Vineyard thieves plunder half-ton of valuable zinfandel grapes in Oakley

Aug 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Contra Costa Times

Vineyard owner Stan Planchon saw flashlights bobbing in the dark among rows of his zinfandel vines early Monday and knew right away that a grape heist was underway.

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Nov 19, 2012
yep

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

First of all, what an ignorant statement by the_dude. Trying to be funny but really only showing his foolishness.

Second, fortunately for the vineyard owners it was "only" about $1500 of loss. Hopefully they they have insurance.

Third, the joke is on the thieves. There is no way the Zin grapes were ready for winemaking. Even with the warm temps as of late those Zin grapes would not have been ready until at least September. Apparently they're fools like the_dude...
One two stepping

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

Sometimes crimes are commited by the alleged victims themselves or other competitors.

I laugh how on this Antioch CA posting everything is mainly about race and hatered. No wonder this east Contra Costa area cities are suffering and not improving.

Too much hatered and not enough action to improve the cities image and lack of quality jobs in the area.

Its just a bunch of outdated thinking "Mayberry" types sitting around just "bitching" and pointing the finger. But nothing is being done or put into action.

TALK is Cheap....and real easy to do!
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Rev LeRoi wrote:
Speaking of low down, I'd rather live in Oakland, Stockton, Detroit, or Sinaloa, Mexico-- than live in Hawthorne.
I agree.
One two stepping

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Rev LeRoi wrote:
Speaking of low down, I'd rather live in Oakland, Stockton, Detroit, or Sinaloa, Mexico-- than live in Hawthorne.
I dont live in Hawthorne...I see you know very little about the internet or computers. Ignorance is very low down "dirty shame".
one two stepping

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Uncle Ruckus- no relation wrote:
pay no attention to the job spouting, liberal pandering fool we know as onetwodouche.
Ya thats what I told your WIFE to do... Douche with Drain-O " before I would allow myself to bang her...... It was "JOB DUTY" the only one I could find...lol ....... "Uncle Butt-F-US", aka "GurU' you a such a self hating Hitler- JEW.

one two stepping

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Rev LeRoi wrote:
I also know very little about sewing machines and leaf blowers. So what.
I think you are not being honest with yourself.

Your above "BUCKET LIST" seemed a little short......but like you said ...... "so what"!!!!!
CoopyTheCod

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

One two stepping wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont live in Hawthorne...I see you know very little about the internet or computers. Ignorance is very low down "dirty shame".
I'd rather have my ISP show up in a website java-based-ping as being in Oakland than in Hawthorne.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Rev LeRoi wrote:
stepping-fetchit: one needs only a pulse to recognize that you are a low-grade moron.
be nice tim

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Beverly Hills News Video

•••
•••

Beverly Hills Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Beverly Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Beverly Hills News, Events & Info