents have brown skin... It's not directly due to the residents being black that the homes are worth less here than in levittown pa, but typically, black people have less money to spend on projects like complete renovations of homes... maintaining the home is good enough... and many even fail to do that much lol.
For example, while property values all over have been dropping, my family's house remains about the same in value, due to the maintenance and upkeep with small projects here and there... windows replaced and re-insulated... a new front door, replacing old, dry, rotting wood wherever found, cutting down that dying tree, planting some new bushes, occasionally repainting the house and getting a new carpet for the family room... stuff like that's been keeping the value of my home from dropping too much... We've only just replaced our stove last year, the stove that we've had since we moved into the house 23 years ago... We still have the same oven, the same fireplace that never gets used, the same rooms, no additions or renovations... We DID do some work in the one bathroom while fixing the damage from a leaking pipe... sort of a two birds with one stone deal, we had to tear up the tiling and stuff for half the room anyway, so we got some new floor tiles and wallpaper, and a new toilet... same sink and counter, same bath tub, same light fixtures... same everything else. All of these over the course of 20+ years... and lets face it, most black people don't mess with their homes like that unless there's a problem with it... It's that "If it ain't broke don't fix it." mentality I guess. That's money that could be put toward other, more pressing matters, or saved for emergencies.
It's not simply because the residents have brown skin, but rather because of the typical socioeconomic limitations and such that tend to come with the brown skin, that home values are lower on average here... Add in the many other factors that affect property values, such as school district scoring, locations of conveniences within and near town, crime rates, and so on, and it's completely obvious that there would be a differences between the two towns.
The phrase "A town that has a lot of blacks just isn't as desirable to many buyers" needs clarification, so you don't sound like some kind of bigoted douche... Typically, black people are of lower incomes, more inclined for crimes, and less inclined for home improvement, and renovations and such. A town with more black people is far more likely to have people of low socioeconomic status, which has been proven to affect the schools and crime rates. Having more people of low status trends toward having lower grades in schools and higher crime rates. The higher crime rate can drive businesses to the outskirts of town, rather than more convenient locations... all of these things drive down property values in the long run.
I feel like if you would be more clear, and not quite so curt, with what you say, you'd have a bit less fuss from Enemy Combatant... a bit...

Since: Apr 12

Riverside, NJ

#16 Aug 7, 2013
who cares wrote:
To all of the Democrats, Republicans, blacks, whites, Hispanics, ect: can't you see what Obama and his party is doing to OUR country? He is splitting us down the middle as fast as he/they can knowing that it will start racial trouble at all levels which is what he/they want. I don't care what party or race you belong to just wake up and admit that he is going full speed to destroy OUR country. Just saying.
I have to disagree... The Obama administration doesn't actively try to split us into any of these demographics... we do it ourselves, and our administration, which is supposed to serve, and mirror the views of the people, follow suite, and when we see them act or respond in this way, we keep going... and they keep going... sort of an endless cycle... People keep complaining about the government trying to drive us apart... even if that were true, what does that say about us? Our government was made to serve the people, so what does that say about the master when he lets the servant tell him what to think? We can't just blame the government for our childish and disgraceful behavior towards one another over stupid titles and the color of our skin... that's all us.

Since: Apr 12

Riverside, NJ

#17 Aug 7, 2013
that's what it seems like to me at least.
bill

Riverton, NJ

#18 Aug 7, 2013
Haruko57 wrote:
<quoted text>
I may be misunderstanding, but I think Enemy Combatant is saying that most of the houses originally built by the Levitt model in both towns are still worth about the same... though in levittown pa, more homes have been renovated, torn down and replaced with newer homes, restored, etc. causing for a higher overall value of homes there.
At the same time, he is assuming, due to the wording of your statements, that you mean that the values are lower simply because the residents have brown skin... It's not directly due to the residents being black that the homes are worth less here than in levittown pa, but typically, black people have less money to spend on projects like complete renovations of homes... maintaining the home is good enough... and many even fail to do that much lol.
For example, while property values all over have been dropping, my family's house remains about the same in value, due to the maintenance and upkeep with small projects here and there... windows replaced and re-insulated... a new front door, replacing old, dry, rotting wood wherever found, cutting down that dying tree, planting some new bushes, occasionally repainting the house and getting a new carpet for the family room... stuff like that's been keeping the value of my home from dropping too much... We've only just replaced our stove last year, the stove that we've had since we moved into the house 23 years ago... We still have the same oven, the same fireplace that never gets used, the same rooms, no additions or renovations... We DID do some work in the one bathroom while fixing the damage from a leaking pipe... sort of a two birds with one stone deal, we had to tear up the tiling and stuff for half the room anyway, so we got some new floor tiles and wallpaper, and a new toilet... same sink and counter, same bath tub, same light fixtures... same everything else. All of these over the course of 20+ years... and lets face it, most black people don't mess with their homes like that unless there's a problem with it... It's that "If it ain't broke don't fix it." mentality I guess. That's money that could be put toward other, more pressing matters, or saved for emergencies.
It's not simply because the residents have brown skin, but rather because of the typical socioeconomic limitations and such that tend to come with the brown skin, that home values are lower on average here... Add in the many other factors that affect property values, such as school district scoring, locations of conveniences within and near town, crime rates, and so on, and it's completely obvious that there would be a differences between the two towns.
The phrase "A town that has a lot of blacks just isn't as desirable to many buyers" needs clarification, so you don't sound like some kind of bigoted douche... Typically, black people are of lower incomes, more inclined for crimes, and less inclined for home improvement, and renovations and such. A town with more black people is far more likely to have people of low socioeconomic status, which has been proven to affect the schools and crime rates. Having more people of low status trends toward having lower grades in schools and higher crime rates. The higher crime rate can drive businesses to the outskirts of town, rather than more convenient locations... all of these things drive down property values in the long run.
I feel like if you would be more clear, and not quite so curt, with what you say, you'd have a bit less fuss from Enemy Combatant... a bit...
Willingboro has a median family income of $64,000
Levittown is $57,000. So much for blaming socioeconomics for the difference.
Were are there houses in Levittown that were torn down and replaced with newer homes.
bill

Riverton, NJ

#20 Aug 7, 2013
Willingboro property taxes are high now. They were about average 35 years ago before all the businesses were chased out of town.But that is made up for with a much lower mortgage.
The homes are not identical but have the same late 50's style.$75 per sq.ft. vs $125 says the place sells at a discount. Why? Because many don't want to live there.

Since: Apr 12

Riverside, NJ

#21 Aug 8, 2013
bill wrote:
Willingboro property taxes are high now. They were about average 35 years ago before all the businesses were chased out of town.But that is made up for with a much lower mortgage.
The homes are not identical but have the same late 50's style.$75 per sq.ft. vs $125 says the place sells at a discount. Why? Because many don't want to live there.
yes... and why is that? I was never saying that that part of your statement was wrong, I hope you realize... merely that your previous statement needed clarification, because the curt wording of your reason made you sound like a racist douche... please... just copy paste my clarifying post if you must. Just give full and proper reasoning. you'd get MUCH less lip from me if you did, and possibly a bit less from Enemy Combatant.
bill

Riverton, NJ

#22 Aug 8, 2013
Go ahead when all else fails pull the race card. If that is all you have you got nothing.

Since: Apr 12

Riverside, NJ

#23 Aug 8, 2013
bill wrote:
Go ahead when all else fails pull the race card. If that is all you have you got nothing.
I'm sorry but you lost me... Who pulled the race card?

Since: Jan 08

Willingboro, NJ

#25 Aug 8, 2013
Wouldn't the taxes be lower also because Levittown is unincorporated?

I didnt know Levittown actually resides in 3 other townships and one other Burrough

Levittowns bio reads "In the years since Levitt & Sons ended construction, three- and four-story "garden apartments" and a number of non-Levitt owner-occupied houses have been built in Levittown." So just comparing price per square ft doesn't really work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beverly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what happened to willingboro ???????????? (Jul '07) Thu Walter 861
Willingoro man sentenced for role in brutal mur... Aug 22 The Man 1
Robberies, stabbings, shootings WTF? Aug 11 bill 1
W'boro man arrested in burglary (Feb '15) Aug 9 Cakies08 2
Willingboro shots fired Shetland Ln. Aug 9 The Man 1
Willingboro police investigating shooting on No... Aug 9 The Man 1
Willingboro mother tabs two juveniles fighting ... Aug 9 The Man 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Beverly Mortgages